Breaking Bad Discussion

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Re: Breaking Bad Discussion

Post by isrs4life » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Woo... Gus gets Blowned UP! with/the old guy in the wheel chair and the other black dude also in the same room.
Which was a
Very good decision on the ending and Hank and Jessie are safe I hope!!! 8-Minutes left.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Hank and Jessie! plus Hank again saves Jessies life and saves the day and an
awesome series which I love now!

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:33 am

Well, they were advertising a contest during the finale, the prize being a walk on part in next season's Breaking Bad; so, yeah it looks like there will be a season 5.

Chrissy Benny Wah
Legend

Post by Chrissy Benny Wah » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:30 pm

I feel I should draw attention to this series, as it is, without question, the greatest drama to appear on TV in the last 20 years. No exaggeration.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Where have ya been CBW? You've been missed, I enjoy your input.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:29 pm

I've been watching this show since the middle of the first season back in 2008.
I just love the old camera work they do with the nice old plots which is needed for
a good show like this. However I am completly against drugs but still a dam fine show
to get into over the years, I just seem to keep coming back to it.

Chrissy Benny Wah
Legend

Post by Chrissy Benny Wah » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Well thank you. Lots of studying/dissertation writing my end. Trying not to get too drawn into any long-term discussion/typing that isn't work. I usually dive back in here when I get a PM, which is Isrs 90% of the time, bothering me with some stupid request or a story about a pigeon.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:45 pm

Chrissy Benny Wah wrote:Well thank you. Lots of studying/dissertation writing my end. Trying not to get too drawn into any long-term discussion/typing that isn't work. I usually dive back in here when I get a PM, which is Isrs 90% of the time, bothering me with some stupid request or a story about a pigeon.
Oh, Oh... I found this pic for CBW!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:43 pm

^
Pic above was from another forum but this is what the funny quote said if the thing changes.

Gus -
I do believe in fear to be an epic motivator and

Threatens to kill the entire family

Cranson is such a bad a$s tweener

Jessie and Walt are aweomse together

I'm in my lab b*tch

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Chrissy Benny Wah wrote:I feel I should draw attention to this series, as it is, without question, the greatest drama to appear on TV in the last 20 years. No exaggeration.

There will be a Season 5 of Breaking Bad!! here is the fallowing information about it below

Breaking Bad Ranks High in New York Drama Derby; Aaron Paul Braces Fans for Season 5 March 23, 2012
Aaron Paul braces fans for the return of Breaking Bad and MSNBC eagerly awaits the scream-worthy drama's return

Credit:AMC Site

The Joof
Developmental Talent

Post by The Joof » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:21 am

So... who has been watching the new season?

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Just finished Season 4. Absolutely awesome show. Not a single bit of exaggeration in this thread.
Image Image

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:01 pm

The Joof wrote:So... who has been watching the new season?
Only 8 episodes this time around. But they kept the intensity up.

TheLyontamer

Post by TheLyontamer » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:53 am

I started watching Breaking Bad last week, on the recommendation of a friend. Now I’m totally hooked. I’ve watched the entire first two seasons within the past week, including five episodes in a row last night, without a break. For someone with my attention span, it takes a very special show to keep me captivated for that long. In two seasons of fifty-minute episodes there have probably only been two or three that haven’t had me completely engrossed throughout.

Everything about it is great – the story is gripping, the characters are engaging, and the realism is there. The entire situation looks like something that could genuinely happen and is more haunting as a result. Even the character growth is fascinating. Watching Walt go from a nerdy, timid science teacher at the beginning of season one, to a shaven-head, sunglasses-and-hat-wearing badass who’s making an evil gangster his bitch by the end of the season is so cool. And you get the opposite with Jesse; he’s the street smart dealer at the beginning, but quickly shows how much of an amateur he really is. By the time season two kicks in, you’ve got the strains on both guys’ families showing heavily, among other things.

I’m sure the show has progressed well past this by now (I’m militantly avoiding spoilers), but I’m hoping to plough through the remaining seasons very quickly. It’s only a shame that the next one doesn’t debut until next summer.

Great show. One of the best I’ve seen.

Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

Post by Legend_Killer » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:52 pm

TheLyontamer

Post by TheLyontamer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:01 pm

That's a very funny video. I just started watching The Wire the other day, so I’ll have to see if it stacks up to Breaking Bad. Not that there’d be a problem if it doesn’t. Since my last post a couple of months ago, I’ve finished the entire series, watched the whole thing a second time, and the second half of season four and all of the fifth a third. I really think that this:
Chrissy Benny Wah wrote:I feel I should draw attention to this series, as it is, without question, the greatest drama to appear on TV in the last 20 years. No exaggeration.
almost doesn’t do the show justice. While I’ll hold off on judgement until I’ve finished The Wire, I already think that we could be talking about the greatest drama of all time with Breaking Bad. Everything about it is phenomenal. Walter White is the greatest television character that I have ever seen, and nobody else comes close. Jesse Pinkman is the perfect companion for him and their chemistry together is insane (in more than one way). Gus Fring is the most rectum-clenchingly terrifying, engaging villain that I can recall. You shut the hell up and listen when that softly-spoken man opens his mouth. Saul Goodman is hilarious and adds crucial comic relief to a show that would almost be unwatchable at times, given its level of tension. That's not even to mention Mike, Hank, and all the rest of the awesome supporting cast.

I’m a sucker for little details, and I really appreciate that Vince Gilligan is too. EVERYTHING in the show matters. The smallest of elements are introduced at various points and barely referenced, before having a massive effect one episode or even two seasons later. The colours used are so irrelevant in most shows, but so important in this one. Watch Walt’s attire slowly change from beige to black as he turns more towards the dark side. It’s even been hinted that the colours associated with a particular character (who I won’t name) could be foreshadowing their death in the final season. Then there are the camera angles, the music, the sound effects, and everything else that goes into making Breaking Bad as close to perfect as it can possibly be.

They’ve taken the prototype for what the standard hero of a TV show should be, ripped it up, and dumped on it. Bryan Cranston plays one of the most intimidating characters that I have ever seen. I don’t know how anybody could look at his performance in such scenes as the last three in the episode titled Crawl Space, the opening one in Say My Name, and the “I am the one who knocks” scene, and argue against him being one of the greatest actors of our time. Without missing a single beat, he has taken a dying man with morally-acceptable reasons for making drugs and turned him into an ego-driven, power-hungry psycho who wants to rule the world. He, as he said, is in the empire business. Breaking Bad’s hero is now also its biggest villain. The escalation of repugnancy of his bad deeds has been very deliberate, going from minor ones in the first season, to terrible, selfish crimes in season five. He’s nine-tenths of the way to fully breaking bad. You can be certain that in the last instalment this summer he’ll take the final step. From the excellent opening scene of the most recent series, set one year into the future, we know exactly where Walt’s bad deeds eventually lead him to. How he gets there has led me to spend a large amount of time thinking and wondering. Given the ending of the season, the shit is bound to explode from the fan in the final eight episodes. I just hope eight will be enough to give the show the conclusion that it deserves. It promises to be incredible.

While the best scene ever is highly debateable, I’ve converted two people to the show by showing this to them, along with the two scenes that come before it. This, along with the endings to One Minute and the last two episodes of season three, Dead Freight in season five, and a few others, left me physically shaking the first time I saw it. Relatively big spoilers contained within.

Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Homeland, and everything else can wait. If you are not watching this show, you really need to be. This isn’t some hyperbolic horsecrap that I’m coming out with. It’s very real. I’m as addicted to Breaking Bad as the druggies of New Mexico are to Heisenberg’s blue meth.

Chrissy Benny Wah
Legend

Post by Chrissy Benny Wah » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Anticipation...

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Oh my god!
It's Chrissy Benny Wah!

He's returned the global mod has returned.

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:49 am

August 11th is marked on my Calendar.

Anticipation is an understatement.
Image Image

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:09 am

Given that this is supposed to be the last season, It will be special to watch events unfold. It's really a pickle where this whole thing could end up, because they have so many loose ends with a series finale they can tie up. We have this Hank business, that's gonna be the first episode, presumably, so we're gonna drive through that. The big anticipation is to how this will actually end, they have so many different routes, and several characters we've invested in. Is it gonna end in absolute violence, everyone we love in this show, are they gonna die? Or will there be some happily-ever-after element to this? Or hell, will Walter go to Jail, perhaps the cancer comes back and strikes hard?

This will be a big finale.