Ric Flair hospitalized

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Ric Flair hospitalized

Post by El Canuck » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:47 pm

As reported on the main page here and many other places:
WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair was hospitalized over the weekend in an unnamed hospital dealing with a heart issue. On Sunday night, Flair’s management team posted the following on Twitter, revealing that Flair was currently in the ICU that fans and friends should begin saying prayers for him.
http://www.wrestleview.com/wwe-news/886 ... ment-team/

Hoping for the best for Naitch.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: Ric Flair hospitalized

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:23 pm

There's a claim that he is in a medically induced coma, related to an infection and alcohol issues

https://twitter.com/jimmyvan74/status/8 ... 9970118657

https://twitter.com/jimmyvan74/status/8 ... 0611947522

Ric Flair is in a medically induced coma and is preparing for surgery ... a rep for the WWE tells TMZ Sports.
The 68-year-old wrestling icon was admitted to the hospital early Saturday morning and the situation has gotten more serious.
We're told Flair is set to undergo a procedure momentarily, though we're not being told what the procedure is ... though Pro Wrestling Sheet is reporting that it's a heart related issue.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Stay strong Naitch!

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Borrowing this from another site

Dave Meltzer has posted an update on Ric Flair in the Wrestling Observer forum. Here is what he wrote:

He’s out of surgery.
It’s good that he’s out of surgery.
It’s still real bad. I had it just told to me in some detail, not exactly identical, but very similar to what happened to my dad. However, his kidneys are functioning which is the main difference and no cancer issues.
Again, Flair has been hospitalized since Saturday with heart-related issues.

Fightful.com owner Jimmy Van reported that Flair has been dealing with a bacterial infection and alcohol related issues. Flair’s heart issues have been well-known for years. In his 2014 autobiography, he wrote:

Through my many years of partying, I also developed something called “alcoholic cardiomyopathy,” a weakening of heart muscles.” He added, I first detected that there was something wrong when my heart began skipping beats. I went to a cardiologist friend who told me that when your heart pumps, it expands to a rubber band. But mine was doing it too much. Initially, I thought that steroids might be responsible, but the doctor dismissed this theory. My heart was fluttering from thirty-five years of hitting it hard.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Glad he pulled through surgery. Here's hoping he gets the rest of the way out of the woods.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Ric Flair remains in critical condition as of last word in a hospital in Atlanta.

Flair underwent colon surgery yesterday to remove a blockage that was the catalyst for a number of different health issues that followed including kidney failure. Those in WWE were made aware that Flair is on kidney dialysis as well. A key is being able to get the kidneys back functioning.

The surgery was considered a success, but as noted there are more issues involved.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:07 pm

Hopefully, this is the beginning of recovery for him.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:51 pm

From his fiancee

“Just want to give an update to my friends and Family as I have been unable to talk on the phone without crying and just feel shocked over events….. I took Ric to the Hospital Friday night with Severe Abdominal pain. From that moment on it all seems like a nightmare…multiple Organ problems. Not to go into too many details I want everyone to know he still needs Prayers as he is still in Critical Condition. And No he did not have Colon Surgery….It was another Surgery! I don’t know how the media comes up with their stories. I have been by his side since Friday and will continue to make sure he is getting the best care possible. Thanks for all of the support and Love.”

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Oh man, poor Ric. If anyone can pull through this, you'd gotta think it would be Naitch. This is a man who survived having his back broken in the late 70's in a plane crash and go on to have one of the most storied careers in the industry. The man is as tough as goddamn nails.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:15 pm

"Happy 2 report @RicFlairNatrBoy is awake, communicating & progressing..but there are complications so needs rest for the 1st time in 40 yrs"

https://twitter.com/legacytalentceo/sta ... 0836606976