New World of Warcraft expansion

Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
RatedRSuperstar
Hall Of Famer

New World of Warcraft expansion

Post by RatedRSuperstar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Let me just say, makes me glad I quit this game a while back. The like/dislike ratio on the video speaks volumes.

Cool people vote in the Best of the Best Tournament on the Member Games forum, I hear.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: New World of Warcraft expansion

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:59 am

"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Crow013
Mid Carder

Post by Crow013 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:05 pm

To be fair, I hate everything about WoW.
This thread lost me when Crow said he respects DD's balls.
I'm Batman.

RatedRSuperstar
Hall Of Famer

Post by RatedRSuperstar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Yeah, WoW has a lot of weird anthropomorphic animal type creatures, but an entire expansion based around panda men just seems so incredibly childish. I think it was phrased best when I heard someone say "It was already hard enough to play this game and keep my dignity.". I quit before this was announced, so it wasn't a nerdrage quit, but I feel justified now after seeing the expansion.

Cool people vote in the Best of the Best Tournament on the Member Games forum, I hear.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:52 am

I hate WoW so much, many moons ago I had a friend get hopelessly addicted to it. I watched him playing for a while and I honestly, even as a gamer, couldn't see the point. I asked him what the purpose of one particular action he was doing was, and he said "I'm auctioning things for money"

I said "Ok, what's the money going towards?" his response: "Armor I need" to which I said "Is the armor for the final boss?" (He was level 78 or something, which was high apparently) He laughed and said "There is no final boss, man"

I chimed back "So what's the point then? You never finish the game, there's no ultimate goal to achieve, aside from reaching a high level." He said "Yeah, but when I get the armor I need it'll make me very hard to kill."

Thought I had it now, I said "Ah, so if you die you lose your character or otherwise get game over?" It's a survival thing then. He responded with "Well, no, I just pop up in a graveyard." The whole thing seemed even more pointless to me, so I said "So, basically, there's no goal, you just keep accumulating things and gaining levels until your at the highest level, there's no major consequence when you die, nothing you can do can alter the map or game world in any real way and nothing, outside of quitting playing to break this loop?" He said "Well yeah, I guess, but it's fun." All I could say was "Sounds redundant to me."

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:01 pm

The expansion isn't based around pandas, it's based around the war between the two major factions. The pandas are a part of the story, but the expansion isn't about "hey look, we have pandas".

As for the game itself, there isn't a point to it other than making your character the best that it can possibly be. There is no one ultimate boss that makes you win the game, but each tier of content does have multiple bosses per zone. Basically, all the bosses have different mechanics which require careful strategy and execution. Most bosses have unique mechanics, and its possible for a single person to mess up and cause everyone to die. It's the progression that guilds make and the satisfaction of dropping a difficult boss which is rewarding for some players. Once a tier of bosses are dropped, you unlock the heroic versions, which is the same bosses, but much harder with extra mechanics. Having the best gear is essential for heroic fights. Ultimately, dropping a tier of bosses in the heroic difficulty is as much as there is to do to progress your character. The fact that all item drops are random for each boss means that it will take several weeks in which to max out your gear, and in which time the mechanics slowly get easier as your team masters them. The feeling of finally maxing your character is pretty rewarding for a lot of people.
There are lots of other things to do, such as a huge pvp scene or just working on the (literally) thousands of achievements. So it has a lot to suit everyones desires. If somebody likes to spend hours in front of an auction house in the hopes of making some gold, pat them on the back and tell them "whatever makes you happy".

Ultimately, the entire game is awaste of time, but so are all games really.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan