Last video game you played- chain

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Re: Last video game you played- chain

Post by Jama7301 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:17 am

So, bork lazered my laptop by dropping my mouse on it, and somehow either dislodged the HDD or maybe even cracked it, so it wouldn't boot.

New laptop came in yesterday, and has a dedicated AMD 480X, their new budget 1080P card, and the difference is pretty noticable. Being able to play Overwatch and FFXIV at 60+ FPS compared to the 30 and low settings I was using before is quite stark.

Sad that I lost a lot of data, but interested to see what else I can do with this once I get more stuff installed.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:53 am

Can't say I've been too impressed or excited by E3. Nintendo had a good showing, but I won't own a Switch anytime soon which leaves me disinterested with what they had to offer. The rest of the show was dominated by remakes, extra content for already existing games or new footage of already advertised games. Very new original content was displayed.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Yeah, I probably won't be getting a Switch until sometime next year, once that home console Pokemon game is announced. Otherwise I am going to stick with my PS4 and 3DS.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:16 pm

That new Spider-Man game looked interesting. Unfortunately it's a PS4 exclusive.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:06 pm

I think I'll check it out, haven't played a Spidey game since Spider-Man 2 back in the day, this one looks fun. Also surprised WB at least didn't reveal or showcase Batman: Arkham Insurgency, which is the rumored next entry in the series.

Been playing my way through Injustice 2, I dig the game, the story is interesting and hits a little harder than the first (although nothing quiet tops Superman killing Shazam/Billy Batson with his heat vision!) and the customizing and Multiverse are a welcome and fun addition to the game. NetherRealm has been doing great since the MK reboot back in 2011.

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:22 pm

I had given thought about getting one of those Nintendo Classics, but I wasn't about to pay the way overinflated prices those who still have any are asking, just to do a little nostalgic retro gaming. I'm not that much of a game player.

But, I came across a Bandai 'Connect & Play' Pac Man game for under $20US, and it has the games on it I was looking for: Galaxian and Galaga! And to my surprise, another arcade game I played a lot, Xevious. I hardly even hoped to find that one. Another one we used to play at a bar, after work.

I had a home version of Xevious a long time ago that ran on an Atari ST computer, and later an MS-Dos version, but the gameplay wasn't like the arcade version because these systems did not use joysticks.

The game versions on this Bandai device seem real close to the original arcade versions, as far as I can tell. Boy, do I suck at these games! I'm having a hell of a time getting used to the reversed arrangement of the joystick on the left and buttons on the right. That is the opposite of the arcade versions, and early games on Atari, and Commodore, etc. I guess that has become the standard (Bite Me, Nintendo!)

Shows how out of touch with the game world I am.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Stellar find, Mafwan!

For those wondering about WWE 2K18, there's some big news concerning that game:

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/ ... e-and-more

8 people in the ring alone has made this a buy for me. Outside of the Royal Rumble game on the Dreamcast twenty years back, that's been unheard of in a WWE game. The rest I've read seems to be merely upgrading or redressing the windows. 8 man battle royals and tag matches though? I'm all in. I skipped 2K17, it didn't seem like a big change to me and wasn't worth shelling out for, (I'm still getting use out of 2K16 as it is) but it's time for the upgrade, if that's what it's bringing.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:32 pm

I haven't been serious with the series since about 2007 or 2008. I don't remember that far back, is 8 man content something never done before or is it just a really long time since it has been featured?
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Outside of the one-off Royal Rumble game released on the Dreamcast in 2000 and WWF Attitude (in '99), there's not been a 3D WWE game to allow more than six on screen at once.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:32 pm

I've been playing some more Final Fantasy XIV, Persona 5, and some Ark: Survival Evolved lately.

But maaaaaaan, the HD Remaster of Final Fantasy XII is tempting me.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:00 pm

That's one game that wouldn't tempt me. I tried so hard to like FFXII, but every time I tried, it failed to hold my attention.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:11 pm

FFXII is actually my favourite in the series, but I'm limited by having only played from FFX-2 onwards. I loved X-2 but XII really kicked it into high gear. XIII was stunning on a visual and audio level but I hated that 90% of the game you are running in a straight line. I didn't like the change to combat, towards the end I literally had all of my characters in auto attack and it essentially became me watching and not playing. I own FFXV but haven't played it yet.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:28 pm

It's hard to call it your favourite of the series when you haven't played the first ten games in the main series. I recommend trying IV and VI, though I only recommend VI in either it's SNES, GBA or PS1 forms. Skip the re-skinned mobile versions of any of the first six games. VI is my favourite of what I have played (I through X-2 and XII) Actually, in order, they go:

1. FF VI
2. FF VII
3. FF IX
4. FF V
5. FF IV
6. FF I
7. FF X
8. FF II
9. FF III
10. FF X-2
11. FF XII
12. FF VIII

I LOATHE FF VIII. Screw that game, emo Squall and his vapid cheerleader party and their overwrought story, the shitty "draw" system and that cheap ass battle on Disc 4 that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 pm

*whispers* Final Fantasy 8 is one of my favorites

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Still getting enjoyment out of Injustice 2. Sub-Zero's take in the game is a fun one!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:26 pm

So, Fire Pro Wrestling is back and apparently, despite being only in Beta so far, is lighting up Steam:

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/fire-pro ... -workshop/

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:59 pm

94% of 434 reviews have been positive. Hard to say if it's nostalgia, fanboyism or if it's genuinely that good.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/56423 ... ing_World/

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Outside of a new coat of (figurative) paint on Fire Pro Returns, it doesn't look like a new game to me in the slightest. The community aspect is nice, but it doesn't offer anything different that I don't already have in Fire Pro Returns. I'm guessing a combination of nostalgia and the DL content community that's driving the rating.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:53 pm

The thing I find strange is that the Fire Pro people had a chance to really make some game modes that the WWE games can't even come close to offering. Because of the low demand of the engine, they could have practically done what they wanted in terms of game and match modes. Twenty and thirty man battle royals? Sure, no problem, they're just 2D sprites and simple polygons, it's no real demand on the system. Hell in the Cell? Of course. Two-ring War Game matches? Why not! Ladders? We can do that! Tables? Definitely! But they didn't do any of that. It's Fire Pro Returns. Might as well call it "Fire Pro Returns Once Again"

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:29 pm

Hey Nucks, question. I never played a Fire Pro game, so can you help me out? How much control do you typically have in the game? Once a match starts, is it pretty much set, or can you do things like run-ins and such?