WWE Network Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: WWE Network Thread

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 pm

And for anyone who doesn't get it,

(purposely not embedded)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ZmHCYOgvg
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:55 pm

The Kurt Angle special was pretty brutal. They didn't hold anything back as far as his drug issues, including him admitting to attempting to overdose and failing. They also flatly acknowledged TNA rather than just say Dixie was a former boss of his.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:06 pm

There's really no way around that, he spent eight years with WWE and ten with TNA. You just can't ignore that or skirt around it with careful noun usage. Well, you could, but it would be a lot of effort for nothing. Everyone would know what they were talking about and if they didn't they probably wouldn't be watching a Kurt Angle special anyway. Also, it's not like TNA is competition anymore. WWE acknowledges RoH, after all, and TNA is hovering right about at their mark these days. I couldn't tell you which of the two is the bigger company anymore. Probably RoH? Maybe?

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:35 pm

I'd say RoH is in better shape, credibility wise, than TNA or GFW, so yeah they'd be about even to me.

Yeah, it would've been impossible for them to have Dixie on without having them mention TNA, now that they are GFW they will probably be able or at least more comfortable saying those letters. Could lead to them acknowledging what guys like AJ, Christian, Joe, and R-Truth did during their times with the company.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm

The logic behind it is fine, I'm not arguing against it. The fact that it happened is significant in of itself.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:45 am

The Table for 3 with The Nation of Domination, Mark Henry, Godfather, and Ron Simmons (Rock and D-Lo weren't on) was pretty good. You can tell the respect the guys have for each other and they seemed pretty laid back talking about their days together.

Rock's little prank was also kind of funny.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:57 pm

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:00 am

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Diving into some War Games matches on the Network. 92 was actually pretty entertaining, but those rules are too much. Match was good though.

Moving on to one from 96 with basically the Four Horseman (Flair, Arn, Lex Luger, and Sting) vs the n.W.o.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:39 pm

96 War Games was entertaining because of the Sting and n.W.o. story's going into the match. Not nearly as good as 92 though.

Let's see what 97 has to offer.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:02 pm

WWE really went full force into this Shield reunion as the most recent episodes of Ride Along and Table For 3 both featured The Shield. Both were entertaining, as the three have good chemistry with each other and seem to be genuinely good friends. There have been better Table For 3 episodes though.