Rags To Riches - A C-Verse Story

Whether you're building a dream Wrestlemania, or writing 20 years worth of shows, share your creations with the world.
Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Rags To Riches - A C-Verse Story

Post by Jama7301 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:41 pm

So, simply put, this is a 2 player C-Verse game between me and Goober.

We're starting a 0 respect, 0 popularity, 0 momentum, $2500 game. We started two local feds, using our avatars using a 750 point buy system for our skills, 100 for heel/face skills, and 300 to split between the different gimmick types.

Without further ado, here are the promotions.

Player: GooberBM
Promotion: Championship Wrestling from Boston
Player Character: Goober Avatar (The Monster)
Region: New England
Product Style: Traditional

-- Roster --
Acid II
Anders Thunder
El Mitico Jr
Ernest Youngman
JOJI
Kammy Ling
KC Glenn
Kirk Drury
Kurt Lovenkrantz (Referee)
Nigel Svensson
Outlaw Wes Revell
Paradox
Pettle
Phonse Lockett
The Monster
The Pilgrim

Player: Jama7301
Promotion: Rapid Pro Wrestling
Player Character: Jama Avatar (Tony Chambers)
Region: Midwest
Product Style: Mainstream

-- Roster --
Amazing Fire Fly
Brady Prince
Buzz Reid
Charles Hapstander (Referee)
Jazz Funk
New York Red
Nigel Svensson
Powerful Man
Rayne Man
Remmy Honeyman
Roger Monteiro
Steel
Thomas Morgan
Tony Chambers

We've got our first events on the horizon, so if you want, join us on our little race to the top.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Re: Rags To Riches - A C-Verse Story

Post by GooberBM » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:48 pm

You keep cashing them checks, Nigel Svensson.

And Jama totally means our race into the gutters

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Oh absolutely. I'll probably devolve into a garbage brawling indy in less than two years time, just to try to tread water. Or something.

Dynasty
Title Contender

Post by Dynasty » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:08 pm

Is this 2013's game?

If so get KC Glenn on that payroll Jama haha.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:28 pm

My game plan was basically grabbing young, unemployed kids that aren't going to take long to get snatched up from me, while using them to get my user character on his feet so he can be the main pillar of the roster. Then I can grab some veterans for me to slap around

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Whereas I went with some over-the-hill-yet-still-reliable dudes to be my starting framework for my young dudes.

And I'm going to job my avatar the fuck out.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Awesome guys, glad to see you're both keeping busy in the interim with the Territories game.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:09 pm

RPW Evolved I
Hunter’s Town Hall, Iowa
Attendance: 15

Backstage, before the show, youngster Powerful Man started shit with industry veteran Brady Prince. The situation was diffused before the two came to blows. Powerful Man was given a light reprimand about his actions.

We kick the show off with a quick promo from Tony Chambers. He welcomes the crowd to the revival show for Rapid Pro Wrestling. Chambers says he’s proud to be able to be living his dream of becoming a professional wrestler. He hopes to also take RPW as high as it can go. He then introduces the man who will be the voice of RPW for tonight, Thomas Morgan. Morgan says he’s happy to be here, and that hopefully he can say this for many shows to come, “Welcome to R.P.W.!”

Rating: F+

Match 1
Remmy Honeyman vs Nigel Svensson
Nigel is out first, bumping fists with a fan as he makes his way to the ring. While waiting for his opponent, his music hits again, and Remmy comes out with a shit-eating grin on his face, telling Nigel “It’s mine now”. The two go back and forth for a bit, Remmy looking to keep Svensson grounded, and Nigel landing some solid kicks and elbows. Nigel locks in the Hyper Extension Arm Bar, but Remmy is close enough to the ropes to force a break. He kicks out Nigel’s legs while still holding onto the ropes, and goes to apply the same Arm Bar himself, but Nigel knows his own hold, inside and out, and counters out, forces Remmy to the mat, and gets him to tap to the Hyper Extension Arm Bar.

Rating: E

Match 2
New York Red w/ Buzz vs Powerful Man
NYR comes out, flanked by the mammoth Buzz, twirling a few drum sticks as he struts to the ring. He gets on the apron and goes to throw them to the fans in attendance, but changes his mind, and hands them to Buzz. Powerful Man is out next, and the masked, muscle-bound wrestler makes his way to the ring. The match starts, and Powerful Man looks to get the crowd involved with some clapping. New York Red is not amused, and slaps Powerful Man across the face and yells “I KEEP THE RHYTHM! NOT YOU!” Powerful Man retaliates with a right to the face of NYR. Red rolls to the outside, and starts utilizing hit and run tactics on larger athlete. Powerful Man finally gets his hands on the quick veteran, and fires back on hit, ultimately setting him up for his finisher, the Running Samoan Drop, but Buzz gets up on the apron and tosses one of the drum sticks into the ring. The ref goes to pick it up, and Buzz quickly runs in, and jabs at Powerful Man’s neck with the other, which allows New York Red to escape. Red uses the distraction to hit the Brooklyn Bridge (Springboard corkscrew Moonsault) for the win.
Rating: F

Thomas Morgan steps into the ring with a mic saying that the main event tonight will feature himself taking on Brady Prince is RPW’s first Main Event. He promises to put on a show for the crowd in attendance.

Rating: E+

Match 3
Buzz vs Amazing Fire Fly
New York Red wanders at ringside during this match, pulling away from any fan who tries to touch him, shouting “You’re not my groupie.” Buss dominates early, but Fire Fly is able to pick up the pace with some rapid fire kicks and almost takes the big man off his feet with a few drop kicks. He goes for a spring board cross body, but NYR leaps up and decks him as he hits the ropes, forcing the ref to throw the match out.

After the match, Buzz and Red look to continue the assault, but Powerful Man comes running down to the ring, with a branch in hand that he must have found outside. Buzz and Red bail from the ring, and slowly retreat the back, while Powerful Man helps up Amazing Fire Fly.

Rating: F-

Match 4
Steel vs Tony Chambers
Boy, does Chambers try. He tries to use heart and grit to overcome the sheer size and strength of the former SWF wrestler, but can’t get it going. He gets a small burst of offense in, before he gets his head taken off with a monster clothesline. Steel toys with his prey before mercifully ending it at around the 8 minute mark with a Running Sidewalk Slam.

Rating: E-

Not satisfied with his handiwork, he picks up his fallen opponent and lays him out with a second Running Sidewalk Slam, before leaving the ring.

Rating: F

Main Event
Brady Prince vs Thomas Morgan
Morgan and Prince, both industry vets, bring their A games tonight, and leave it all in the ring. In a fierce, 20 minute battle, Brady comes out on top hitting a Powerbomb that stunned Morgan long enough for Prince to cinch in the Maryland Crossface. Morgan tries to get to the ropes, but the pain becomes too much, and he taps.

Show Rating: E-

Dynasty
Title Contender

Post by Dynasty » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:57 pm

I wish I had the time to do full detailed descriptions like you do Jama. Brings so much more to the diary.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:04 pm

It also helps me flesh out characters, and since I'm running a Mainstream promotion, angles are needed. So when i can establish the Modus Operandi of the people, it makes booking easier for me, haha

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:36 am

Looking forward to seeing what insanity and atrocities you kids unleash on the Cornellverse.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:50 am

I'm going to try to be sane...ish.

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:28 am

Do or do not....

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:42 am

Championship Wrestling From Boston
Sunday Week 3 January 2013 Biker's Paradise (New England) Attendance: 10

Pre-Show incident involving valets/managers Pettle spreading backstage rumors about Kammy Ling. A fatherly talking to got her to promise it won't happen again

Before the show, "Voice of Championship Wrestling From Boston" Phonse Lockett comes out and welcomes our 10 spartan fans to the inaugural show and introduces tonight's guest commentators, Pettle and Kammy Ling, who greet the fans then do a short and tasteful pose in the ring for their benefit before taking their positions so they can do their Opening Night scouting for talent

Live Show

10 man battle royal featuring KC Glenn, Ernest Youngman, El Mitico Jr. The Monster, Nigel Svensson, Outlaw Wes Revell, Acid II, Anders Thunder, JOJI and Paradox
KC Glenn (12:46) over Outlaw
The inaugural match in CWB is a 10 man battle royal, won by the young talent KC Glenn, the rest of the Final Four included Ernest Youngman, El Mitico Jr. and Outlaw Wes Revell. Revell had the most eliminations with 3, but that wasn't enough to win the match
Rating: D-

Kirk Drury vs. The Pilgrim
Kirk (8:12) via Scorpion Deathlock
The first singles match in CWB history is between the two men who weren't in the battle royal, as the Canadian Teen Idol, Kirk Drury takes on New England's Own, The Pilgrim. Unfortunately, after a tough back and forth battle, Plymouth Rock landed on The Pilgrim, in the form of a Scorpion Deathlock, which made The Pilgrim tap out

The Monster vs. Nigel Svensson
Monster (5:15) via The Maw of the Monster
The Swiss competitor was no match for the size and intensity of The Monster who buzzsaws him and then drops him with a huge chokeslam

Acid II vs. Anders Thunder vs. El Mitico Jr. vs. JOJI
El Mitico (12:25) via Northern Lights Suplex Hold on JOJI
We get frantic, international action between Anders (the other Sweedish performer on the roster), our American and Mexican masked performers, and the silent Japanese rookie JOJI. The three smaller men work hard to keep the mountainous Anders at bay so they can fight amongst themselves and they finally succeed, at which point JOJI goes for a running springboard DDT off the ropes. He is able to leap off and kick Acid away, but Mitico holds on and then hits his patented Northern Lights Suplex for the win on the rookie

The Monster stomps out, looking unsatisfied with his first meal, when Pettle comes out behind him and urges him to the ring. Anders is just stirring when he gets blasted with a clothesline. Acid then eats a big boot on the floor. El Mitico tries to plancha The Monster and is driven into the ring post, and a stirring JOJI is caught in The Maw of the Monster and planted in the middle of the ring. Pettle then joins her first client in the ring and tells everyone that you are looking at the future of CWB, with The Monster causing carnage. And there's nothing anyone can do to stop her beautiful Monster. She then strokes his face and neck and leads him away

Phonse Lockett is in the ring to meet our next performer, Ernest Youngman, before his match against Outlaw Wes Revell. Phonse asks him how he's feeling about being in one of the top matches of the first ever CWB show and Ernest says he's here to fight, so you could put 9 men in front of him, or you can put 1. At the end of the day, whoever draws him is an unlucky soul because whatever name he gets, is going to find out the hard way, just what kind of Assassin he is

Ernest Youngman vs. Outlaw Wes Revell
Ernest (22:29) via The Hit
Ernest had a hard time getting traction early against the much bigger Outlaw, but Ernest's pure striking ability slowly breakes Wes down and late in the match he gets all the momentum behind him and Ernest crushes Revell's skull with Jumping Facebuster onto his knee that he calls The Hit. That's a move that doesn't look like there will be any getting up from

Phonse Lockett meets Paradox in the ring ahead of his Main Event match against KC Glenn. Paradox says tonight is a big night, but it is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Paradox isn't supposed to be here, and yet here he is. The Main Event. And yet you didn't pay to see Paradox, did you? And yet here you are watching him, in the Main Event, because it was meant to be. You are meant to witness his greatness and then you will come to realize that no matter how much you despise him, you need to see him. And that, is the truth of Paradox

Paradox vs. KC Glenn
Paradox (25:15) via Paralyser
KC Glenn dominates the early portion of the match as Paradox barely looks like a competent wrestler, but as the match moves along Paradox begins to awaken and show more and more skill as KC tries to put him away to no result. Things get frantic as both men hit big bombs on each other but neither gets the win till Paradox can sneak on a Standing Guillotine Choke, which KC can't break out of. Once he's subdued enough, Paradox keeps on the hold but bounces back off the ropes so he can do a standing flip into a neckbreaker to get the pinfall victory
Rating: D-

Paradox celebrates his victory over the fallen Glenn saying he shall open our eyes to witness his greatness

Post show: After the match, Outlaw Wes Revell and Ernest Youngman come out to salute the crowd, followed by Kammy and Pettle. Then The Monster stomps out and scares everyone, including Pettle, off before posing on all four corners to close the show

Final Grade: E+

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Now that is making the most of a booker booking himself as the top dog.

Dynasty
Title Contender

Post by Dynasty » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:02 pm

KC Glenn doesn't lose in Bikers Paradise.....

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:12 pm

Not in YOUR Bikers' Paradise, but I'm running an indy promotion where good guys don't get happy endings, dammit

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:45 pm

Oh, so it's MACW.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:41 pm

Dirtier, sleazier, and with no production values. But probably, yes

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:44 pm

Significant news stories between Monday, February 1, and my show on Sunday, February 2.

USPW Falls from National to Cult Size.
RAW shades DIW in web video that goes viral.
Hell's Bouncer no-shows event for FCW. No news on where he is or why he missed.
Similarly, Pink Spider missed a Zen Wrestling event. Nobody has been in contact with him.