Best RAW in a long time

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.

What was your favorite moment on RAW last night?

Total votes: 0

Mister*ES
Curtain Jerker

Best RAW in a long time

Post by Mister*ES » Tue May 20, 2003 11:01 am

Who else thought last nights RAW was the Best one you've seen in a while? I love the spontaneatey (i know i misspelled it) that was executed during the show.
STONE COLD IS THE FREAKIN' MAN!
But they're were a few imperfections, and redemptions...
1: "Hightlight Reel" - what the hell happened to the response from the fans? I could hear the crickets!
2: I think The Rock should be invovled in getting Christian to turn FACE (a good guy). I think he would get at least some kind of response from crowd.
3: The KANE/RVD vs. Christian/Jehrico match was nice due the spontinaty, but the ring performance (especially Jehrico's) Sucked BIG TIME. But Booker T redeemed the whole match by showing up at the end.
4: Did anyone else notice what Jerry the King Lawlr said about "...getting a stroke..."? It must've been very akward for Jim Ross. It took him about a minute or two for him to collect himself to continue his commentary.
5: You could tell those were REAL tears from FLAIR when HBK showed up with his pep talk. It must've been a very emotional moment for Flair.

STONE COLD IS THE FREAKIN' MAN!!!!!

FozzyRules8
Developmental Talent
Twitter: pageonepaul

Post by FozzyRules8 » Tue May 20, 2003 1:35 pm

I thought Raw was very good last night. The Austin/Bischoff segments were hillarious again, and I loved the Highlight Reel. Jericho and Christian are two of my favorite guys, and I thought their segment was amazing. I was really hoping that Flair would win that match...he put on an excellent performance, and could you imagine the reaction from the crowd if he won.
Everybody's got a price!

Cobra_R
Title Contender

Post by Cobra_R » Tue May 20, 2003 2:09 pm

They messed that match up. Flair should have won when the ref got knocked down Nash should have came out and did a powerbomb on HHH and then when the ref woke back up Flair should have coverd him and won. Then the next week it could have been Nash vs. Flair.

I wonder if Flair would turn face because of last nights match, I mean the pop he got last night would sure be hard to keep him heel.

Lady Blossom
Mid Carder

Post by Lady Blossom » Tue May 20, 2003 3:29 pm

Flair is the freakin' man. He was awesome last night. I would have marked out so freaking much if he would have won that match. Unfortunately.....

Okay! I'm alright with Lance driving the car. And his comment, "I'm from Canada. We drive on the wrong side of the road..." was hillarious. But, darn it. He was squashed in 10 seconds. It was really depressing. On a side note, I can't wait for next week's Highlight Reel. Of course, Chris is going to be squashed to by that big dummy. :roll:

I thought the tag-match was okay. And, the Highlight Reel before it was great. Jericho, and Christian are good. What did you guys think of the new look for Christian? Anybody saw the ppv? What the heck happened to Jericho's face?

I must have missed the "getting a stroke" comment. Can somebody fill me in please?
VOTE TOMAS PLEKANEC FOR THE NHL ALL-STAR GAME!!!

ahmetoezkan

Post by ahmetoezkan » Tue May 20, 2003 5:45 pm

That lance Storm idea sucks. Lance is one of the best in the business and for him to just get beaten like that is stupid. They need to take lance serious and make him a contender for at least the intercontinental or tag team titles. The preview said we'd see Val Venis vs. Stephen Richards whatever happened to that? Rico is getting better, it's way past his time to part his ways with three minute warning. Jericho is still the man and christian's new hair isnt bad. Test and Steiner are getting old. Make the match for the ppv and get it over with. La resistance is cool but the ending to the jericho/christian match sucked. They should have either won the match or lost the match fairly. No creativity. Flair should have won the belt, no doubt about it. Lost it next week to flair, and have HHH and Nash hell in a cell at backlash anyway. This is my first post. Im out

Word life

Savage Mark
Developmental Talent

Post by Savage Mark » Tue May 20, 2003 5:49 pm

I'll vote on Friday when I see Raw, but squashing Lance is rediculous.

Welcome to ahmetoezkan (how the hell am I meant to abbreviate that for speed?)
And most of football's greats have passed through Parkhead's gates,
All to play football the Glasgow Celtic way.

Canadas Greatest heel
Developmental Talent

Post by Canadas Greatest heel » Tue May 20, 2003 5:50 pm

Flair just continues to amaze. If the WWE was ever going to do something to give all of it's suffering fans a nice surprise, last night was the chance. Instead they bent us all over one more time ...........................
It would have been the right thing to do to have that heartless prick drop the title to a man who is 1000 times more deserving. I should have known better...............................

DiBiaseDream

Post by DiBiaseDream » Tue May 20, 2003 7:58 pm

Story wise, last night's Raw was the best I've seen in a LONG time. Match wise, I think it was par for the course, though I will admit that the Flair-HHH match far exceeded my expectations. If anybody thought that Flair could no longer put on a compelling match at his age, I will point out to yesterday's match as proof otherwise. Of course, the only disappointing thing about it was that once again, Helmsley's only really significant offense was his Pedigree, and he still won!

Best Moment: Austin grilling Storm. Lance showed more emotion in that brief five minutes that I have seen in his whole career.

Worst Moment: Great, we have Nash and HHH in a Hell in a Cell. Nowhere for Hunter to go, which is probably good, since I don't think Nash wants to have to hobble after him...

Cobra_R
Title Contender

Post by Cobra_R » Tue May 20, 2003 8:13 pm

Lance has gotten some good chances to become a major player in the WWE like when he taged with Regal, but I guess alot of fans don't take him to be a serious guy in the WWE.

Personally I like Lance to be more of a funny guy then some hard ass.

In order for Lance to be a serious guy in the WWE, he needs to turn face and build that gimmick up to the point where he gets over with the fans and then make him turn heel. Or you can have him pull a boys leg off in a ring, hey it seemed to work for Piper.

Just_Bring_It
Rookie

Post by Just_Bring_It » Tue May 20, 2003 8:57 pm

For the first time in like 3 weeks, I actually watched the WWE. "Raw" was alright last night, but I don't think it was the best. I've seen better than that, especially seeing Goldberg win the match in 10 seconds. :roll: Seriously, can't he have LONGER matches?! No wonder the fans boo'ed him at Backlash.

I changed the channel when Triple H came out, though, and I refused to watch it until he was gone. I'm sorry, but HHH is boring. He repeats the same thing every single week, and not to mention he has the title. :x Basically, the only reason I hate HHH is because he gets too much creative control, and he won't job to anyone! I mean, RVD, Booker T, and maybe even Steiner could have had the title belt.

I definitely think the highlight of the night was the Stone Cold / Bischoff promo...I was actually laughing at that. Austin banging things in Eric's face was hilarious, than bring in the ladies for Bischoff.... :lol: I also thought when Austin went into the "interrogation room", shut the blinds, than suddenly reappeared in the window was so funny...the look on his face just made me crack up. Also really enjoyed when Austin was questioning Lance Storm. Funny stuff.

I'd probably grade "Raw" last night as a B...not bad, but not the best. Hey, did anyone actually vote on wwe.com for the "who tried to run over Goldberg?" question?? I didn't feel like it, but I was sort of shocked when 29% of the people voted that The Rock did it which was the #1 response...I thought most people knew he's in Hollywood right now? :? Anyway, the only thing I could have done without was seeing Bischoff throwing up...and Austin just had to replay that, like *5* times!! As if we didn't see enough already. :lol:

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I also enjoyed Ric Flair's match. Didn't particularly enjoy HHH, but more so Flair. He seemed really emotional last night....is he retiring or something?? Too bad he didn't win the title...but I do think Flair will turn baby face now, because of the response he got last night. Think he's a better face than heel, anyways. :)

-R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero. Thank-you for the memories, you'll NEVER be forgotten. <3

Savage Mark
Developmental Talent

Post by Savage Mark » Tue May 20, 2003 9:24 pm

Flair has been the ultimate heel for the past 20... 25 years. I final face run would be nice, but not right now.

Why is everyone so hung up on HHH? Jesus christ; do you remember Steiner vs. HHH? Steiner was awful. Who saw Judgement Day? Nash was awful. Have you heard RVD's promos? They're monotinous. They're boring. He has no mic skills. Booker T is going to take about another month to get back to full-fitness after his pnemonia problems.

Triple H does have decent matches. In the last 6 months, his match with Booker T was immense, as was his 2-out-of-3 falls match with Shawn Michaels. It's not like he's terrible. The way everyone talks, it's like he doesn't deserve to be a jobber on Heat, never mind the Worlds Champion. To say he never paid his dues is ludicrous. At least he has done that.... unlike some other horrendous talents I could name (Goldberg... ahem).

His last man's standing match with Chris Jericho, the Wrestlemania bout with Undertaker, vs. Kurt Angle.... he does pull out consistant good performances and looking back on his career; there are certainly a few jewels you could watch again and again.

Anyone who thinks that political power is H's motivation for marrying Stephanie McMahon is watching too many soap operas. Things like this just dont happen in front of our eyes. Before he even got involved with Steph, he had already been world champion, part of one of the biggest stables in wrestling history and had given some excellent matches; not only for the world title but for the intercontinental gold too.

Everyone complains about him holding back younger talent. Allow me to cast your mind back about a year or two ago. Do you remember when H was being built up to be an unstopable force with the IC title? He jobbed to Jeff Hardy. This put Jeff over majorly. Who says H isnt about to do this again? Come Summerslam, the next big stage, H may job to another fresh faced youngster with big ideas. But then again, who is there who can match him?

Sting? He's retiring... or just about
Jericho? Perhaps, but he was the first Undisputed Champion. He hardly needs a rub from Levesque.
RVD? Involved in the tag title race with Kane.
Lance Storm? His career was burried last night.
Goldberg? I cannot stand this guy..... and neither can H.
Christian? Undercard goldust. He's needed elsewhere with the IC title.
Booker T? Unlikely, as he was just squashed and sent back to the jungle of the undercard. He's also just out of hospital.

In short, Raw holds nobody who could be seen as a serious contender to HHH.

It's time everyone stopped changing channels every time you hear that infamous intro music start, because posting hate messages here with your eyes wide shut gets you nowhere. If you can stand to watch the likes of three minute warning, you could at least not be so dismissive with HHH. Hey, he's a better champion than the likes of Scott Steiner or Kevin Nash could ever be.

ryanus_maximus
Developmental Talent

Post by ryanus_maximus » Wed May 21, 2003 7:27 am

Flair might be a heel but he still gets a face reaction. And did you hear the crowd just die when HHH hit the pedigree.

Savage Mark
Developmental Talent

Post by Savage Mark » Wed May 21, 2003 6:21 pm

Would this be the crowd in South Carolina? As in the place Flair spent around a decade of his career? Of course the place will fall silent.

Just_Bring_It
Rookie

Post by Just_Bring_It » Wed May 21, 2003 6:58 pm

Savage Mark, I think the main reason why we all dislike HHH, is 'cause he hasn't been jobbing to anyone, since Shawn Michaels, and the other reason why my brother and I always say we can't stand him is because of what he says in interviews. I've read countless interviews on wwe.com, where HHH would say rude things about the fans. I used to like him when he returned last year. You should have seen my reaction when he returned in January to Raw...I believe it was at MSG. But since around KOTR with that match with The Undertaker, last year, I've really just lost interest in him.

Yeah, I'd admit he is a good wrestler and athlete, but his promos *to me* are boring. I just think he could have dropped the title to many different superstars. Most of you (or probably all of you) think Steiner sucks, but honestly, when he first came to the WWE, I thought he was great. And it's obvious the fans still like him...they still do cheer him when he comes out.

RVD & Booker T are two great superstars who should have had the title. I think everyone was upset when Booker T lost to HHH at WM. Yeah, RVD might not have the best mic skills, but he's an awesome athlete. If WWE could give him the right push, he'd be a good top card wrestler.

We all have our difference of opinions on HHH, and I respect them, but my opinion about HHH is probably not going to change...I just don't understand why HHH would drop the title to Goldberg at SummerSlam (from what I've heard, he will), but won't drop the title to guys like Booker T. :?

-R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero. Thank-you for the memories, you'll NEVER be forgotten. <3

Canadas Greatest heel
Developmental Talent

Post by Canadas Greatest heel » Wed May 21, 2003 7:10 pm

It looks like Savage Mark is trying to turn heel. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Savage Mark
Developmental Talent

Post by Savage Mark » Wed May 21, 2003 7:42 pm

I dont do heel turns. I tell it like I see it....