WWE Wrestlemania 34 - Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

WWE Wrestlemania 34 - Discussion Thread

Post by isrs4life » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Jeeze wrestlemania is around the corner and no thread up yet whats with you guys...

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: WWE Wrestlemania 34 - Discussion Thread

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Might be the minor details of there still being 2 ppvs before Mania and there being ZERO announced matches for Mania yet. There's literally nothing to discuss.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Oh but the royal rumble winner Shinsuke Nakamura is hoping to face AJ Styles for the wwe championship at Wrestlemania :)
If aj styles wins the fatal 5 way match at Fastlane :!:

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:01 pm

There's still nothing to discuss about the card, but I'm going to be attending Wrestlemania in person this year (as well as NXT and the Hall of Fame) and I'm ridiculously excited. It's been at the top of my bucket list since the moment I got my bucket.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Trying to figure out what will go on the Pre-Show and what may kick the night off. I would for sure say the Women's Battle Royal will be on the Pre-Show, doubly sure with all the controversy surrounding it's original name.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Daniel Bryan!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:58 pm

So Bryan and Shane vs KO and Zayn then?

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:34 am

Most likely. I've been giddy for an entire day now. Now only do I get to experience AJ vs Nakamura (including Wrestlemania calibre entrances), but I'm going to be in an arena full of 80,000 adoring fans when the universally beloved Daniel Bryan makes his in ring return. I could cry with excitement.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Lucky bastard.

The match I'm looking forward to the most is more than likely going to be the Smackdown Tag Titles match. Hopefully it will be a Triple Threat as I think The Usos and New Day both have earned a solid match at Mania. Harper and Rowan add a good chaotic factor to the match as well.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:33 pm

So over the course of the next 7 days I am going to see The Dudleys, Jeff Jarret, Ivory and Goldberg (inducted by Paul Heyman which will be a treat in itself) going into the Hall of Fame. All of these being people I grew up with, especially the Dudleys. I followed Jeff to TNA and got really invested in him as the babyface veteran returning as a broken man after the death of his wife. Seeing him return to WWE after all this time and being a part of that crowd is going to be incredible.

The next night I am going to see the NXT debut of Richochet and EC3 in a multi man ladder match which will debut a new championship. My first time seeing a ladder match in person. I'll also see Garganno vs Ciampa in one of the best told stories of the last decade and the match I'm looking forward to the most. As an afterthought, there will be Black (massive fan) vs Almas which should be a fantastic match by default.

Then I get one of the most stacked Wrestlemania cards ever. I've already talked about being in the crowd for Bryan, AJ and Nakamura. Then there's Kurt Angle back at Wrestlemania as well as Ronda Rousey. Bobby Roode will be glorious. Uso's and the New Day (and annoyingly a third team) in what should be as fantastic as all the other prior matches and with a rumoured stipulation yet to be added. Asuka vs Charlotte should be a good argument for the women main eventing a future Wrestlemania. I'll also probably be deafened by the crowd booing Roman Reigns which will be an experience in of itself, on top of what should be a brutual fight with Lesnar.

All of this is being paid for with what was granted to me after my mother passed away. I'm financially stable enough to have all my bills covered, so the idea of her last thing to me letting me tick off something from my bucket list on what should be the trip of a lifetime is so satisfying. Four days til New Orleans!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:57 pm

I'm pumped for you, Andy! Sounds like it's going to be a hell of a weekend.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:13 pm

That is going to be an incredible thing to experience Andy, happy for you man!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Gotta say, that is a pretty handsome belt. The UK Title is still my favorite recent belt creation, but that ain't not bad.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:43 pm

I think they should change the strap of the wwe championship but if the universal title went to smackdown after the draft this year
it would just turn blue Well I also miss the old eagle designs of the past around the belt.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:03 pm

That has nothing to do with Wrestlemania.

I've landed in New Orleans. I think half my flight from philadelphia are here for Wrestlemania. There is advertising everywhere! Looking forward to sleep and then touristy stuff tomorrow. Hall of fame tomorrow evening

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:21 pm

The Hall of Fame should be a treat to watch. I'll have to catch it early morning tomorrow as I'm working late tonight. I'm looking the most forward to hearing Mark Henry's induction speech.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:12 am

Four hours of speeches, no breaks at all and zero minutes of boredom. What an absolute blast of an evening

ryan7
Mid Carder

Post by ryan7 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:16 am

Christ, it's dead on here.
What happened?

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Social media happened. Facebook, Twitter and Reddit have effectively killed the discussion forum as a means of communication and media delivery.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:00 pm

I blame myself, I'm typically the one who still bothers to watch shows live, but this year I was an asshole and went in person to attend. It was an okay night.