Surgeries

Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
Crow013
Mid Carder

Surgeries

Post by Crow013 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:44 pm

Have any of you had any surgeries, major or minor, or are you as clean as a whistle when it comes to number of visits to the ER? I have a pretty big surgery coming up, although my surgeon says it is minor. Closing up a hole that is on my stomach, that I have had since they put a g-tube in me. It was taken out recently so they are closing it manually.

EDIT: My friend had a dream where I died sue to complications in the surgery, so if someone comes on here saying I am dead, believe them. I wouldn't betray you guys. This is my digital home.
Last edited by Crow013 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This thread lost me when Crow said he respects DD's balls.
I'm Batman.

LondonChick62
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: lacarrington1

Re: Surgeries

Post by LondonChick62 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:13 pm

I've had my wisdom teeth out, a minor surgical procedure done to my right foot about ten years ago, my appendix out in September 2005, and lap band surgery in March 2007.

Crow013
Mid Carder

Post by Crow013 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:15 pm

That is almost as many as me.
I'm Batman.

ScToTeE
Mid Carder

Post by ScToTeE » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm

I haven't had any operations whatsoever thus far, but that will change by the year's end. Wisdom teeth need to be yanked, root canal therapy for a dead tooth needs to be performed (is that an operation, I presume it is?) ... Not looking forward to it at all, but I'm a big boy. :rock:

Good luck Crow013. Seeing as this is my virtual home too, I would be deeply saddened if your life is claimed by this operation.

Aussie_Wolf
Mid Carder

Post by Aussie_Wolf » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Just the odd knee clean-ups, and I recently got gelded as well. So all mino, but me balls hurt for a while after.

Crow, you will be ok!
SHHH! Quiet! You might piss somebody off!

PastorofMuppets
Mid Carder

Post by PastorofMuppets » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:58 pm

i was run over by a large tractor pulled mower deck when i was 8
it was a bonafide miracle that I didnt have a broken back from the massive 6 foot tall tire that ran right over the small of my back. I had over 200 stiches in that leg and nearly lost it at the knee if it werent for a highly skilled surgeon and God protecting me. My other leg had the foot cut in half length wise to about the middle.

i am completely healed and have full motion now

since im sure someone will ask

i was talking to my dads friend who was driving
and the clutch slipped and it went into gear as I was standing next to the big tire

The unit died while the deck was on my legs. the guy somehow picked up the deck and I crawled out using my forearms and was taking to the hospital by ambulance. i was there for a week and nearly flunked the 2nd grade because the dicks wouldnt play nice about letting me catch up on all the missed assignments.

PastorofMuppets
Mid Carder

Post by PastorofMuppets » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:00 pm

Crow013 wrote:Have any of you had any surgeries, major or minor, or are you as clean as a whistle when it comes to number of visits to the ER? I have a pretty big surgery coming up, although my surgeon says it is minor. Closing up a hole that is on my stomach, that I have had since they put a g-tube in me. It was taken out recently so they are closing it manually.

EDIT: My friend had a dream where I died sue to complications in the surgery, so if someone comes on here saying I am dead, believe them. I wouldn't betray you guys. This is my digital home.
that sux dude. Please dont die.
Please Live and prosper

ScToTeE
Mid Carder

Post by ScToTeE » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:23 pm

PastorofMuppets wrote:i was there for a week and nearly flunked the 2nd grade because the dicks wouldnt play nice about letting me catch up on all the missed assignments.
You were ran over by a freaking tractor, and had mangled feet and whatnot. How the hell did they think you were going to complete assignments?! Honestly, some people are morons ...

Crow013
Mid Carder

Post by Crow013 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:29 pm

^^^

I had a thing like that once, back in freshman year of highschool, January '07, when I almost died I missed my midterms. I made them all up except my algebra I honors midterm, this was because my teacher never talked to me about, he never said anything to me. So at the end of the year, I am surprised to find out that I failed the course, I go and take a double-check at my report card and I see there is no midterm grade, my mom calls the school and gets in touch with the teacher, the teacher says I should have come to him. It was like, dude, I almost died, you excpect me to come right to you, not even knowing what I am doing in any of my classes. Eventually though, I took the midterm over the summer and passed the course.
I'm Batman.

ScToTeE
Mid Carder

Post by ScToTeE » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:29 am

My girlfriend had issues with her appendix during the School Certificate exams in Year 10 ... She had a medical certificate and got the average grade for each of her classes. Kind of lucky in a way, because she isn't exactly Einstein bless her heart. Nevertheless, she achieved 'marks' in her English, Maths and Science exams that she honestly didn't think she'd get for undertaking the tests in person ...

The Professional
Title Contender
Location: Currently residing in Lossiemouth, Moray (Scotland)

Post by The Professional » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:17 pm

After suffering from Crohn's Disease for two years, I had an operation to remove a section of my small intestine, the main risks being that 1) it might not work (i.e. the disease might come back) and 2) I might suffer from something called 'Gall Bile Diarrhoea' (I won't go into the details) for the rest of my life.

Fortunately, nearly three years later, none of those things have happened. That being said, the fact that I had the operation in sixth year (the last year of High School for those unfamiliar with the Scots education system) played merry hell with my schoolwork (as had constant visits to the Doctor and visits/stays in hospital the year before when they were trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me).
foleyisgood wrote:^^Aha, I see you've returned to spread peace and love throughout the forums!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~theprofessional

getwarped
Rookie

Post by getwarped » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:29 pm

Hernia and ear surgeries when I was a child. Nerve damage in my ears have resulted in a slight loss of hearing.

Crow013
Mid Carder

Post by Crow013 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:53 pm

When I was young (baby) I had a surgery to make an esophagus out of a piece of my small intestine because I was born without an esophagus. While doing that, I think they might have hit my larynx or something, because all my friends tell me how I sound like I have been smoking for years and I have never smoked. EVER. I don't like the smell or anything like that, it just seems icky to me. (not to bash anyone who does.) When I get the money, I am going to get a lot of stuff checked out on me, so I guess I'll see, but until then.....
I'm Batman.

Ironclaw
Mid Carder

Post by Ironclaw » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:54 am

I was very skeptical about posting on here since I have never had any definite surgical procedures done. I hope I don't jinx myself. As if I believe in that stuff.

Well if you consider two gold caps from the dentist office a surgical procedure. Probably not. Things have been uncomplicated so far, but the wisdom teeth are on the verge of exiting my mouth pretty soon.

stonecoldnimrod
Twitter: stonecoldnimrod

Post by stonecoldnimrod » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:14 pm

i've had a root canal a month ago, but other than that i haven't gone under the knife... yet. i have a broken nose but i'm not goin to get it fixed unless i sign a contract with the wwe. if i get accepted in wrasslin school then i should look forward to meeting some doctors. ... and some sexy nurses too!!!
facebook.com/houstonwrestlingradio

Crow013
Mid Carder

Post by Crow013 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:33 pm

I
AM
ALIVE!!!!!!!

but god damm, i am in pain
I'm Batman.

ScToTeE
Mid Carder

Post by ScToTeE » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:37 pm

Glad to hear you made it through, buddy.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:56 am

I think this was the thread I was looking for well here is a story I wanted to reveal to u guys
about my Father in his 20s

My father had gotten in a bad accident while doing carpentry one time when he was in his 20s
and he lost his hand and now he has this weird looking hand that they accually took out from
his stomach accually sometimes I forget about the hand as almost as if I was use to it.

Of course my parents are divorced but he has to wear a different glove during the winter time.

Doug_Lackey

Post by Doug_Lackey » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:06 am

In my 2nd semester in college, I was riding my bike through campus, leaving class and heading for the dorms. At an intersection, some idiots in his car was not paying attention and didn't stop at the stop sign. My left knee was sandwiched between my bike frame and the car bumper.

Fluid had built up on the right side of the knee and was drained. I have a cracked kneecap but it is not terribly severe. I still walk, run, and be active without any complications or pain. If I bend it inward as far as it can go, you can see the cracks in the bone. I also cannot feel anything on that right side of the knee... my friends, immature as they were, took a lighter and singed my leg hair to see if I would react. All that did was fill the room with a stench...

The only real complication from this accident is that if I am on my knees on a hard surface, I cannot put any pressure on that left knee. It is a pain that I just cannot describe.
ImageImageImage
*********EMOTING: SKILL OF THE SAVIOR... YOU'RE WELCOME*********

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Knee pain is something I'm all too familiar with, being on my knees for more than a minute without some sort of knee protection is agony for me, so believe me, I feel for ya Lackey. Price I paid for following my dreams I suppose, I have no one to blame for my deteriorated knees but myself for being a wrestler.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!