"Last Film you watched" chain

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
Mafwanix
Title Contender

Re: "Last Film you watched" chain

Post by Mafwanix » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Early Man (2018)

There is a lot I like about Aardman. I'm a huge fan of almost anything done with stop motion animation, and enjoy Aardman's distinctive style. But I must admit, their films have been hit or miss for me. I liked Chicken Run, and the Wallace and Gromit stuff. Curse of the Were Rabbit was pretty great IMO. Flushed Away, although not done in stop motion, kept the same style and was also pretty great. But that Pirates! movie they did, although visually impressive, had a story that was too silly for my taste. Shawn the Sheep is OK but often too juvenile for my liking. But I understand the audience it is aimed at.

This film was a real disappointment for me. Conceptually, it seemed like it was going to be similar to the Jack Black comedy Year One, and has some pretty funny sight gags. But the plot turns into a story about a football (soccer) game, which has absolutely no interest for me whatsoever. I know there are many fans of this, but it bores me. Practically made the movie unwatchable. Bummer.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:48 pm

For the first time, Blockers it was a fun movie!

Man, John Cena is a pretty good actor and I remember he had a part in Sisters
I hope he continues to do Comedy movies well I dont mind if hes in action
films also but long as its a good role for him :)

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:40 pm

I rewatched Encino Man

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:43 am

Watched an enjoyable "Triple Feature". Back in the days of drive-in theaters, this would be typical of a "dusk to dawn" show.

Fistful of Dollars (1964)
For a Few Dollars More (1965)
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

The original Sergio Leone "Spaghetti Westerns" that jump started Clint Eastwood's career in movies, and also a big boost to Lee Van Cleef's career as well. The real special feature here was The Good, the Bad and the Ugly this time being the restored, extended version that is 3 hours long. Which, I'm pretty sure I've never seen before.

Interesting note: I read an opinion piece about the run of western movies that followed these, that opined that the movie that essentially killed off the popularity of these films, was 1974's Blazing Saddles. Much in the same way 1963's Cleopatra killed off the Italian "sword and sandal" movie craze of the early 1960s. Probably right.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:32 pm

I rewatched Christmas Vacation for a special summer viewing of the movie :!:
really good and I always pause my movie just to take a bathroom break or
something like that