WWE Elimination Chamber 2015

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Re: WWE Elimination Chamber 2015

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:13 am

If he wrestled that match every week you'd have a point possibly but he was going against John Fucking Cena and threw the kitchen sink at him to get it done. He tried everything in his arsenal and even tried to mock Cena in a way to get Cena to act out of character. That's how it should be when someone is trying to beat the top dog.

The whole point of this feud is that Owens is saying he's better than Cena, it isn't the same as his feuds on NXT to this point. A different feud calls for different matches, it's stunning to me that you are so defiant in this and disliked this match so much.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:43 am

Holy shit, did that fat fuck really just do the Best Moonsault Ever?

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:48 am

How can you call him a fat fuck. He is one of the most athletic guys in wwe and that moonsault was done to perfection. You sir have no respect for the larger sized athlete

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:51 am

I call him a fat fuck based on his girth, particularly around the midsection. Yes, he is athletic as hell and can move that girth around in ways that few people can. So yes, I still express surprise that someone of his large stature can pull off a move like that.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:54 am

Watching the day after. Quick thoughts as things happen, haven't read any posts so I might be parroting people.

Tag Team Chamber match.

If Cesaro is going to try to look similar to Tyson, then he needs to ditch the towel and actually wear the Beats headphones (although I'd prefer it if both of them ditched the headphones).

Way too much standing around (or laying around) waiting for things to happen. A mexican spiderman is above you? I know, lets stare and watch for several seconds, we might need to rescue him. No chance he'll drop down on us.

J.R is on commentary, didn't notice him

Why are people interrupting cover attempts on people that don't have their partners involved in? Are they forgetting it's elimination rules and not first pin to a victory?

Nice to have seen signs of the NXT version of the Ascension, but it was harmed by silly things like trying to attack a trapped guy on top of a pod instead of taking advantage of the partner who had just been superplexed. The way they were eliminated was a bit lackluster too.

Pretty brutal beatdown on Titus, he looked like he was choking when he head made it through a gap in the cage.

"My exhausted partner just hit his finishing move, I'll just stand around and wait for him to cover instead of rushing to do it myself"

Okay match, but this was a cluster. Easy to accept since it was the first time they've done something like this.

-

Loved the Rusev Tweet

I don't see the benefit of a babyface Lana. If she gets paired with Ziggler, I don't see how it ends up benefiting either of them

-

Hope the announcers don't spend the entire match talking about Naomi's boots again. Happy she's getting to shine though.

Why didn't the Champion come out last? Minor detail, but I feel the champ should always be last out for a match.

No special introduction for the woman's title match like we'll get for the WWE title match?

So every male on the roster seems to be doing the kick from the outside of the ropes to the opponents head, and now the females are doing it.

Nice cover by the commentators for the missed kick by Nikki. Nice to see Paige cover her instead of trying to sell it after dropping down herself. Maybe it was intentional, what do I know?

I have no idea what Naomi just did to Paige whilst on her shoulders, but it looked interesting.

So Nikki gets next to no offense in but wins the match. Sure, why not. Naomi shined really well in this match. Her time will come.

-

Swerved actually looks pretty good from this trailer. Everything before now hadn't really shown anything.

-

Really looking forward to Cena vs Owens on intrigue alone, never mind hoping for a good match.

Owens pacing around like a madman, I wonder if he'll be cheered or booed when he leaves the ring immediately, thinking about how many people in the audience are familiar with NXT.

And he didn't leave the ring. What do I know?

So not only is Owens actually getting boos (and powerful ones), the crowd was chanting for Cena during a submission hold. I have no delusions that this is because of Owens - I wish more crowds were like that.

"We haven't seen anyone take the fight to Cena like this in a long time". That's almost becoming a cliche. What the hell did Rusev do if not take the fight to him for three months?

Getting annoyed at every single match with Cena involving a kickout of a finishing move.

That moonsault was really impressive, but the kickout of the AA 5 seconds later has added to my annoyance.

And Cena kicks out of his own freaking finishing move. I'm done.

Enjoying this sequence of moves. It looks like Owens is literally trying everything he can to put Cena down. It all makes sense, and isn't done for the sake of movez~. He looked like a mad man when he did the senton.

And it all paid off, he got a clean victory. Very good match, Cena isn't hurt by the loss and now Owens is set to try to fly as high as he possibly can.

Good promo. Can't wait to see what's next for him.

-

"Let's talk about every single match except the match happening in the ring".

Bo doing a good job of looking like a competitor and not a comedy act.

Decent outing by the two of them. I think Neville takes way too long to set up and execute the red arrow though. If the opponent is down that long to set it up, then wouldn't it worth trying a pin cover?

-

They didn't announce the replacement for Rusev. I saw people guessing at Stardust, but the fact they are keeping it a mystery makes me think it might be a higher level name.

Yup, Hi Mark. Nice to see you smiling and falling victim to the swapping babyface/heel as you please problem as of late. Please don't get injured in this match.

Hope Ryback doesn't let that kid down. There's more than one good guy in this match.

I love me a good Wade Barret beat down. Also loving him sassing everyone.

Replay showed Barret going after R-Truth and R-Truth looking anywhere but the exit of the pod. Was he looking for spiders?

Early pod escape, that seems new. Commentators have spent the last 5 minutes talking about it.

Why on Earth would Mark interrupt a cover attempt? Same gripe as the tag match. If he wants to beat up Wade for whatever reason then fine, but there's literally no difference in attacking him at a 2 count or at a 3 count.

Surprised to see Wade eliminated first.

So three guys just took turns attacking Mark Henry. I'm trying to work out how R-Truth ended up on the floor and vulnerable to be hit with shell shock. Did he make himself dizzy from the spinning forearm dealy he does?

I have no idea what just happened with Sheamus. He used his necklace to escape the cage?

Other than sending Ziggler through every pod, it doesn't seem as if they've used the chamber itself much.

And as soon as I type that up, Sheamus plants Ryback on the outside. What do I know?

The big guy is now the good guy. No pun intended, but good for him. So much for all the reports of Sheamus being the guy to win. Hope nobody bet any money on him. Good match, nothing special though.

Why does Bryan keep calling him "The" Ryback. Literally nobody has ever called him "The" Ryback. Ever. I'm also so accustomed to wrestling events that I had the tiny thought that Ryback was going to attack Bryan after the presentation. It seems to be the thing to do in those situations.

-

As a weekly listener of the wrestling podcasts, all of the Austin/Heyman interviews have been fascinating, Heyman is such a good story teller. I believe there have been three, although I might be including Jericho. Regardless, I'm expecting another great interview.

-

Why on Earth is Kofi in the money in the bank ladder match? Just because of his annual special moments?

-

And again, the champion is coming out first. I know I'm nitpicking and it doesn't really matter, I just like the little things. At least there was a championship introduction.

What is this strange grappling these men are doing?

I like how thus far they've been even. Seems like a nice parallel between the two.

I love how all of the Justin Bieber chants are all Kane's fault and that nobody has acknowledged that yet.

When was the last time a referee actually caught somebody cheating? Kind of nice to actually see it for once, but at the same time cheating in general rarely happens these days during matches it seems.

I love Jamie Noble.

Ambrose being clotheslined over the ropes whilst attempting to do his clothesline from the rope was a nice little move

I actually don't remember the last time a ref bump happened. This ref has earned a paybonus tonight.

Wait what? Did that really happen? No shenanigans from the ref bump? And here I was thinking I was safe to type whilst shenanigans happened. I heard the count as I was typing

Oh there we go. That was pretty well done. The heartbreak for all was real.

Pretty good overall show. Think it's safe to say Cena and Owens stole the show.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:58 am

Wow...I love the sinister turn Bo Dallas took with that opening promo.

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:30 am

Yeah...fuck this shit. Getting so sick of the constant shenanigans. There is nothing compelling about world title matches anymore. It's not "will" there be bullshit, but "what" bullshit will they come up with this time.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:22 pm

It's sad to hear wade barrett losing after winning kotr he looks like a jobber now
but Ryback winning the ic belt was awesome and that's his first belt in wwe history.

Aftermath
Mid Carder

Post by Aftermath » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:00 pm

GooberBM wrote:But the match is not consistent with Kevin Owens character at all. Look at every match he's had in NXT:

The most competitive, back and forth, match he's had was his debut with CJ Parker when he came in a battling, walking tall-ish babyface, only to throw that all away to cut in line to get Sami Zayn for the NXT Title.

That NXT Title match was a farce (in a compliment), where Owens...I don't even remember any moves he did in the ring. All that I remember is that he had Sami Zayn so twisted up inside that Sami had a good match but was beaten mentally before they ever stepped in the ring and he paid dearly for it by being powerbombed into submission.

He retired NXT Adrian Neville by getting Neville so determined to pay Owens back for Sami, that he came to fight instead of coming to fly. And then he died on the apron.

He convinced Finn Balor to fight him for the NXT Title...at half power, without using The Demon to power up.

Just for jollies, he mocked Alex Riley, "Raging" him up, just so he could humiliate him without giving even 50% effort.

The guy that showed up at Elimination Chamber, throwing superkicks like a Young Buck (or Dolph Ziggler), doing sentons like Sin Cara, emptying his entire playbook in his debut match, trading finisher kickouts to protect fucking John Cena (who's going to job to him clean anyway)? Who the fuck was that, because that wasn't Kevin Owens? It's a discredit to Owens and Cena's ability to tell a story that everyone is patting them on the back and praising this match, especially with them announcing a rematch (What is there to prove left for Owens after this?), all they have done is painted them into the very corner that you just brought up: How do they follow this up without ruining Owens or damaging Cena?

It was the wrong match to put on, no matter how well they executed it
He got into The head of Zayn, Neviile, Balor, and Riley. Are you telling me that after last night and heading into money in the bank, Owens is not now in Cena's head? Did he not go out there to Humiliate Cena like he Humiliated the others?

I thought the Kevin Owens Character was the guy who was picked last in Line. He has been doing this for 15 years and watched as everyone got called up before hm. Of course he has so much pride that he is unwilling to admit he has a chip on his shoulder, so he tells everyone that he is doing this for his family.

When he fought Zyne for the title, he beat on him until he could no longer continue, he won by KO. Now,with Cena, he has shown the world what he is truly capableof.

So, Owens will pull out everything ONLY when he NEEDS to.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:13 pm

He got in the heads of all of the other four before he ever stepped in the ring with them. The matches were all anti-climaxes: The man was beaten between his ears before Kevin Owens ever had to wrestle them.

That was the beauty of Kevin Owens and the FIGHT OWENS FIGHT mantra. When he says he will fight anyone, anywhere...in the ring, it's a lie. He didn't fight anybody in the ring.

Where he fought you was on the landscape of your own mind. And he was a master tactician at that...and last night's match undid a lot of that magic for me. They've obviously got a gameplan for Owens so I'll wait to see what's next. For the first time in a while though, I can't even imagine the possibilities, however right or wrong, of where they might go next with this

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:20 pm

And isn't that better than everything being so damn predictable?

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:34 pm

meta wrote:Yeah...fuck this shit. Getting so sick of the constant shenanigans. There is nothing compelling about world title matches anymore. It's not "will" there be bullshit, but "what" bullshit will they come up with this time.
Well, when you have a 4-on-1 advantage every match, why the hell would you ever fight fair. The entire point of Seh as champion is to be a prick who could win on his own, but takes every damn shortcut and handout he can. He's not supposed to be a bad ass heel, fighting off all comers. He's not some honorable guy. He's a lying, manipulative piece of shit who skates by based on who he knows. The payoff is going to be when his stupid shit stops working, and he HAS to fight fair. When his safety net has been neutralized. Once that's gone, and he's all alone, that's when he's gonna get his.

Gotta leave the character room to grow over the years. If we have him go through all his character possibilities (from say, sniviling coward to kickass heel) now, where does that leave him to go 1, 2, or 5 years from now?

Point is, you're supposed to hate Rollins for getting away with bullshit stuff. It's how he's been built since he joined the Authority. When he gets blown out of a cannon, it's be cathartic.

