The Random "W" thoughts of the day! Thread.

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: The Random "W" thoughts of the day! Thread.

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Because there is zero reason for you to know the substance. Suspensions are made public because customers need to be aware if superstars will not be appearing at events or not in addition to explaining why they disappear from television. The public shaming is part of their punishment. Curiosity is not a legitimate reason to disclose private information.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:51 pm

But as these superstars are looked upon by younger fans as their role models parents have a right to know that are they letting there children wear attire worn by a coke head. I am sure that if most parents during the 80s were fully aware of what the guys the kids were cheering for were doing to their bodies night after night. Then wrestlers like Hogan ,Savage Michaels would have never have been as popular.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:11 pm

Go demand all celebrities or television personalities take drug tests and disclose their results if your excuse about wanting to know is going to be about being a role model. And no, the parents don't have a right to know.

Their privacy is their privacy. You don't need to no their substance intake no more than you need to know their religious beliefs or sexual orientation. The only reason to disclose suspensions in the first place is the fact that people pay money to see specific individuals. The customer has a need to know what they are purchasing. They do not need to know what goes on behind the scenes of the product they are purchasing.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

endless
Hall Of Famer

Post by endless » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:40 pm

From the Observer:
Both Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo have gotten offers to start in WWE in 2017 in the last week or two. Both told Stardom management about it this week. Shirai said she was going, and said that she was called by Shoichi Funaki. Hojo was contacted by Shinsuke Nakamura and Simon Inoki. Hojo at first didn’t make a final decision and there is some question if she can pass the physical because she’s had two major concussions in the last two years. In July, when WWE ran at Sumo Hall, Hojo was introduced to Nakamura through Simon Inoki, who knew her because they had worked together when Hojo did an IGF tour. Nakamura pushed to Hojo that she’d do great in WWE. Hojo most recently told the Stardom office that she’s interested in going to WWE. Stardom officials believe Shirai is gone for sure, but they are working to keep Hojo and Hojo then said she’s not sure what she’s going to do.
For those that don't know,

"The Ace of Stardom" Io Shirai: https://streamable.com/b2aq

"The Pirate Princess" Kairi Hojo: https://twitter.com/FadedEndless/status ... 1685204992

My thoughts:

It's a blow for now, but Stardom will be fine if they lose Io and Kairi. It might actually be a blessing in disguised in the long run. Kairi and Io have been at the top of Stardom for a long time. They've done it all. They've won every title. They've beaten everyone multiple times. Another year of their dominance would have been a problem booking wise. This is a good time for them to pass the torch to someone else. Mayu Iwatani deserves to be the Ace of Stardom. It's time that JK Green(Momo Watanabe and Jungle Kyona) stepped up to the next level. It's time for Oedo Tai to get a clear win over Threedom.

Io will do great in NXT. Fullsail will love her. There is no question about that. If Kairi chooses to leave, she will do fine as well. I'm not sure how well they do in WWE long term because the specter of the main roster creative team can ruin anyone, but both of them can have an excellent 1-2 years in NXT, and they can make some money on the main roster eventually. At 27-28 years old, it's the right time to make this sort of move.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:56 pm

For anyone who might be interested, there is a user on Reddit posting detailed recaps of Dave Meltzers weekly newsletters from the 1990s. It's a fascinating look into the inner workings of the business from 20 years ago and seeing the finer details of stories we may have heard about but not know too much about.

The most recent editions have covered the infamous scissors fight between Arn Arnderson and Sid Vicious, the unexpected rise of AAA to rapidly become the #2 promotion in America in 1993 and todays issue is covering Jerry Lawer being accused of having sex with two underage girls. The posts are also formatted in a way that the previous edition is easily accessible. He posts every week day

Todays issue is Novemeber 22nd, 1993

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... v_22_1993/

The earliest issue is January 8th 1991

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... nd_181991/

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:09 pm

I wish WWE would make another Hell in a cell dvd set from the point of
Summerslam 2008 - Hell in a Cell 2016 there must be enough matches
from the ppvs that the cell came from.

Because I have the first volume and but I have 2 skips on it thow :(
During the michaels hhh match and undertaker and randy orton
but thats ok say if I ever got rid of it I would never see it again
but i'll keep it thow because I really like the first set.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:44 pm

#Edit :(

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:22 pm

AndyF1069 wrote:For anyone who might be interested, there is a user on Reddit posting detailed recaps of Dave Meltzers weekly newsletters from the 1990s. It's a fascinating look into the inner workings of the business from 20 years ago and seeing the finer details of stories we may have heard about but not know too much about.

The most recent editions have covered the infamous scissors fight between Arn Arnderson and Sid Vicious, the unexpected rise of AAA to rapidly become the #2 promotion in America in 1993 and todays issue is covering Jerry Lawer being accused of having sex with two underage girls. The posts are also formatted in a way that the previous edition is easily accessible. He posts every week day

Todays issue is Novemeber 22nd, 1993

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... v_22_1993/

The earliest issue is January 8th 1991

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... nd_181991/
Arn Anderson no sold getting stabbed by scissors. There is a reason dude was the enforcer.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:42 am

I'd say if you really want access to this stuff, just be a subscriber. That gives you access to the newsletter each week and you can look up whatever they have in the archives. It will give anyone a fascinating look at the inner workings of the business.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:02 pm

This past week I saw a guy on the price is right wearing an old cactus jack"dead or alive" t'shirt

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:21 pm

I have been completing a goal by getting all the double feature box sets not including the big 4 of the year!

WWE Royal Rumble 2017
WWE Elimination Chamber&Fastlane 2017
WWE Wrestlemania 33
WWE Payback&Backlash 2017
WWE Extreme Rules&Money in the bank 2017
WWE Great balls of fire&Battleground 2017

all double features except the big 4 that are out so far even thow I added ones that I have
and septembers ppvs wont be out till the end of oct.