WWE Raw Exclusive Brand PPV's Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Re: WWE Raw Exclusive Brand PPV's Thread

Post by isrs4life » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:36 pm

Yeah Raw just seems to drag on with kevin owens as champion
I prefer watching smackdown more. I havnt missed much smackdowns at all since the draft started!

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:20 pm

My hype levels for Rollins/Owens is non-existent...

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:12 pm

*Crosses fingers*
Please let Owens/Seth open the show
Please let Owens/Seth open the show.

I don't want that hiding in the middle somewhere, waiting to drop on me. If it's not closing, I want it out of the way early.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:20 pm

If the women close the show, I'll be incredibly annoyed. Not that they don't deserve to or aren't capable of doing so, but that they are doing so specifically for the sake of history, as they've built it over the last month. The Foley promo we got last week, why the hell didn't we get that the first mention of this match? Why hasn't this matched been promoted as the closing match?

Ultimately it doesn't matter, especially in the era of the network rather than ppvs, but I can be peeved at things that don't matter.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:31 pm

Nope, rusev and reigns start for the us title off with the first hell in a cell tonight...

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:43 pm

It's been promoted as the main event for like, a week and a half. Foley's promo wasn't their first mention of it.

Also, Rusev/Roman was good fun.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:16 am

"triple main event" doesn't say which is the closing match. There were reports as late as yesterday saying it was undecided if the women would close and only today did dirtsheets claim it was confirmed.

Never got to watch the show properly, don't have any real comments yet other than being suspicious of the early finish of the womens match and then falling for it during the "announcement" of the title change. The crowd didn't give a single shit during the cruiserweight match so I'm glad that the women got some real love and that the crowd didn't shit on them.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:40 am

Why have Charlotte win again .? They could have had Sasha retain she fucking put her all in that match and nearly broke her neck again and once again she gets shit on by one sided booking for Vince's sex toy.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:13 am

I didn't get giving the belt to Charlotte either, homie has talent but it seems way too soon to give it back to her. Plus, who are they going to have her feud with? Aside Bayley, there aren't any other viable face opponents for her to play with.

Sasha vs Nia Jax could've at leat kept us going until they turned Sasha and prepped her for her eventual Mania showdown with a built up Bayley.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:41 am

http://www.wrestleview.com/wwe-news/684 ... mpionship/

Octoner 18th is when it was first annoinced.

Charlotte won because they're investing in her streak. I feel that it's more meaningful for her streak to be broken if she's champ than if she's challenger. With the next PPV being Survivor Series and likely she won't defend her title, her next PPV defence will be in two months. Sasha will probably burn through her rematch before then, or she'll take time off to heal, Charlotte will gloat and brag leading up to Survivor Series, and then Sasha/Charlotte is renewed for whatever comes next.

I don't see Sasha turning heel. She's way too over as a babyface, and who else do they have besides Bayley as a babyface on that division?

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:50 am

So then if Charlotte is a part of team raw women's survivor series match she is going to win to keep her ppv streak intact

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:29 am

Her streak is for title matches. She lost that tag match against Bayley and Sasha earlier this year.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:40 pm

Jama7301 wrote:http://www.wrestleview.com/wwe-news/684 ... mpionship/

Octoner 18th is when it was first annoinced.

I'm nitpicking, but "closing the show" and "main event" haven't necessarily been the same thing in WWE for several years now. The main event opened the most recent Smackdown PPV and for two weeks they have advertised a "triple main event" for Hell in a Cell. It was never established which match would close. As I alluded to, dirtsheet sources (which are fairly accurate) never confirmed anything until the day of the show.

So yes, we knew that the women were a main event, but we also knew the US and Universal title matches were main events too.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Man, I feel hurt...

Nobody post in the raw ppv discussion when theres a ppv the last discussion of one was back at hell in a cell
But I know the ramblin raw discussions good but keep it here for ppvs

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:37 pm

The shows lead in to the pay per views, that's how the programming works. You can't expect people to talk about Raw and not talk about the pay per views that they are ALWAYS building towards. No one asks you to make these threads and you can't demand that people use them just because you decided to made them. If it upsets you that much that no one uses your PPV threads, then stop making PPV threads that clearly no one is asking for or needing.

I have made a bunch of threads on this forum. Some have gotten conversations going and people contributing, like the "Last show you watched" thread and the first "Best of the Best" tournament I held here way back, and sometimes, I've made a dud, like my thread about Orange is the New Black, because there just isn't many viewers of that show here. If no one decides to watch the show and use the thread, whatever, there's nothing I can do about it. I move on. Sitting here complaining about it isn't going to make people want to use this thread, or any other thread you have made that was totally ignored (the entire TNA board springs to mind) that you complained about people not using, in fact, it's going to make them want to use them even less.

Let's use a real world example here. Say you went to the mall. You don't feel like you have to buy one of every single item in the mall just because someone made them, do you? No, you buy the things you need to buy or want to buy. In this example, the Raw thread be like a store in the mall and your threads would be the stores around it. Just because you have a store doesn't mean that people have to go inside and it certainly doesn't mean they have to buy anything, especially if the Raw store already has all the things they need already and you're just selling one thing that the Raw store already sells. If you are outside your store complaining that no one is using your store, that is not going to make people want to go to your store. You have to give them a reason to want to go to your store and "Because I made this store" is not a good reason, because anyone can do that. You have to give people something they want or need that they can't get anywhere else. So, giving them a single thing that the Raw store next door already has (and more besides) is not going to do the trick. Especially not now, when we have so few posters as it is. If you can't do that, then opening the store might not be a very good idea.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Well, Greg told me I could make the raw and smackdown ppv threads as a chain well it hasnt work well smackdowns ppv thread is used more
then raw and both of them are stickied to!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:52 pm

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean that you should. It also doesn't mean that anyone has to use the thing.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:03 am

To be fair, Nucks I did ask isrs to make the exclusive brand PPV threads...mostly to keep from having every single PPV getting it's own thread, but I did.

Just to clarify

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Yeah the only thing i'd discuss about raw is the episode that just happen not about the ppv I know they talk about the matches heading
to the next ppv but it be cool if we just restart doing it here. I dont understand if nobody understands that exclusive meaning for raws only
ppvs but the smackdown ppv thread has hitted off good.

and

Fast Lane is the next ppv coming up for the Raw brand in march discuss it here hopefully

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:49 pm

isrs4life wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:21 pm
Yeah the only thing i'd discuss about raw is the episode that just happen not about the ppv
That's what you prefer to do. It's not what anybody else has to do. If they want to discuss everything going on with Raw, including the PPV's that they always build up to. That's up to each poster. There are not many users on the board as it is anymore and we're losing all but the core group to social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. If someone can keep conversation going in one thread about Raw and their PPV'S that they are always building towards, there is no reason to try to force people to start a new conversation here about one little part of a conversation that is already happening just because you made a new thread.

Stop trying to force it to happen here, participate in the conversations that are already going on and just be happy that we have what we have here these days.