WWE '12?

Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
BioticZombie
Legend

WWE '12?

Post by BioticZombie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Recently, THQ announced the new installation of the WWE Smackdown vs. Raw Series. However, they're happening to reinvent the series, even by renaming it "WWE '12" from now on.

They're also adding the "Predator" animation engine. This engine allows players to interrupt a move by using attacks. Kinky, huh?

I'm never a fan of change, but this sounds somewhat exciting. Although, I could do without the tacky Orton video game art.

Your thoughts/expectations?
Image Image

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: WWE '12?

Post by El Canuck » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:14 pm

Despite their claims that this is new and revolutionary, the predator engine was a staple of WWE's GameCube line of games, from WrestleMania X8 to Day of Reckoning 2, it baffled me that it was omitted from the PS2 Counterparts of it's time as it was a great system. , it wasn't in the X-Box games either, but thats a whole other can of worms.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Slayer23
VIP Member

Post by Slayer23 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 pm

What exactly is the Predator engine? And how will it change the game?

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Easily explained:

In SVR in a triple threat match, for example, if Wrestler A does a powerbomb on Wrestler B Wrestler C has to wait until the move is completed before he can attack either other wrestler.

in Day of Reckoning, same example, Wrestler C can throw a strike causing Wrestler A to drop B mid move allowing Wrestler C to go on the attack. Comes in handy in tag matches say if you're in a tag match and your partner is about to get an Attitude adjustment you can make the save. There's no static move cancellation action, you hit a guy mid move he'll drop the other guy flat. It made the GameCube games almost a whole other breed based on that alone, if you were in a Tornado tag match you had a job trying to get a strong grapple off without being stopped.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Crow013
Mid Carder

Post by Crow013 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Another advertised change is that they have a new submission system, the pin system is the same, but different, and no more Right Analog Stick grapples (which actually saddens me). Right stick grapples made it easier for me to play, and I feel moving back to the face buttons will only make it a more difficult gameplay experience.

Oooooohhh, almost forgot. Say if Cena goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle and your guy is on the one side of the ring, your guy won't spam into the middle of the ring like in past games. Your guy will stay where he was laying and the move will go fluidly.
This thread lost me when Crow said he respects DD's balls.
I'm Batman.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Right Analog Grapples were great, hopefully they'll keep it as an option.

Glad they're getting rid of that spamming issue, that looked akward in matches like tag's or fatal four's where the Camera stayed pretty much static.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

WWE 12 Roster announced.

Post by El Canuck » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:22 pm

There's been speculation as to who's on the roster for WWE '12, and a slew of names have already been released, they are as follows:

Legend:
WWE Video Game debut
Recently released from WWE
Legend/Hall of Famer
Diva

The List thus far:

Alberto Del Rio
Alex Riley
Christian
John Cena
Kelly Kelly
Layla
Maryse
Natalya

R-Truth
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
The Miz
The Undertaker
Wade Barrett
Zack Ryder
CM Punk
The Rock
Triple H
David Otunga
Sheamus
John Morrison
Ted Dibiase Jr.
Mark Henry
William Regal
Husky Harris
Daniel Bryan

Tyson Kidd
Vladimir Kozlov
Santino Marella
Evan Bourne
Goldust
Mason Ryan
Michael McGillicutty

Yoshi Tatsu
Eve
Kane
Big Show
Kofi Kingston
Jack Swagger
Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler
Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Drew McIntyre
Ezekiel Jackson
Justin Gabriel
Heath Slater
Michelle McCool
Beth Pheonix
Arn Anderson
Ricky Steamboat
Road Warrior Animal
Road Warrior Hawk
Kevin Nash
Booker T
Vader
Ax
Smash
Eddie Guerrero
Mr. McMahon
Edge
Steve Austin
Jerry Lawler

Sin Cara

Fourteen names remain unannounced, but so far we have 54 Superstars and 7 Divas, that's pretty impressive.

Thoughts/Comments of the roster thus far? Any guesses as to who will occupy the remaining 14 slots?

