Cena out of Wrestlemania.

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

Cena out of Wrestlemania.

Post by Legend_Killer » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:56 pm

http://www.wrestleview.com/wwe-news/573 ... n-thursday

Could be an strange Wrestemania. No Cena, Orton, Rollins and possibly no Bryan (who knows). It will be interesting to see how this will affect attendence and the numbers for this Mania.

meta
Title Contender

Re: Cena out of Wrestlemania.

Post by meta » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:59 pm

Attendence? Really? They could announce the entire roster has the plague and 'Mania would still sell out.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:28 pm

It's already sold out, is it not?

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:25 am

I can see a scenario now where the rock wins the rumble and turns heel in the process turning wm32 into him vs Roman

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:57 am

Mania is not already sold out I believe and Mania didn't sell out last year.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:59 am

I know WWE injuries have been an issue this year, but all the reliance on part timers is biting them on the ass right now.

That said, I wish John a speedy recovery. We will be getting part time John after this I believe.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:05 am

How is their reliance on part timers biting them in the ass when it's the full time guys going down left and right with injury?

They have the part-timers available to fill gaps because of that

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:47 am

It's biting them on the ass because for years they've had part timers take main events for big show after big show who could put guys over into main event spots and they never took that opportunity with guys who could've been elevated.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:51 am

And keep in mind that WWE has put themselves in this position by thinking a star has to look a certain way when the three biggest draws in combat sports over the last few years are featherweights (Floyd and Conor McGregor) and a woman (Rousey). That probably is more relevant than the part timers over full timers.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:00 am

Well, as has been said many many times, "If you don't like the part timers taking your spots, do something about it". You know, the way The Shield kids did. They came in and from day one took their spots and fucking earned it.

Be The New Day and make your gimmick get over and turn it into useful characters.

Be Neville who came into the main roster and shot right into a headlining match at Summerslam, got tagged as the Breakout Star of the Year, and is probably going to have a major slot at Wrestlemania.

Be Kevin Fucking Owens. Fucking asshole.

If people weren't waiting for opportunities to be handed to them, they'd realize the opportunities are right there for them to take. So yeah, hiring unmotivated people is what's biting WWE in the ass, not keeping a roster of part timers in the loop to cover for the gaping holes in their roster because not enough of the guys on the regular roster have what it takes to get over

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:24 am

Seriously, what the hell is in the drinking water at WWE? Did somebody burn down a field of 4 leaf clovers, while breaking a house of mirrors, and then having a pack of black cats run past then, and then stepped under a dozen ladders?

This could be a strange Road to WrestleMania. Hell, with Cena, Orton, and Bryan out, we might get a Kevin Owens main event slot, after all dude is their most over heel. You know Vince has to be wrapping Roman up in soft tissue and pillows just to make sure nothing happens to him.

For real, who is going down next? Is Sasha Banks gonna sneeze wrong and fuck up her collar bone? Is Dean Ambrose gonna dislocate his shoulder by tying his shoes? Is Kevin Owens gonna break his foot leaving the bathroom?

This also throws off what plans they my have had with The Undertaker. More than likely, this is his final Mania and I think we can all agree that they were going to go with Taker/Cena to send him off in a big way, now with Cena out who really is big enough for Taker to face on his possible final show? We've seen him and Lesnar too many times, same goes with Bray Wyatt and Triple H. Kane and Big Show, just no. No disrespect to him, but Sheamus doesn't scream out the guy who faced Taker in his last match. I mean they could take a huge risk and call up someone like Samoa Joe or Finn Balor from NXT, but still would the casual fan (not the almost 365 fan like us, the folks who pop up for the big shows and angles) buy these two relative unknowns facing off with Taker.

WM 32 in Dallas is going to be a strange show.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:48 am

You have to remember, slim, that this particular generation of guys (especially the Indy stars...ESPECIALLY the Indy stars) think that the hard hitting (in the heavyweights), fast paced (in the juniors) Japanese style of the 90s is the greatest wrestling ever...even though the guys who went through that era fell apart (like Kenta Kobashi) or DIED IN THE RING (*waves to Misawa's corpse*). Dynamite Kid and Chris Benoit, for examples, murdered themselves (figuratively and literally, respectively) in large part to their work in Japan. Hideo Itami, Sami Zayn, and Cesaro all have been out this year with shoulder issues. Daniel Bryan had a degenerative nerve issue in his neck/shoulder. Orton was always a bit brittle, but he and Cena are also out with shoulder problems. Seth Rollins' injury is more of a fluke than the others, but the style of wrestling that they do is conducive to a particular range of injury. And that range of injury keeps coming up regularly.

Plus there's a culture of "working through your injuries" that isn't so much about keeping your spot as it is that you're not a real wrestler if you're not banged up. Zayn's shoulder had been shit basically since he joined NXT and he never got it fixed up, then it came off all on it's own. Cesaro admitted he worked most of this year one-armed until he literally HAD to go get it fixed. Kevin Owens put off knee surgery for so long on the indies that there's no cartilage (and I think no ligaments) to fix left, and his being able to pass a physical was the thing that would have kept him out of WWE, not his ability to be a valuable worker. I'm constantly terrified that the next time he goes out there doing crazy flips that this is going to be the time his legs fall apart.

There's nothing in the water. It's a product of the worker's mentality and how they wrestle, it's as simple as that. That's why on Breaking Ground you can see the trainers very clearly drilling into the workers "If you think something's wrong with your body, say something." You fall apart a lot slower if you get maintenance, rather than waiting for your body to explode like a time bomb

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:58 am

Bodies exploding like fireworks

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:14 pm

I just had a vision of the head exploding scene from kingsman when I read that last post.

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:15 pm

That movie is amazing. Wife and I finally saw it last week.