The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest

Discuss sports leagues, put together fantasy leagues, brag about your team winning a championship, etc.
khursed
Developmental Talent

Post by khursed » Tue May 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Gutter, got to remember they started the seasons with 2 whole episode covering the 32 people fighting to determine who'd be the 16 who made it in the house.

Going with the usual 12 shows, and 1 super final and with a single weight division, that's a lot of fighting that needs to be done in the few remaining shows.

They basically are doing a 10 show seasons if ya take into account the other seasons did a single fight each show for the first 8 fights.

with 2 weight class for example you got seasons of 1 fight per show.

4-2-final, so 6 shows each to determine the two contender, with a single weight class you need double fight show simply because it goes 8-4-2-final so 14 fights in 12 shows, plus the final.

This seasons it was basically 16 fights in 2 shows, with a bunch summarized for ease of editing, and then 10 shows for 8-4-2 I'm assuming they'll probably keep an episode or two toward the end to hype it, and show a single fight only.

Also, a lot of stuff can't be helped, if the guys all go the distance, that's 10-15 minutes of fighting twice a show, leaves very little room for the rest of the fun stuff.

I really loved the whole "no wimps and moron who quit cuz of their g/f this season".l

per weight,

gutterhippo
VIP Member

Post by gutterhippo » Thu May 29, 2008 1:43 am

^^^

Good points, but we get yet another 2 fight show next week. And, it also begs the question of why they decided to waste two whole shows on qualifying fights in the first place. They could easily have cut the fights down to one show, or even just shown highlights and cut it down to the first half of a show.

I really do think it is a case of them just plain not having much drama in the house. If they did, they would show it, instead of Jesse peeing in the hot tub. But, I think next week, I might get my wish as it looks like Jeremy May mouths off a bit.

Amir is a very fun fighter, and I hope he makes it to the finals with Credeur, but he might not have much a career if he keeps fighting with that style. Being a punching bag and having a "good chin" and eventually pulling out wins is great, until you get caught (see Chris Leben).

gutterhippo
VIP Member

Post by gutterhippo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:42 am

Wow, that last show almost made up for an otherwise lackluster season. Let's see, where to begin...

I gotta admit that I was happy to see Jesse Taylor go. He was a complete a$$face all season. He drank and ate like sh!t all season, he made homophobic comments, he pissed himself more than once, and he did his best impersonation of a blanket during his fights. I'm glad Dana laid down the law with his shenanigans and got him out of the UFC, although from how they talked about it, I was sure it would be something bigger, like some crazy drug bust or something. I can see some questioning the decision to kick him out of the finals just for being drunk, but in the end, at least we don't have to watch Jesse lay n' pray his way to the 6 figure contract.

Amir/C.B. was an awesome fight, and I was ecstatic to see Amir pull out the submission. It brought back memories of Forrest/Shogun, and Amir definitely has that underdog appeal. Here's hoping he wins the contract!

Credeur/Dollaway was fun as well. I would've given the fight to Tim, but I wasn't really watching with an unbiased eye. I definitely wanted to see Tim make it to the finals, as we have already seen C.B./Amir. Not to mention that Amir would have an easier time with Tim than C.B. But, I guess I'm glad we're going to see the two best fighters in the house make it to the finals, even if it is a rematch.

C.B. has some sick takedowns. You know it's coming, you sprawl like a mother, you do everything right and he still takes you down. That's impressive. Not to mention that he would sometimes do this immediately after being rocked. On the other side of the cage, Amir has shown tons of heart and has shown what a great student he is. He did an excellent job of listening to his corner during all of his fights. And he never gave up, and showed Forrest-like cardio. I think a key to Amir winning would be his corner, and if he can take the nerves of being in the big show. C.B. has great kicks, but he's no match for Amir on the feet. He needs to score a takedown early and find a way to finish Amir on the ground before getting caught in a submission again.

gutterhippo
VIP Member

Post by gutterhippo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:33 am

And your winner is....

Amir Sadollah!!!!

Woooo!!! Amir is so marketable, he might as well have just given the UFC a license to print money. Every single one of his fights was awesome on the show, and he's got such a great underdog-type appeal. If pushed right, he could be the next Forrest Griffin.

C.B.'s meathead reaction after he tapped was priceless. Sorry if that sounded like something the KING would say, but I couldn't stand how much of an arrogant jock C.B. was all season, and it was awesome to watch a guy like Amir get the upper hand... twice. I'm sure C.B. will have a good future in the UFC, but I'm just not a fan of the 'character' I saw during the season.

THE KING
Developmental Talent

Post by THE KING » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:44 am

I am glad to see you on the same page.

Cb is total prick, I couldn't help but notice that Dana's face in the background after the fight looked pissed! I know Dana thinks that CB was gonna win and he was one his new Golden boys. In fact I didn't think Jesse shouldn't have been kicked off. I mean if the UFC wanted to cover it up they could have. Its not like the guy made the news and went to jail? we know what he did because the UFC TOLD us what he did. They burned him at the stake they didnt have to. Which is why I think it was an opportunity for Dana to bring back CB the guy who he wanted to win to start with. CB is ass and looked like an ass he sucks as a fighter and is nothing more than a Lay and Pray guy like evans. Amir is the real deal I am glad he made CB look like a bitch
Edge is Mid-Card for Life.
Jeff Jarrett is better than Edge
Theres a reason Cena gets booed.

Heres a thought....think outside the MODS!