Is Christian retired now or will he return someday?

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Is Christian retired now or will he return someday?

Post by isrs4life » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:41 pm

I remember the first time Christian broke his ankle he was out for a while
and remember him coming back last year he was good in the ring or will
he return someday I wish it could be this fall hes been out longer then last
time did he brake his ankle again or was it something else on his body?

SCXiao
Rookie

Re: Is Christian retired now or will he return someday?

Post by SCXiao » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:45 pm

No
ImageImageImage

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Christian has officially retired.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:16 pm

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:55 pm

He announced his retirement on RAW, so maybe he has Ric Flair syndrome?

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:25 pm

No he didn't. Michael Cole did on commentary. Christian never announced his retirement on RAW.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Christian's in the stages of grief. He's career has been stalled for years. It's time to give up the dragon and take a cushy road agent/legends contract

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:58 pm

I've been on one of the fan made christian web sites thats dedicated for him
and no mention of if he'll return or not.

I'm guessing its his ankle for reasons why he is not wrestling much anymore.

I remember when I broke my ankle I was playing bantum hockey for a 4th
season when I was a teenager and I played one game and I did not wanna
skate anymore because my ankle felt funny.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Christian is retired, Isrs. The man has had one concussion too many, he's done. No amount of fan sites that say nothing about it or Uproxx articles quoting random fans who asked him as much at Bingo events are going to change that. You don't fuck around with concussions. After the first, it becomes so much easier to have another. It keeps getting easier to re-injure yourself and it doesn't go away.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:16 am

He has never announced his retirement. So I don't know why you are assuming he has done so.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:11 am

Christian would make a good manager/ mouthpiece for a tag team or a stable. He has charisma and can work the mic so if he did decide to give up the ring he still has a good fall back.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:19 pm

Red_And_Yellow wrote:He has never announced his retirement. So I don't know why you are assuming he has done so.
I don't know why you think one article sourcing Christian working a fan at a Bingo event is to be taken as fact.

Look, there doesn't have to be a big pomp and circumstance retirement announcement every time a wrestler hangs up the boots. Yes, they had it for Edge, but perhaps Christian didn't want that or wasn't offered that. Perhaps he wanted to just go quietly into the night without any fanfare. Perhaps he's holding off to do his retirement spiel in Ontario when either the WWE are there or for an indy promotion there, considering that's where he got his start. The fact remains that WWE obviously had reason to believe he's retired or they wouldn't have their commentators saying so. If they thought he was healthy to work, they'd have him working. But between the results of medical testing or by his own mouth, they believed him retired to the point that whoever was in the Gorilla position barking at Cole and Lawler on the headsets that night told them to say he was retired.

Christian is 41, with a pile of concussions under his belt, recurring post concussion syndrome and he's a father now. Just like Ted Dibiase Sr. and Edge before him, one wrong bump could kill him, he's not going to fuck that up with a wife and kid depending on him now just to work "One more match"

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:15 pm

All I said was he never officially announced his retirement. You are the one assuming he has announced his retirement when he has never done so. The WWE Announce team did and Christian disputed it at a fan event. Given his career, I would think he would've gotten some kind of goodbye or something. He was a very significant member in wrestling and in WWE for over decade.

If it was someone like Zack Ryder, I'd get it. But Christian is a former world champion and was a part of one of the best tag teams in WWE history.

You just keep making assumptions as to how you perceive Christian's career at this moment and are then translating those assumptions to Christian. Maybe Christian wants to work more, and if he does then he should go for it. But he hasn't officially announced his retirement.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Red_And_Yellow wrote:Christian disputed it at a fan event.
He worked a fan at fan event dude. He's a carny, that's what good carnies do. You're smarter than this Red.
Red_And_Yellow wrote:You just keep making assumptions as to how you perceive Christian's career at this moment and are then translating those assumptions to Christian. Maybe Christian wants to work more, and if he does then he should go for it. But he hasn't officially announced his retirement.
What assumptions? That when a man's brain has been rattled so many times that he's plagued by post-concussion syndrome that he can't wrestle anymore? That's not assumptions dude, that's fucking reality.

Come on man, get with it.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:51 pm

More pressing is if WWE says he's retire THEY won't put him in a ring. Not to say he will or won't wrestle again but it would be a waiting game till his WWE contract ends, at best. For now though, if WWE says he's retired, then he is

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor