WWE deletes Hulk Hogan from existence.

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Re: WWE deletes Hulk Hogan from existence.

Post by Big slim » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:47 pm

Sucks to say, but next to winning a championship, death is about the best thing that can happen to a controversial/fallen public figure. Look at Elvis, dude died a bloated, washed up, pill popper that people mocked in his later years, but when he died people overlooked what he had became and remembered his talent and the good times. Same thing with Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse. And if we're being honest, it would probably be similar with Bill Cosby.

I'd wager it would be the same with Hogan, as a public we would be heartbroken that a walking and breathing piece of nostalgia is gone and more than likely we would overlook what lead to his fall. However, because Hulk is so attached to the history of WWE, it might not come to that and I'd be willing to bet that, barring he doesn't do something insane like rape or murder, Hulk will be back being mentioned by the WWE within 2-5 years. And he'll probably be brought back within the company shortly after that, maybe have some prominent black current and former WWE superstars wrap their arms around him to show some type of forgiveness and support.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:57 pm

Hogan's biggest problem is the extent to which he rambled about racism. That's like being caught with your dick in your hand. He didn't just drop the "n" bomb, it was so much more.

Over the years several TV personalities and famous figures have suffered public shaming and outcast for making racist remarks. Hogan's best move now would be to apologize, then maybe some sensitivity training or whatever.

To me it sounds like he was just fucking running his mouth, frustrated about his daughter and didn't want her dating a thug or something.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:28 pm

If I were Hogan, I'd come out and do the traditional public apology and then lay low, like insanely low for a long while. That would give people some time to get te freshness of this out of their minds.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:42 pm

At least I still have 2 of hulk hogan's wwe dvd sets i'm keeping those

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:23 pm

isrs: 1 WWE: 0

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:27 pm

That was pretty serious.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:02 am

Anyone think this could benefit Hogan in his lawsuit now that it has caused him serious damages? Lost his WWE contract, public humiliation, he'll probably have a hard time getting endorsement deals and so for for at least a couple of years. It causes a major financial hit. None of that would have happened if not for the leak. Regardless of what he said, it was an intimate, private conversation and his privacy was severely violated and none of it would be if not for Gawker leaking the tape.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:22 am

Who could he sue though?

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:41 pm

I think he means he can put more charges against Gawker due to that.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:42 pm

It's possible it could help him against Gawker if they leaked it. However, if not, he'd almost have to make another claim and Hogan is going to have a tough time going against newspapers/reporters for their conduct anyway through First Amendment protections.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:40 pm

Apparently wwe lost 50 million on the stock exchange yesterday according to some sites.

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:45 pm

According to Forbes, it was $0.63 per share. Now how that translates to $50million? Hell if I know, I don't know stocks.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:22 pm

According to the WSJ, they have approx. 33.24m stocks in circulation. So their estimated loss at $ .63/share is around $20.94m in their stock price. Certainly nowhere near $50m.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

yerktekredneck
Developmental Talent

Post by yerktekredneck » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:22 pm

The additional $30 million or so is probably from losses in projected merchandise sales, endorsements, PR events, lost sponsorship/advertising opportunities, fan defection, etc.; in addition to money that now has to be spent on damage control, alterations to tough enough advertisement, production, and storylines. Basically, lost $2mil on this $3mil on that, just endless smaller costs piling one on top of the other.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:47 pm

That's different though than $50m from the stock exchange.

Though I'd imagine that all the things you mentioned wouldn't account for $30m.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:32 pm

And if you had any questions about why WWE unequivocally walked away from Hogan, he keeps opening his mouth and words vomit out that keep making it worse

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:33 pm

They are missing out on a controversial money spinning idea hulkkkamania robes for the bigot inside you.

Maher
Developmental Talent
Twitter: MaherKorek

Post by Maher » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:04 am

I don't really get it, Maybe because I'm not from the US but didn't Hogan say all these things in a private conversation ?
Don't we all have the right to think and feel about any person or race as we want?
If something is not right or illegal it doesn't mean it will change what's inside a person heart or mind. What we should consider is how a person act and say in public not in private, The confederate flag was considered as a symbol of slavery and we don't see any one judging people who use it now as a racist.

Hogan has no history of treating black or gay people with no respect.
Its a shame that we are talking about Hogan who said bad things in private and not talking about the inquirer or that stupid website who want to show private videos about an old guy having sex.

Stupid WWE should have defended Hogan and let him apologize in an interview on WWE Network and not erase him from the books. They couldn't erase the career or Chris Benoit do they think they can erase the Legend that carried wrestling on his shoulders for decades? Hogan was the WWF and he was WCW and without Hogan what do you have to show on the WWE network?Erase 20 years of main events?
Image Image

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:32 am

If you pre-order wwe2k16 now you can get the new, improved Hulk Hogan downloadable player with alternate white cloak and white pointed hat! You've never wrestled with Hulk Hogan like this before! The Grand Wizard Hulk Hogan character comes with any pre-order in Southern United States. You can also do battle in a special 'Brooke Hogan on a Pole Match', where you can play as Hulk keeping others away from your daughter, or choose to play as Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, and members of The New Day, Mark Henry, The Rock or even go back in time and play as Koko B. Ware, JYD or Butch Reed and try to get past Hulk and get some of Brooke! All diseases are included in the Brooke character as well! Act now!!!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:39 am

Maher wrote:I don't really get it, Maybe because I'm not from the US but didn't Hogan say all these things in a private conversation ?
Don't we all have the right to think and feel about any person or race as we want?
If something is not right or illegal it doesn't mean it will change what's inside a person heart or mind. What we should consider is how a person act and say in public not in private, The confederate flag was considered as a symbol of slavery and we don't see any one judging people who use it now as a racist.

Hogan has no history of treating black or gay people with no respect.
Its a shame that we are talking about Hogan who said bad things in private and not talking about the inquirer or that stupid website who want to show private videos about an old guy having sex.

Stupid WWE should have defended Hogan and let him apologize in an interview on WWE Network and not erase him from the books. They couldn't erase the career or Chris Benoit do they think they can erase the Legend that carried wrestling on his shoulders for decades? Hogan was the WWF and he was WCW and without Hogan what do you have to show on the WWE network?Erase 20 years of main events?
Mate, this is just how it is in the USA. Donald Sterling lost his NBA team and was forced to sell it because of racist things he said during a recorded private conversation when he was always outwardly racist.

I don't even necessarily have a problem with them scrubbing their hands clean of him in the interim. But I agree with you on the treatment of Hogan's history.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.