END THE BRAND SPLIT!/BRING BACK THE BRAND SPLIT!

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

END THE BRAND SPLIT!/BRING BACK THE BRAND SPLIT!

Post by Robmayn » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:00 pm

Something has happened during these last years that made me think about the credibility of wrestling fans.

First of all, I will admit I was a fan of the Brand Split, it gave me more feuds, more matches, more content and gave more time for some storylines to develop and the cross-brand matches were kind of important. I know that due to the roster becoming very very thin the brand split had to go, but many people were against the Brand Split even during times when the roster was even considered to be too big and that's someting they were saying A LOT even in this forum "END THE BRAND SPLIT!/THE BRAND SPLIT IS HURTING THE PRODUCT!/HHH IS HOLDING EVERYONE DOWN!"

Now that the brand split is no more I hear people (not in this forum, but around the interwebz) that the good times were the Brand Split, bring back the Brand Split. And while I do understand that the reason they say this is because Smackdown has become a really stale show, having a brand split today would be horrible, the roster is as thin as Stacy Keibler.

Did people really realized what they were asking for? Or they were just complaining just for the sole reason to complain? Did you guys were against or in favor of the Brand Split?

Oh, and hello.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Re: END THE BRAND SPLIT!/BRING BACK THE BRAND SPLIT!

Post by GooberBM » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi Robmayn!

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Oh hai, Goober!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:23 pm

Nostalgia, I guess? Outside of Smackdown being a Raw replay with bonus tag team matches, I don't see anything about the brand split era that is any better than the way things are now. If WWE wanted SmackDown to be considered as more than a 2 hour replay of Raw, then they'd make it so and promote the fuck out of it as required viewing on Raw. But they don't. They build it as they do because that's clearly what they want out of it.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:58 pm

Heres what I said 6 years ago during one of the last draft of the brand split

This must be like the 6th Time Big Show has been drafted to Smackdown!
and they didn't acknawledge it yet referring to how happy Teddy Long was.

Maher
Developmental Talent
Twitter: MaherKorek

Post by Maher » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:41 am

I didn't have a problem with the brand split.It was clear that RAW was the flagship show and Smackdown was the B show.But as i remember in that period there was a time when Smackdown was the better show when both Benoit and Angle were in the smackdown brand and they had the best feud in wrestling at that time.

What was the problem is splitting the championships between the brands and having 2 World champions and 2 women champions.Call it WWE or World or Divas or Women to me its the World champion and the women champion and having 2 of them in the same company was stupid and made the belts and the title mean less.I was very happy when the kept the split and made a rule that the world champion wrestle at both brands.

I think the smart thing to do is leave RAW a once in a week 3 hours show and give NXT the time slot that Smackdown has.

Now I'm with using a boxing/MMA ranking system with few exceptions for story lines purpose , or at least take every title and split your wrestlers in categories like they used to do in the 80's and 90's.We had IC belt wrestlers who steal the show and we have the World title wrestlers who are story lines driven and the tag teams wrestlers who remain as teams and never considered a future solo wrestlers.
Image Image

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:39 pm

For me, the brand splits best days were from 2002-2004 and then again from about 2008-early 2010. The reseaon is that the brand was marketed and built up as an equal show to Raw. Sure, Raw was the flagship, but Smackdown wasn't built or looked at by the WWE as a B show.

Having Lesnar, Angle, Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, and later on JBL and of course Taker, it felt more like a must see show, and the writing was done better as well. Same thing happened in 2008 to early 2009,with Jericho, Mysterio, Edge, Hardy, an emerging CM Punk, and hell even Morrison added to the show.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:09 pm

2005,06&07 were super cena years at the king of the mountain

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:56 pm

Pretty much a year later of July 2016 and he did get his wish :)