Aftermath
Mid Carder

Post by Aftermath » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Last edited by Aftermath on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Jama7301 wrote:
meta wrote:Yeah...fuck this shit. Getting so sick of the constant shenanigans. There is nothing compelling about world title matches anymore. It's not "will" there be bullshit, but "what" bullshit will they come up with this time.
Well, when you have a 4-on-1 advantage every match, why the hell would you ever fight fair. The entire point of Seh as champion is to be a prick who could win on his own, but takes every damn shortcut and handout he can. He's not supposed to be a bad ass heel, fighting off all comers. He's not some honorable guy. He's a lying, manipulative piece of shit who skates by based on who he knows. The payoff is going to be when his stupid shit stops working, and he HAS to fight fair. When his safety net has been neutralized. Once that's gone, and he's all alone, that's when he's gonna get his.

Gotta leave the character room to grow over the years. If we have him go through all his character possibilities (from say, sniviling coward to kickass heel) now, where does that leave him to go 1, 2, or 5 years from now?

Point is, you're supposed to hate Rollins for getting away with bullshit stuff. It's how he's been built since he joined the Authority. When he gets blown out of a cannon, it's be cathartic.
Which is to say, that feeling you have meta is the EXACT feeling you're supposed to have. You should be tired of it. You should be desperate for someone to murder Seth Rollins dead.

Oh...Paul Heyman is going to be on Raw tonight? And he advocates for a certain Beast, I hear? Hmmm....

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Like Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, Freddy Kruger, and so many other horror movie killers, it was not if Brock Lesnar would return but when and who is he going to mmurder when he comes back.

Aftermath
Mid Carder

Post by Aftermath » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:03 pm

GooberBM wrote: The guy that showed up at Elimination Chamber, throwing superkicks like a Young Buck (or Dolph Ziggler), doing sentons like Sin Cara, emptying his entire playbook in his debut match, trading finisher kickouts to protect fucking John Cena (who's going to job to him clean anyway)? Who the fuck was that, because that wasn't Kevin Owens?
You need to re watch Zayn vs Owens at NXT Takeover Rival.

Owens was doing everything in his playbook, he did use super kicks and top rope setons.

The story going into the match was that Zayn was twisted inside but the match itself was a clinic after the first few minutes of Owens Stalling.

Hell even Zayn was kicking out of all the moves Owens was putting on him. The only difference here is Cena is bigger than Zayn. But yeah re watch that full match from Rival.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:23 pm

I am picturing Owens being a combo of Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar. Being a complete scumbag and calculating like Rollins and then being a beast when its go time like Lesnar.

Aftermath
Mid Carder

Post by Aftermath » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:45 pm

He's Kevin Owens outside the ring and Kevin Steen inside the ring.

All the psychological stuff mentioned happened weeks in the build up not in the actual matches themselves.

Betraying Sammy Zayn, getting Balor to not show up as the demon, getting Neville to seek revenge, getting Riley to give up commentating to become an active wrestler.

These things happened in the weeks leading up to the matches. The matches themselves he constantly pulled things From his playbook and it was a Kevin steen match.

I think the reason people are downing the Cena match is because Owens did nothing psychological leading up to the match.

If Owens caused Cena to lose the U.S. Title last Monday and then put on the same exact match they put on, people would have been more psychologically connected to the match.

It's his opponents emotional reactions in the match, Owens just needs to act cold, I indifferent, and put on a wrestling clinic.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Don't get rilied up Aftermath, I was making a comparison to people we have seen to get a feel of who Owens is. Like Rollins, Owens seems the type to take advantages leading up to and durinf match, whether he needs to or not. Being able to think better than whoever he is going against has been a Rollins staple and Owens seems to have that element to his game.

And he also seems to be able to physically dominate people as well, like one Brock Lesnar. That's why I brought those two up.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:40 pm

How bad was the tag team elimination chamber match or was it clusterf**k one?
I see that all three members of new day was in it to.

I'm glad to hear Ryback won his first ic belt and was his first title he won in wwe.