Undertaker

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.

Do you want to see Undertaker gothic again or remain as the American Bad ass

Total votes: 0

RamLp321
Curtain Jerker

Undertaker

Post by RamLp321 » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:19 am

Is it me or did you get the impression that undertaker was coming back as his old phenon gimick. I want to see Paul Heyman or the Rock get pulled up on a cross and get shocked with lightning. I never liked the American Bad Ass gimick. But do you know if he's going to stay as the American Bad Ass or is he going to bo gothic again?

Steven21
Mid Carder

Gothic

Post by Steven21 » Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:02 am

I think Undertakers old look was great i loved it when he acted like nothing hurt him even a chair shot and how he could bounce back up, his prob to old to do that now but he could still pull of the you cant hurt me trick, though i think Undertaker needs to lose some weight!!

Miz

Post by Miz » Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:45 am

The current Undertaker gimmick is stupid, and here's why. If he is supposed to be an "Undertaker" then why does his character have nothing to do with death? At least in the early and mid 90's, the name fit the part. What does a guy riding around on a motorcycle have to do with the afterlife? None of it really seems to fit with the name.

zippybear
Curtain Jerker

Post by zippybear » Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:37 am

I like the bad ass gimmick. I think he is far more intimidating in this current character than he ever was as the gothic version. As for the name, I don't see why they should change it. He is still the Undertaker, even without the costume. We call Terry Bollea "Hulk", and he isn't green.

ZB

Driven
Developmental Talent

Post by Driven » Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:40 pm

I'd like to see him stay the "Bad Ass" character. Then at his last show I'd like to see him go to the "Darkside" Taker and do something cool.

Cobra_R
Title Contender

Post by Cobra_R » Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:43 pm

The bad ass gimmick suits the undertaker now especially with the short hair.

ZeroCorpse
Developmental Talent

Post by ZeroCorpse » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:27 am

I don't like the badass character. It's not very different from who Mark really is!

What I hate most about it is that it gets lost in a sea of other wrestlers who dropped their gimmick to be the "badass" character. I don't want to see guys in street clothes fighting! I want to see characters.

The dead man was a cool character. His no-sell thing was awesome. Now, as the Bad Ass Big Evil Big Dog Blah Blah Blah Undertaker he's just a large, more pissed-off version of Stone Cold.

At least we still have Kane.

Cobra_R
Title Contender

Post by Cobra_R » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:20 am

Kane's gimmick doesn't fit him anymore. He needa a whole new look because the Kane with the mask and fire was the Gothic Kane. I say keep the mask but get a new outfit and ditch the red and black.

YTQ
Rookie

Post by YTQ » Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:43 pm

I don't mind the Badass Character. Sure, it doesn't officially match the Undertaker name, but who cares.

Think about it. How dumb would it be to change his name now? He's so established it would be stupid.
Jeff Jarrett never drew a dime....

ZeroCorpse
Developmental Talent

Post by ZeroCorpse » Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:48 pm

It's just that there are so many badass characters now!

Bill DeMott
"A-Train"
Stone Cold
The Dudley Boyz
Kevin Nash
Scott Steiner
Big Show
Jamie Noble (sort of)
Bradshaw
Ron Simmons
Undertaker

All use a variation on the same gimmick. The "I'm a badass and I don't take no crap" character. The "street clothes tough guy" character.

How about some variation?

Cobra_R
Title Contender

Post by Cobra_R » Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:42 pm

ZeroCorpse wrote:It's just that there are so many badass characters now!

Bill DeMott
"A-Train"
Stone Cold
The Dudley Boyz
Kevin Nash
Scott Steiner
Big Show
Jamie Noble (sort of)
Bradshaw
Ron Simmons
Undertaker

All use a variation on the same gimmick. The "I'm a badass and I don't take no crap" character. The "street clothes tough guy" character.

How about some variation?
Don't forget HHH, he thinks he is another badass

ZeroCorpse
Developmental Talent

Post by ZeroCorpse » Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:50 pm

He thinks... :?

RamLp321
Curtain Jerker

Post by RamLp321 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:31 am

ZeroCorpse wrote:Now, as the Bad Ass Big Evil Big Dog Blah Blah Blah Undertaker he's just a large, more pissed-off version of Stone Cold.
Now thats some funny stuff right there. Lol more pissed off lol.

Seriously though i would cancel everything i was doing thursday night just to watch the undertaker on smackdown. I don't watch Smackdown but i do enjoy watching the really strong neanderthall guy... brock lesner. It's not everyday you see people pick up the big show but it's almost a miracle that he can pick him up and throw him over his head.

Kane needs to go back to lets see..... uh... not talking. He was soo much cooler when he never talked. Now he cuts promos like if he never was gothic. Really disappointing. I want to see him shoot lightning from his hands again. But most of all i just want him (and i take this quote from Y2J) Shut the Hell UP! and to where a mask that covers his whole entire face. I honestly want to slap Kane for what he did at the 10th aniversary special.
"This award belongs to all of us" God i hate people who are so face like that. He should have said this award belongs to me or something. I seriously hate it when the wrestler wins the match and goes out the next day and thanks them for having a great match, unless it's in RVD's case because when he does it it's still rubing it in. Even though the award did belong to all of them he still should've been less kind to everyone. :evil:

Just to let you know that i enjoy the wrestlers who are heel. There are a couple of cases that i don't (HBK, RVD, Undertaker).

Cobra_R
Title Contender

Post by Cobra_R » Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:53 am

LOL next thing you know the WWE might replace Kanes and the Undertakers old gimmicks with Mortal Kombat type of wrestlers.

anarchistxx
Rookie

Post by anarchistxx » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:17 pm

Well the Taker is back in his gothic image- better late than never- and I preferred the american bad ass when he first came in to this squash festing fiasco

Tha619
Rookie

Post by Tha619 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:12 pm

I like him the way he is now. He isn't completely "bad-ass", but the old gothic one was cool too.

ozzy
Developmental Talent

Post by ozzy » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:48 pm

Mark Calloway will never be the old gothic undertaker. He said in an interview with a calgary newspaper that he always "wanted to move forward with his character....not backwards"

That is the reason why his character right now is a mixture of both the gothic undertaker and the bad ass taker.

Although I love the old gothic undertaker,(1998-99) even if he did want to go back to that...i say hell no don't do it. It was great for the time that it was in, that type of angle would not work today. It was designed for the shocking era, and it would not work in the toned down world that the shows are in now.

Matt
Developmental Talent

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:53 am

I prefer gothic. I would prefer either over his look now.

glawrence
Curtain Jerker

Post by glawrence » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:48 am

the original taker gimmick was the best in my opinion.
And thats the bottom line cos §†Øр¢oLÃÂ￾™ says so.