I'm loving the list of legends thus far, Demolition, Vader and the Enforcer FTW! The return of Steamboat and Eddie Guerrero is good to see, and Edge being kept on board is always a plus.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:20 pm

The Rock will be a downloadable character or a pre-order special I think, I think we might see Randy Savage get added as a little tribute to him, also Kharma might get added as well. The roster so far looks pretty damn good, ADR, Daniel Bryan, and my man Husky Harris are good additions too.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

candyxwrapper
Mid Carder

Post by candyxwrapper » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:47 pm

That roster is complete garbage. The divas side anyway. 7 divas? Just 7? How do you go from 12 to 7 in one year? I can't believe Alicia Fox and Nikki Bella didn't make the cut. Just disgusting.
Captian Hook never looked so good

Slayer23
VIP Member

Post by Slayer23 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Because no-one gives a fuck about the Divas, they have more room for people that players actually care about.

candyxwrapper
Mid Carder

Post by candyxwrapper » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Slayer23 wrote:Because no-one gives a f**k about the Divas, they have more room for people that players actually care about.
I am a player and I care about the divas. I pay money for the game just like everyone else does and I have the right to b!tch about something i'm not happy about.
Captian Hook never looked so good

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:19 am

^I agree with you, not on the divas thing because I rarely play as a diva but if you are going to pay money for something and you don't like it afterwards then you have every right to complain about it.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:55 am

I did hear that Michael Cole is going to be a playable character i cant wait to kick the crap out of him

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:29 pm

The following, it turns out, is old news by a few weeks, but I just found out about it today:

Featured in this years installment of WWE, will be, for the first time in THQ's library of WWE games: Create-An-Arena

Very excited about this one, I'm not going to lie, this pretty much sold this game for me, on release day no less (I typically only buy used once they hit the $30 range, that may seem expensive to Americans on here, but despite our on par dollar Canadians still get our prices jacked the fuck up for reasons that can all be summed up in one word: Greed; but I digress)

I loved the create-a-ring feature in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PS2, and I couldn't wait for this to be offered again in 3D form. (I do not count the create-a-ring feature in WWF Attitude or ECW Hardcore Revolution, as it was a lackluster feature in a lackluster series of games.) This is going to be so much fun to play around with, recreate rings/arenas of the past and create all new rings/arenas.

Anyone else see the potential of this feature?

Crow013
Mid Carder

Post by Crow013 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:20 am

El Canuck wrote:The following, it turns out, is old news by a few weeks, but I just found out about it today:

Featured in this years installment of WWE, will be, for the first time in THQ's library of WWE games: Create-An-Arena

Very excited about this one, I'm not going to lie, this pretty much sold this game for me, on release day no less (I typically only buy used once they hit the $30 range, that may seem expensive to Americans on here, but despite our on par dollar Canadians still get our prices jacked the f**k up for reasons that can all be summed up in one word: Greed; but I digress)

I loved the create-a-ring feature in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PS2, and I couldn't wait for this to be offered again in 3D form. (I do not count the create-a-ring feature in WWF Attitude or ECW Hardcore Revolution, as it was a lackluster feature in a lackluster series of games.) This is going to be so much fun to play around with, recreate rings/arenas of the past and create all new rings/arenas.

Anyone else see the potential of this feature?
Being the guy that buys the new game every year as soon as I can it would not have mattered had this been included or not. However! I am so ridiculously pumped for this that I cannot even believe we are finally getting it. This has to be the one "Create-A" feature I have been waiting forever on.
I'm Batman.

RatedRSuperstar
Hall Of Famer

Post by RatedRSuperstar » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:38 pm

I want them to add a "create-a-sign" feature. I hate having to pick from a pre-disposed bunch of signs for the audience to hold up for my created wrestler that have little-nothing to do with him. Just a basic MS Paint-style option would be awesome.

Cool people vote in the Best of the Best Tournament on the Member Games forum, I hear.

Crow013
Mid Carder

Post by Crow013 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Well, actually, in last game, you were able to use things you created in their paint/designer type thing not just for logos, entrance videos, or clothes but for signs, too. I remember downloading ones for a Daniel Bryan I had also downloaded. Someone had created the "Submission Wrestling" and Obama-Style "Violence" logos and I used them for signs.
I'm Batman.

RatedRSuperstar
Hall Of Famer

Post by RatedRSuperstar » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:26 pm

That actually sounds pretty awesome...I never picked up the last game, but hopefully '12 will incorporate that as well.

Cool people vote in the Best of the Best Tournament on the Member Games forum, I hear.

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:11 pm

So apparently Brock Lesnar is in the game.

Image Image

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:41 pm

BioticZombie wrote:So apparently Brock Lesnar is in the game.

Agreed.