The world of The Miz as a true main eventer!

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

The world of The Miz as a true main eventer!

Post by isrs4life » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Does anyone think that The Miz has done a good job on staying like a former wwe champion and a multi time ic champ
the sad part of it all is that hes doing his big run as the ic champ. And I kind of like the miz tourage.

I remember back at tlc he has had an awesome ladder match with Dolph Ziggler and he won...

coalition77
Hall Of Famer

Re: The world of The Miz as a true main eventer!

Post by coalition77 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:14 pm

I've always liked the Miz. Don't know what it is about cowardly heels, but I find them massively entertaining. He's had some strong work throughout the years, even if his WWE title run was mostly forgettable (Remember Alex Riley? Well, sucks to be you). I am just now getting back into the WWE, and so far have been pleased to see he's still relevant. Not sure if he'll ever get another chance to rise up above his current place on the card, but Gatekeeper to the main event is not a bad spot to find yourself in.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:34 pm

I will not stand by when someone besmirches the not-WM 27 build portion of Miz' WWE title run. His working with Jerry Lawler was off the charts, and him and Cena vs. The Corre for the tag titles is still my favorite match from 2011.

Miz might be the best guy on the roster at elevating lower card guys into positions where they have heat on them and can then go out in the world and see if they can stick. Nobody puts people in a place to succeed like he does

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

coalition77
Hall Of Famer

Post by coalition77 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:59 pm

GooberBM wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:34 pm
I will not stand by when someone besmirches the not-WM 27 build portion of Miz' WWE title run. His working with Jerry Lawler was off the charts, and him and Cena vs. The Corre for the tag titles is still my favorite match from 2011.
To be fair I completely forgot any of this even happened, which I guess slightly proves my point. Not saying that he was a bad champion, I just don't remember anything about his title reign except for the WM 27 stuff and Alex Riley.
GooberBM wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:34 pm
Miz might be the best guy on the roster at elevating lower card guys into positions where they have heat on them and can then go out in the world and see if they can stick. Nobody puts people in a place to succeed like he does
On this, we are both in agreement. I don't remember any point in time during his tenure that he wasn't helping to elevate other talent. Daniel Bryan, John Morrison, even R-Truth all come to mind when speaking about this ability. His current role as the Gatekeeper is fantastic for his skillset.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:19 am

Oh, I'm still just a Miz mark, so any chance I get to sing his praises, I'l take it. No matter how tiny.

And Mizdow. We mustn't forget Mizdow

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:03 pm

GooberBM wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:19 am
Oh, I'm still just a Miz mark, so any chance I get to sing his praises, I'l take it. No matter how tiny.

And Mizdow. We mustn't forget Mizdow
You should check out miz's match against Dolph Ziggler for the ic title in a ladder match from tlc 2016
It was a fun one like I said.