Linked matches game.

Thread games, where a members posts and everyone replies over and over.
Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Re: Linked matches game.

Post by Little Jimmy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:37 pm

What fucking rules? A gauntlet match isn't a fucking battle royal, it's a fucking match. We've listed multi-man tag matches, triple threats, handicapped matches, oh but a fucking 20 man fucking gauntlet man match is just too much for you to handle?

And you calling me a child? Claiming superiority over the game, making the rules up as you go along? Saying "I knew" the reaction it would garner from you? Accusing ME of trolling after it took me 5 minutes to find the match and write the names in?

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Please cease this behaviour at once.

Psicosis vs. Nicho el Millionairo - AAA TripleMania XIII

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:41 pm

Seriously, first it was if we used the same name too soon you'd complain about it, now if you use the wrong match type you will insult us by reposting the same match and ignoring our efforts. The game is supposed to be fun, man, not you going over people's heads and being a dick about it. Sorry we're all not as smart as you are, some of us just make the effort to have fun and aren't viewing it as a contest.

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Psicosis vs Kazarian, Sonjay Dutt, Puma, L.A Park, Jerrelle Clark, Miyamoto, Michael Shane, Hector Garza,
Nosawa, Mikey Batts, Alex Shelley, Matt Sydal, Sonny Siaki, Jason Cross, Shark Boy, D-Ray 3000, Amazing Red, Spanky and Chris Sabin; 20-man X-Division Gauntlet match; TNA Victory Road 2004

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Please cease this behaviour at once.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:49 pm

You sound like an old lady, "please cease this behavior at once"

It's you stalling the game, bro. I made a valid submission and no rules were written against it. You decided it wasn't good enough. I see no reason to run the game like a dictator.

My last submission is the one to go by, you've got 19 people to choose from.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Wikipedia.org wrote:The first match at Victory Road to air live on PPV was a twenty-man Gauntlet match, consisting of wrestlers who compete in TNA's X Division. In this particular match, wrestlers were eliminated by being thrown over the top rope and down to the floor until there were two left in the ring.
This is a battle royal, you know this. The spirit of the game is to have two sides, one the previous person's pick and the next the other person's side. We've had matches with up to three sides, but it's not a regular entry in the game. You used a battle royal knowing it would derail the regular flow of the game, this was a conscious decision on your part, this is the last I'm saying on the matter. Further behaviour will be ignored. I ask you again, grown adult to grown adult, please stop this.

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:07 pm

From grown man to grown man,

1) I didn't see the match, I just assumed there were pinfalls

2) You are being unfair by making wild accusations like I "knew" it would derail the game. I like the game and spent several minutes writing in the names and finding the right character to use, after you used a name he wasn't even using for the match you listed, which derailed it enough as it is.

3) I went through the thread and didn't find anything about Battle Royals, you just made that up, thwarted my match, insulted me, and dictated a new rule to the game.

If you want to go that way going forward, fine, I still made a valid submission and i think you need to show me some respect by honoring it. The new rule you listed can be used after this. You can't base the game on things like "i knew how you would react", no, I didn't or else I wouldn't have written all the names and put in the effort.

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:32 pm

1. Nobody owns a thread, no matter if they create it or not. They're all community projects.
  2. Game rules can evolve over time, by consensus of the players. After I'd submitted a battle royal earlier in the game, Nucks had protested, and I agreed that they would be disallowed. Since we only have 3 regular players, that's a majority right there, so it's fair to call it a rule.
  3. That said, if it wasn't stated at the beginning, it shouldn't be assumed that people are aware of these new rules, unless they had taken part in them being established, which Jimmy hadn't, in this case.
  4. It's become entirely too common on these forums for people (not just Nucks) to quickly accuse others (not just Jimmy) of trolling, and all it does is lead to fights, as the accused become defensive. Trolling can certainly be damaging to the community, but the overuse of the word can cause just as much damage.
  5. Neither of you have attempted to reconcile your differences, de-escalate the situation, or work towards a peaceful solution, and I'd like to make it clear that *THAT* is why this thread is now...
  6. LOCKED
Little Jimmy wins, just deal with it. :x

PS. One report will suffice in these sorts of situations. Reporting every single post just creates more work for both you and I, without in any way making the situation more urgent.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor