UFC 83: Serra vs. St. Pierre 2 predictions and discussion

Discuss sports leagues, put together fantasy leagues, brag about your team winning a championship, etc.
gutterhippo
VIP Member

Post by gutterhippo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:48 am

go to sleep wrote:mmajunkie is now reporting that the UFC has cut travis lutter. no surprise there. first he doesn't make weight for his title shot against silva and then he showed some horrible condition in the fight with franklin. talented guy but seems to lack motivation...good riddance.
Wow, I hadn't heard about this. That's pretty surprising, given all of the time and money they put into making Travis Lutter a recognizable name. If he chooses to, he'll be able to get a pretty good contract elsewhere, regardless of his past performances, just based on the fact that he is now a 'big name.'

I found this on the Sherdog forums- Kalib Starnes explaining his actions:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/kalib- ... 74287.html

go to sleep
Developmental Talent

Post by go to sleep » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:13 am

^^^

I saw the forum...pretty funny title if you ask me. Still doesn't really make me think any better of him or his performance.

PS...Hippo when are we going to get the results from the point game??
Check Out and Follow My MMA Blog: http://justincohee.blogspot.com/
UFC Predictions Game Results: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... 38pEj7scHA

gutterhippo
VIP Member

Post by gutterhippo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:41 am

go to sleep wrote:PS...Hippo when are we going to get the results from the point game??
My bad, it slipped my mind. Here are the results:

Congrats to gts and Evo for getting the highest scores. Everyone did pretty well with this one. With Machida/Ortiz, Wandy/Jardine, and Penn/Sherk, I'm thinking 84 will be a lot harder to predict..

Evolution
Mid Carder

Post by Evolution » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Yeah the fights for 84 are probably the hardest to predict so far this year. All three main fights I can see go either way.

- Penn/Sherk: Penn is the great Jsu-Jitsu fighter and is great off his back but at the same time Sherk is a powerful grapler who has never been submitted. Right now IMO whoever wins the standup will have a great advantage in the fight, I see Penn being the better striker but at the same time his cardio is in question because Sherk can go 5 rounds, like he did against Florian and Franca.
Prediction: Sherk by late TKO or UD

- Machida/Ortiz: I cant wait for this fight. Machida has looked grat in the UFC and now he's getting a big test in the LHW gate keeper Ortiz. I dont think Machida has fought someone like Ortiz or the size of Ortiz. But Machida seems well rounded enough to win the fight wherever it goes. The only reason Tito has a chance is he like Sherk has never being submitted (only by Shamrock but it was from strikes) so he will be tough on the ground.
Prediction: Machida by boring UD

- Silva/Jardine: Well if you havent noticed im a huge Silva fan. I'm hoping for a KO like Houston did to Jardine. Jardine seems to be good against counter pounchers like Forrest and Liddell but struggles against guys willing to engage like Houston, thats why I see Silva having a chance there. But Jardine is huge for LHW and will probably impose his will. My heart says Silva but my head says Jardine.
Prediction: Jardine by KO 2nd round :(