The Ask Evan A Question Thread

Thread games, where a members posts and everyone replies over and over.
El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: The Ask Evan A Question Thread

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Do the Golden Globe awards merit any attention from you?

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Not really, they're midly inoffensive I guess. It seems like a very politicked show because only about 100 people vote on it compared to the thousands that vote for the Oscars.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:04 pm

Why do you ask?

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:10 pm

They're on TV tonight, if I'm not mistaken.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:35 pm

The only awards show I think are even remotely credible are the Oscars. Even they have to be taken with a plate of salt at times considering some of the choices they make.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:38 pm

Would you be interested in knowing I just walked out of the end of The Force Awakens?

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Indeed, I would.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:28 am

Any particular upcoming films in 2016 that you're overly excited to see?

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:55 am

Bourne 5

Star Wars: Rogue One.

Assassin's Creed

The Girl on the Train

The Great Wall

The Accountant

Passengers

Deadpool

The Suicide Squad......I guess.

BvS.......I suppose.

Not sure about X-Men Apocalypse after that trailer.

I would be interested in Star Trek Beyond but J.J. Abrams has pretty much disowned his involvement and put it out to pasture. Simon Pegg is writing it too which doesn't help.

I'll see a ton things surely. What I'm overwhelmingly excited for? Practically nothing. I'll get my SW fix from Rogue One but it's more of a sideshow really. Assassin's Creed has real potential but that's a big wait and see. Hopefully, there'll be some good surprises.

Just give me Episode VIII like yesterday is the take away really. Obviously I know Lucasfilm can't churn out great films at the click of a finger. I'm more than happy to wait.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:24 pm

Is there a specific movie, moment, or person who sparked your love of cinema?

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:17 am

Hard to pinpoint any specifics. However, I do remember seeing a Clockwork Orange at a friends house a number of years ago and being knocked out by it. I knew what I was watching was something special. It's moments like that ignited my love of cinema. I just wanted to seek out new experiences from a number of different sources.

Something else I can cite is that when I was younger every Saturday after dinner RTE One would always put a movie. Most of them were forgettable garbage but every once in a while they would put on Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park or Star Wars. Not only legendary staples of action adventure but also deleriously enjoyable but masterfully crafter films in their own right. It was magic. I had no idea how they did it. For the most part I still don't. Part of me is always chasing that feeling.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:05 am

Noticed a few howling typos in my original post so here's a correction.

*It's hard to pinpoint any specifics. However, I do remember seeing a Clockwork Orange at a friends house a number of years ago and being knocked out by it. I knew what I was watching was something special. It's moments like that ignited my love of cinema. I just wanted to seek out new experiences from a number of different sources.

Something else I can cite is that when I was younger every Saturday after dinner RTE One would always put a movie. Most of them were forgettable garbage but every once in a while they would put on Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park or Star Wars. Not only legendary hallmarks of action adventure but also deliriously enjoyable and masterfully crafted films in their own right. It was magic. I had no idea how they did it. For the most part, I still don't. Part of me is always chasing that feeling.

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:20 pm

If Carol doesn't win any Oscars are you going to have a hipster tantrum and post some big spiel about it somewhere?

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:22 am

Incorrect, I will be posting a considered and thoughtful response. Considering it should win outright for costume design and cinematography and probably won't because of bigger films I don't see what the use in trying to make a reasonable case against The Academy. It's fairly self-explanatory, they don't take their position's seriously enough to give Carol the consideration or appreciation it deserves and are too easily influenced by outside factors.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:58 pm

I notice that you joined this forum a year and a half before Tamer did. What was it that initially intrigued you with this place to join and how did you convince Tamer to join after?

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:06 pm

Tamer and I joined the forum at different times for different reasons I think.

We were fairly active podcast listeners on Wrestleview, signed up for their VIP area and for some reason decided to hang around at various points. I remember reading the forum quite a lot and being active from time to time but it wasn't until I properly joined the count did I become part of the furniture.

To answer your question, though, Tamer and I have very different origin stories when it comes to the forum. If anything, he's a bigger reason why I'm being such a regular poster.

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:38 pm

If you saw a hot lady sitting alone at the bar, would you sit next to her and buy her a drink?

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:45 pm

Depends on if she's with someone or finishing up her drink. I would ask her about if she was with anyone before buying her a drink if she's finishing up her current one. Then again a girl like that is unlikely to be in such a situation.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:49 pm

Wait, so you're saying that you and Tamer never knew one another prior to him joining the forum?

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:52 pm

No, I'm saying that our forum related activity purely co-incidental. We rarely talked about stuff that has been happening on here since I joined the numbers game. I've knew Tamer many years before joining the forum.