WWE deletes Hulk Hogan from existence.

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

WWE deletes Hulk Hogan from existence.

Post by Legend_Killer » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:28 am

So apparently all traces of Hulk Hogan has been deleted from WWE.com, including the Alumni section (which Punk is still on) and as a Tough Enough judge. Could be some interesting developments soon.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: WWE deletes Hulk Hogan from existence.

Post by El Canuck » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:19 am

According to the buzz on Twitter, he has said some things that have yet to air, but WWE are getting ahead of the shitstorm and wiping any mention of him from the website and putting a distance between them.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Chrissy Benny Wah
Legend

Post by Chrissy Benny Wah » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:16 am

Orange supremacy, brother!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:13 am

I always feel uncomfortable whenever the solution to try to gain acceptance from the public is deleting someone like they never existed. We don't tend to look back on groups or countries that deleted people from existence very fondly when all is said and done. I'd get it if they wanted to remove him from Tough Enough and release him from his legends deal, plan no future spot with him on TV or spot where he can represent the company in any sort of event. That all makes sense, trying to delete someone from history is a step too far though.

They have no problem holding Austin out as one of their own and he committed domestic violence multiple times.
They have no problem holding Snuka out as one of their own and he likely killed his wife.

I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting but I always feel weird when deleting someone from history is the action a company takes. It's a page right out of North Korea's or Stalin's playbook.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:00 am

WTF did he say for them to try and erase freaking Hulk Hogan from existence?

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:15 am

Apparently there's a nasty, racist tirade on that sex tape Hogan's been fighting over. It's on the main page and I don't care to even copy and paste it. It's disgusting to be quite honest.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:34 am

I just was able to read that after I got off of work. Yeah, I mean its next to impossible for WWE to completely disconnect from Hulk Hogan. He is still the biggest legend in company history, they are about as joined at the hip as you can get. But I do understand why the are putting this distance between them and Hogan.

Also, Stone Cold is about as lucky as one with a big stain on their resume can get. If he did what he did in this age of social media, he'd have been gone faster than you can say what.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:37 am

http://www.wrestleview.com/wwe-news/554 ... st-remarks

I understand them putting distance between themselves and Hogan, that's fair imo. Firing him, removing him from Tough Enough, those things are fine.

Trying to rewrite history is petty and I think almost never acceptable. Taking him down from the HOF page and such is what I disagree with, like, no one rational is going to think less of WWE if they keep Hogan on their HOF page.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:43 am

It's one thing with Benoit, yes he was with WWE for seven years and longer again with WCW and is all over their tape library across WWE, WCW and even ECW, but he was never the face of either of those companies. From '84 to '94 Hulk Hogan was THE MAN in the WWE, without a shadow of a doubt and then again in WCW once the nWo took off. It will be next to impossible for WWE to try to distance themselves from him. They can say they no longer have any dealings with him, but no matter what he does in the rest of his life, he's a major part of their history and they can't make that go away overnight.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:46 am

Even in the case of Benoit, WWE wouldn't have had to do that had they not dedicated an episode of RAW to him after the double murder/suicide. But once that happened, they had that egg on their faces and so decided to make him go away permanently. They would've been better served not jumping to a Chris Benoit tribute show without more knowledge of what occurred there.

Especially when WWE holds themselves out to have a HOF, should probably at least acknowledge the history. Having [redacted] as WWE Champion just is really weird imo.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:52 am

Well I'm glad I got my Wrestlemania Main Event project in, before Hogan matches start mysteriously disappearing from the Network

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:53 am

If they didn't hide Benoit matches, they sure as hell shouldn't be hiding Hogan matches. But what do I know. They may remove the time stamps from them, but they should still be there.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:54 am

So now who is going to make all the Susan G. Komen announcements? I guess Cena will have to do it again.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:57 am

Red_And_Yellow wrote:If they didn't hide Benoit matches, they sure as hell shouldn't be hiding Hogan matches. But what do I know. They may remove the time stamps from them, but they should still be there.
Twas a joke. Pulling Hogan's name and likeness from their free-to-use sites, and removing his merchandise from WWEshop immediately makes perfect sense. But you have to pay to get to the Network and nobody paying for the network is likely to say pull down Hogan matches.

Their reaction isn't about rewriting history, it's about giving Hogan zero positive advertisement that might be misinterpreted as WWE is in any way condoning Hulk Hogan and his alleged comments and beliefs. And yes, this is a pointed and intentional overreaction

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:05 pm

If it's not about rewriting history, then don't remove all semblances of him, even on their page that is dedicated to the history of wrestling. Tell the special interest PC groups to fuck off. It's completely irrational to think WWE would affirm or be supportive of overt racism because they have a Hulk Hogan's profile of his career on WWE.com in their hall of fame section that talks about his career and what he accomplished.

That'd be like saying in the summer there's more murders, and in the summer more people eat ice cream, therefore, the more ice cream people eat, the more murders they commit. Obviously that logic is completely faulty.

If this was the standard applied to every HOFer across every sport, imagine how many HOFers would be removed from each hall? Like, pump the brakes, no need to redact him from history because he said horrible things.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:06 pm

As an invisible black child I am deeply offended by Hogan's racist remarks. I think WWE is in the right to remove him from all company materials.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:07 pm

Right but this is the industry of professional wrestling, in the United States. They never get the benefit of the doubt on anything, ever. So it's better to overreact than underreact when it comes to the court of public opinion

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:16 pm

GooberBM wrote:Right but this is the industry of professional wrestling, in the United States. They never get the benefit of the doubt on anything, ever. So it's better to overreact than underreact when it comes to the court of public opinion
In your opinion, you are probably right they'd catch some heat for it (by irrational SJWs), but if they make stands continuously, they'll eventually come to the point where people won't care about making stands against them or challenging their behavior.

I would just tell them to fuck off, this is the history section of our website. We don't condone what he did, we shouldn't have to say more than that, of course we are appalled by what he said. He's been fired, he's no longer on our TV shows, he is no longer able to go out and represent the company, redacting what he did is redacting history that we can't change. We can acknowledge history without being racially intolerant.

It's like when the NCAA took away Joe Paterno's wins. It was obvious they were going to have to give those back even regarding the horrific nature of what happened at PSU because what was in the Freeh Report never was all that conclusive as to what Joe knew or didn't know and the Grand Jury testimony was the same. NCAA gives Joe his wins back, they catch even more flack for it than they would have had they just kept the wins. This is the road WWE will be down now with this Hulk Hogan thing.

Now, WWE is in a position where they have to go through the mucky waters of deciding when is it going to be okay to acknowledge Hulk Hogan as a historical figure in wrestling. When is it going to be okay? When he dies? In 5 years? 3 years? 1 year?

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:52 pm

Little Jimmy wrote:As an invisible black child I am deeply offended by Hogan's racist remarks. I think WWE is in the right to remove him from all company materials.
You are not black.

Cracker...

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:56 pm

I was just trying to help the minorities feel more comfortable here.