EliteXC (Elite Xtreme Combat)

Discuss sports leagues, put together fantasy leagues, brag about your team winning a championship, etc.
Metal
Rookie

EliteXC (Elite Xtreme Combat)

Post by Metal » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:03 am

I was watching Boxing on Showtime the other night and a ad for EliteXC came up. From the looks of it, it looks just like the UFC in the ads. Bill Goldberg & Mario Lopez will be the announcers, which could be a good or bad thing. The Main Event is Frank Shamrock vs Renzo Gracie. They also have two female fighters in the event.

The event starts February 10Th at 10PM(EST I guess?) on Showtime. However, there will be 5 fights at 8PM that will be streaming live on the net at their website before the bigger fights on showtime.

I don't know much about MMA fighters but I like to watch it every now and then. I wanted to know what you people thought about the card and/or if you have showtime or not.

The Card, Roster, Video of the ad, etc... can be found on http://www.elitexc.com

Evolution
Mid Carder

Post by Evolution » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:09 pm

Hopefully EliteXC will not turn out like WFA did. Anytime Frank Shamrock fights its a big thing because so many people hate him yet hes one of the best ever. Shamrock vs Renzo Gracie will be pretty good, Shamrock should win, he beat Cesar Gracie in 21 seconds in his last fight so he should come out on top.

Also EliteXC wants to sign Brandon Vera to a contract, I wouldnt be to suprised if they do get him, UFC will probably let him go because they spent so much on Cro Cop, Rampage, Herring and others.

Metal
Rookie

Post by Metal » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:41 pm

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1170977357.shtml
Angle stated that he is going to start soon with the EliteXC (Elite Xtreme Combat) MMA group and that he will be doing both wrestling and MMA. Seeing as Angle has been known to say some pretty outlandish comments in the media in the last few months, we have no confirmation that he is actually going to work for EliteXC at this time.
I hope so. It would be interesting just to watch him fight.

Dynasty
Title Contender

Post by Dynasty » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:04 pm

Has Frank Shamrock ever lost?

Evolution
Mid Carder

Post by Evolution » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:51 pm

Dynasty wrote:Has Frank Shamrock ever lost?
Yeah he has before but not in a long time. He retired after his stint with UFC and came back just a couple of years ago. I dont know his record off by heart but I know he's lost to Bas Rutten in Pancreas.

Metal
Rookie

Post by Metal » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:08 pm

Got to http://www.proelite.com right now to watch the undercard live.

Evolution
Mid Carder

Post by Evolution » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:32 am

Well I watched the show last night on The Fight Network and I have to say this was a pretty good event for a debuting organization.

Charles Bennett vs. KJ Noons
This was the opening bout and started off with Krayze Horse not touching gloves with Noons which was pretty funny. Pretty slow bout but ended with Bennett KO'ing Noons in the first. Decent fight.

Womens Bout
I forget the names but holy crap the one fighter is hot. And suprisingly this was a good fight, the hot one but the crap out of the ugly one. This was a slugfest and it was pretty entertaining.

David Loiseau vs Joey Villasenor
Finally one of the bouts which had people talking about. Loiseau of course is a UFC veteran and Villasenor is a PRIDE veteran and both are coming off luckluster bouts so I think this was a must win for both fighters. Alot of people favoured Loiseau to win but he got schooled in the cage, Villasenor really showed he improved after his lost against Robbie Lawler. Loiseau really let alot of people down and I dont know where hes going from here. It almost looks like he's lost to explosive edge he had on fighters, I mean hes beaten alot of big name fighters like Evan Tanner and main evented a UFC event. Anyways decent bout but it was mainly on the ground because Loiseau cant defend the takedown.

Antonio Silva vs Cabbage Correra
So the much hyped Silva fighting Cabbage a UFC veteran. Reports have it that Fedor turned down a fight with Silva so I had to see if this guy is the real deal. And my god he is, 6'4 300 lbs. He was really dictating the fight on there feet and on the ground. Ended with a 1st round TKO.

Frank Shamrock vs Renzo Gracie
So here we go the main event, the controversial Frank Shamrock fighting BJJ legend Renzo Gracie. Shamrock coming off a KO from Cesar Gracie last year and Gracie coming off wins in the IFL over Pat Militech and Carlos Newton. Anyways this was a really slow bout with Gracie taking down Shamrock twice in the 1st round and winning the first. In the second same thing happened but on the ground Shamrock knee'd Gracie twice in the back of the head which is illegal and was DQ'd because Gracie couldnt continue. Really bad call because where Shamrock was on the ground he couldnt see where he was hitting Gracie and should of been a KO was Gracie was out.

Overall EliteXC delivered with a good event top to bottom with good bouts, great production value so watch out IFL and Strikeforce because EliteXC is here too stay. And with UFC expanding and PRIDE trying to grow in the States I think EliteXC could disrupt that with there big names.