WWE Hall of fame thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
SCXiao
Rookie

Re: WWE Hall of fame thread

Post by SCXiao » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:16 am

Big slim wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:41 pm
...the longest tenured General Manager in WWE history and the man who loves tag team matches (especially with Undertaker and Randy Orton), ..
ImageImageImage

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:00 pm

It's now official, Diamond Dallas Page a.k.a. DDP is going into the Hall of Fame this year!

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Latest Hall Inductee was just announced, it's the first real header scratcher of this class, Beth Phoenix. Not saying she shouldn't go in, dominant champion, was entertaining when paired with Santino, the 2nd woman to ever enter the woman, home girl is qualified; but it just seems oddly soon for her to go in.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:40 pm

The reasoning behind it is simple enough when you think about it and it has less to do with how recent her run was and more to do with the fact that the few women who carried the division in WWE’s history have been pretty much already inducted, without posthumous inductions. You’ve got Moolah, Mae Young, Sherri, (who have since passed on, but were alive at the time of their inductions) Wendi Richter, Trish, Lita, Madusa and Jacqueline.

That group right there pretty much covers women’s wrestling in the WWE from the 80’s right through the Attitude era (I don’t count Sunny in there, as she was a manager). If you want to have at least one woman wrestler inducted every year, there are not many options left without looking at more recent retirees. In fact, outside of Ivory, Leilani Kai, Molly Holly and Bull Nakano I’m drawing a blank on any other potential living inductees from the previous eras and for all we know they all might have been asked and turned it down or were unavailable.

Luna Vachon seems obvious, but that’s posthumous. Who else is there? Rockin’ Robin? Velvet McIntyre? The Jumping Bomb Angels? Akira Hokuto? Does anyone here even known who any of them are?

Even if we count managers as potential inductees when talking about women in wrestling, that only adds Sable and Miss Elizabeth and even one of those requires a posthumous induction.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Chyna is another posthumous inductee.

Maybe this is the year when more than one woman gets added in and we could see another go in.

Curious as to who the celebrity will be this year. Andy Kouffman and Cyndi Laupeer are the only too left that I am stunned haven't gone in yet.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:58 pm

I didn't mention Chyna simply because of her poor personal relations with the WWE prior to her death. Not to say that whoever has control of her estate wouldn't accept an offer, I just don't know that WWE would extend one anytime soon.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 pm

True. Still bummed that they couldn't come together before she died. But that's life.

Didn't mean to be a dick about Beth, good for her. She was a good women's wrestler in the WWE in a time that they were few and far between.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:55 am

I don't think you were a dick at all, Slim. I think it's too soon for her induction too. When I thought about it, and tried to come up with a reason for it, that post was what I came up with.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:25 am

The WWE HOF isn't specifically merit-based, in the traditional sense: That's how Koko B. Ware was in one of the early HOF classes. He absolutely deserves to be in, for being a midcard workhorse throughout the 80s, but that kind of induction is a head scratcher for most people.

Nucks pretty much hit the nail on the head about women's wrestlers and the dearth of options. And they definitely aren't taking two women wrestlers (maybe they fit a manager or a celebrity in there), for that very reason

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:29 pm

It's official!

The Ravishing one is in!

Source: http://www.wrestleview.com/wwe-news/739 ... fame-2017/

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:58 pm

This is one of the few Hall of Fame classes where there isn't really a bad choice. (Phoenix is odd, but that's only because it's so soon, but yeah she is deserving). Nice that Rude is getting Honored.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:07 pm

Can't decide if I'm more excited for Kurt Angle's speech or Jim Cornette's speech.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:15 pm

Pretty cool clip of Triple H and DDP
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:42 pm

I'll have to catch the ceremony later tonight as I have work and some tickets to a comedy show. Hoping for a good speech from Kurt and Cornette.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:45 pm

Fantastic video package for Beth Pheonix

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:12 pm

Beth's Santino story was incredible

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:57 pm

Legitimately thought the picture of Teddy Long was Snoop Dogg.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:35 pm

It's beautiful how visibly happy Kurt looks.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:42 am

Beth's speech was beautiful. The little mini tribute to Edge she gave with Tony Chimel was sweet.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:11 am

Nice speak from Teddy! Glad he's self-aware with the memes of Tag Matches and The Undertaker.