Re: The AWESOME You Tube thread - Fixed 10/17/11

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: The AWESOME You Tube thread - Fixed 10/17/11

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Pro Wrestling is real!

"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Mini Bennett
VIP Member
Twitter: IAmLordBennett

Re: The AWESOME You Tube thread

Post by Mini Bennett » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Wow.

Mini Bennett
VIP Member

Post by Mini Bennett » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:11 am

Talk about awesome. This is the current IPW New Zealand Heavyweight champion, 'the Deal' Dal Knox. This was done only a few days ago after a big screw job angle, resulting in Dal Knox turning heel. I love how blatantly douchy Knox is as a heel. Just a complete dick head, but totally in a good way.

"Lets go drink some green tea" - badass.

starbucksaholic
VIP Member

Post by starbucksaholic » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:34 am

sarcy

Post by sarcy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3TMX0zK1gk

I don't know how to embed it. lol

Anywho, this is from the first NXT Season Finale. For all of you who think David Otunga is good on the mic, he still sucks. In the clip, Wade Barrett not only schools Otunga on shooting on someone in a promo, he actually makes the crowd react like "Damn, that was cold."

starbucksaholic
VIP Member

Post by starbucksaholic » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:52 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_m5_t_oIc

This a clip from wrestling in Puerto Rico, back in the days when you could easily tell who was good and who was evil! Man, I miss those f'n days.

starbucksaholic
VIP Member

Post by starbucksaholic » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:06 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syxUZ8G1SKI

This is a match from Puerto Rico in 1993 between Jose Huertas and Karl Moffat (in his Jason The Terrible gimmick). To me, this how you finish a bloody feud; you just fight until one guy just cannot go anymore.

This match is unique in the fact that this was the first match in history where there was NO ring. The ring was dismantle so these could go all-out in a no-holds-barred fight to the finish. This whole feud had great storytelling for about two years. Another thing I miss about wrestling these days.

starbucksaholic
VIP Member

Post by starbucksaholic » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHzksv47nZU

Another video montage from Puerto Rico. This one features Abdullah the Butcher, who was the nemesis of Carlos Colon (focal character for the WWC promotion) for over 15 years. Abdullah was greatly responsible for the boom period of wrestling on the island in the 80s.

Crow013
Mid Carder

Post by Crow013 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:02 am

This may not be a match but it is still Youtube and it is still awesome. An old promo for Santino when he was Boris Alexiev in OVW.

Holy shit, Santino!
This thread lost me when Crow said he respects DD's balls.
I'm Batman.

Mini Bennett
VIP Member

Post by Mini Bennett » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:56 am

Seinfeld?

Aussie_Wolf
Mid Carder

Post by Aussie_Wolf » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Crow013 wrote:This may not be a match but it is still Youtube and it is still awesome. An old promo for Santino when he was Boris Alexiev in OVW.

Holy shit, Santino!
Poor Santino! Used as a wrestler with not much talent for comedial relief. Sure, the dude is a laugh and a half, but couldn't the E use him a little better. Jeez, imagine him and Koslov together!
SHHH! Quiet! You might piss somebody off!

Mini Bennett
VIP Member

Post by Mini Bennett » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Not awesome at all really, but here's Seth Rollins' (Tyler Black from ROH) debut in FCW.

Wow. This by far the moveziest match I have seen on WWE television in quite some time.

While Black seems to have a slightly better grasp on selling, he has a ways to go in the ring. The guy needs to sort his move-set out, because he's all over the place. Granted he didn't have much to work with and his selling was OK considering how atrocious Vance Archers offence is, but he needs a lot of work.

I see the potential, though.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:39 am

^In all fairness to Seth Rollins, he got to FCW on Friday, and that match took place on Saturday I think. He really didn't get a chance to work with anyone on his move set. Here's a video of Seth Rollins working as a heel vs Richie Steamboat. The match is at a much better pace, and he isn't doing his wide array of moves. If he continues to improve his move set like this, he will get to the main roster faster than most of us expected. Also, Seth did a very good job of getting reactions out of the crowd.

WARNING: The fan who videotaped this is a huge Smark who refuses to call Seth Rollins "Seth," and insists on calling him "Tyler." He also tries to start ROH chants at an FCW event. The mute button is almost a necessity with how smarky this fan acts.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Malice
Mid Carder

Post by Malice » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 pm

I was never a huge fan of black in roh just because he was pretty spotty and his character was boring to me, but I think he can do some damage in FCW and jump up to the WWE roster. He has a great look, sells pretty well, but he needs to control his spots more and get his move set thinned out a bit because at times he is all over the place. With that and a little character development, I see potential in him. I also prefer the name Seth Rollins over Tyler Black. Something about the last name Rollins that sounds badass to me.

And that kid taping this was annoying. I took your advice R&Y and muted the match.
LORDmalice.
The IWC marks out for me.

rangerrick012
Mid Carder

Post by rangerrick012 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Since this isn't strictly a match thread. Some Batista awesomeness.

Malice
Mid Carder

Post by Malice » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:27 pm

rangerrick012 wrote:Since this isn't strictly a match thread. Some Batista awesomeness.
Who could forget that gem? Promo of the year!
LORDmalice.
The IWC marks out for me.

Mini Bennett
VIP Member

Post by Mini Bennett » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:39 am

WrestleMania 26 Pre-Show Battle Royal, just for the lolz.

Mini Bennett
VIP Member

Post by Mini Bennett » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:23 am

For those who are familiar with him, here is the FCW debut of Alex Koslov, who has spent time in AAA, TNA, NWA, ROH, PWG and pretty much every other smarky Indy fed you can think of. He now goes by the name of Peter Orlov.

Koslov (no relation to Vladimir) joins Seth Rollins (Tyler Black), Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed) and Hunico down in FCW, who are all alumni of either AAA, TNA or ROH.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:40 pm

How about an example of everything that was good and bad about the Attitude Era: Rock vs. Mankind 1/4/99 or The night Mankind became champion on Tape Delay

Definitely not the best match in their series, the crowd is into it but really lulling, and only the arrival of Stone Cold Steve Austin really causes them to go nuclear. I'll pose the inevitable question: If Randy Orton and Wade Barrett were having this match, and John Cena made the surprise entrance like Stone Cold, would the crowd have gone apeshit like that? Does that alone make up for a less than stellar match? Do we really nitpick this shit too much?

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Mini Bennett
VIP Member

Post by Mini Bennett » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:11 am

Richie Steamboat vs. Ricardo Rodriguez from FCW: