"Last Film you watched" chain

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Re: "Last Film you watched" chain

Post by isrs4life » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:24 pm

For the first time ever I completed watching: Snatched :)
^It was just as good as the heat!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Rewatched Spiderman Homecoming, a delightful movie, pity the Amazing Spiderman left such a bad taste in the mouths of viewers.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Homecoming was a good start to this version of Spider-Man. I like Tom Holland and I enjoy the refreshing take of actually have him deal with high school shit, as that was one of the main hooks of the original Lee/Ditko Spider-Man. To me, Michael Keaton as the Vulture is the best MCU villain to date. Dude brought a lot of character to the role and helped elevate the movie.

Looking forward to see what happens in Infinity War, as they have so many characters to try and balance.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:23 am

The original Freaky Friday movie, I felt like I watched it for the first time clearly and not on TV
But this time on DVD and in dvd quality! It was a very enjoyable movie and better then the remake :D

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:50 am

Very much looking forward to checking out Blade Runner 2049 next week, the original was a classic, I can only imagine what Denis Villeneuve, Roger Deakins and the writers have brought to the follow-up.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Went to see Blade Runner 2049, excellent movie in it's own right and as something that builds upon the mythos of the first film, pity about the people talking during it. Fuck them.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:38 am

After a second viewing of Blade Runner 2049 I'm firm in my belief that it's a great film. Deliberative, stirring, thoughtful and at times mesmerising. The ghost of the first film hangs over it at just the right times, which at first I didn't quite get but after some reflection makes perfect sense. A truly remarkable bit of filmmaking, I have problems, the score comes up way short given the approach of the composers leaving only a few tracks worth listening to but the positives are so unbelievable that it doesn't become problematic. I hope Villeneuve gets the Bond 25 job.

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:09 pm

A few things I've watched lately:

The LEGO Batman Movie (2017)

OK movie. I think they tried to cram too many jokes/references into the film which was a bit too fast paced for much of it to sink in, at least for me. Plus, I'm sure it helped to be a big Batman fan, which I am not. In the first LEGO movie, they made an effort to make the animation look like stop motion; in this one they didn't bother. Had much more of a video game look to it. However, I did enjoy the story and characters here more than the first LEGO movie.

The Phantom (1996)

Based on the long running daily comic strip, which I used to follow, and I read a few pulp novels based on the same, published in the 1970s. This masked hero has been around since the 1930s, and there was a movie serial of the same done in the 1940s. This film is a family friendly action adventure sort of in the same vein as Indiana Jones, mixing a crime fighting masked hero with jungle adventure.

Jennifer's Body (2009)

Opening line: "Hell. . .is a teenage girl!" LOL I've seen bits and pieces of this movie a dozen times; it seems to be a favorite on IFC. Finally watched the whole thing through. Kind of a campy, horror comedy, I liked it. Say what you will about Megan Fox's talent or lack thereof, but this role as the demon possessed succubus fit her perfectly. Cool ending sequence during the credits.

Two modern, sad excuses for horror films:

Rings(2017)

A sort of sequel/continuation of the Ringu franchise. The first half of the film was pretty much just a rehash of the previous films, and then turns into a supernatural detective story. All the cliche attempts at jump scares, but none of it was even remotely scary. Or fun. Lame ending.

Blair Witch (2016)

Can say pretty much the same for this. More rehashed footage. At least we actually get to see the witch for almost half a second in one shot near the end, but pretty much another lame attempt at being scary. I definitely like monsters better.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:58 pm

I rewatched Field of dreams (1989)

If you build it they will come!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:59 pm

I rewatched Captain Ron (1992)

and it was good as I remembered I watched it last night before I went to bed
and it was the first time I saw the movie for a good 5 years ago that I could remember.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:07 am

Three weeks later and I'm still thinking about Blade Runner 2049, an incredible film. Possibly my favourite movie of the year. They rarely make them like that anymore. Dismayed at the lack of even a modest amount of mainstream appeal for the film.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:42 pm

I rewatched Cant buy me love (1987) for the 2nd time on dvd.

at my newplace this film sure was something of the 80s I just
watched it again to see if my dvd player works because the people here cleanes the dust off of it every so often but it worked
I just dont watch a movie on it all the time well I do own a phillips thats a good brand to feel positive about.
I may watch cant buy me love another time at home or here next I love it :)

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Cleaning the dust off the DVD player is a good thing. It won't hurt it.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:40 pm

Saw The Foreigner this past weekend. It was good and seeing Jackie Chan take a more serious tone in his movies is refreshing to see. Pierce Brosnan playing an Irishman was also fun. Forgettable, but fun.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:03 pm

That movie that became famous over here due to Pierce Brosnan's look for the film bearing striking resemblance to politician Gerry Adams who was long rumoured to be a high ranking member of the IRA. It's pretty much our version of the O.J. question, everyone knows he's a member of the IRA but the man in question will never admit it.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:19 pm

Ok, nucks! I believe you... I just hate when I pick up a bad dvd copy of whatever...
I remember this happen last year about this time, I had bought 2 used movies from a pawn shop and they skipped then I played
4 movies after that that I own and they worked great :)

I also watched tmnt 2: out of the shadows movie on it as well :)

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Some fun with the living dead:

The Plague of the Zombies (1966)

Hammer Studios film, back to your more traditional VooDoo zombies. A bit slow in places, great scenes of the living dead rising from their graves.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016)

This was better than I expected. I liked it. Pretty much the Pride and Prejudice story told in an alternate history where the zombie apocalypse has taken place in the 19th century. Everyone has been forced to learn to fight them off; the rich learn Japanese martial arts and the poor learn Chinese martial arts. Kinda funny scenes utilizing the Victorian style language while sparring and fighting. A sort of new twist on the living dead, many still have their human memories and can act almost normal up until they start eating human brains. Cool animated title sequence explaining the back story.

Zombies on Broadway (1945)

Always enjoy rewatching this one, one of my favorites. Silly comedy features Wally Brown and Alan Carney in probably their best film. Bela Lugosi plays a mad scientist trying to figure out, via science, how the local VooDoo cult makes zombies, and the boys are trying to 'bring em back a live one' for a gangster's nightclub in NYC. I think I've mentioned this film here before.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:32 am

I rewatched European Vacation well I have the triple feature set with out x-mas vacation in it but I do own that movie
so I watched vacation and European Vacation and both were the uncut versions and both of them worked great
and I need to watch Vegas Vacation now which I have 2 copies of and I already watched the original copy of Vegas Vacation that I have
at my new place that works if the triple feature one does not work. So, either way I am good and the triple feature set is in 1 normal case that have there own holders not side by side... I had bought the set from wal mart that was only 12 bucks all together :)

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Just got done watching Thor: Ragnorok. Honestly had a fun time with the movie, easily the best of the solo Thor movies. Hulk might be the MVP of the movie though!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:28 pm

I felt similarly, wasn't blown away but was decent, expected it to be a bit funnier if anything. About time the Thor movies took a drastic turn anyways.