Dark Knight rises

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
Malice
Mid Carder

Re: Dark Knight rises

Post by Malice » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm so excited. Can't believe it's finally here. Between Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit, I don't think I've ever been more stoked for movies in a year.
LORDmalice.
The IWC marks out for me.

Malice
Mid Carder

Post by Malice » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:34 pm

Bane is also going to blow people's mindssssss. I love Bane. That is all.
LORDmalice.

Malice
Mid Carder

Post by Malice » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:09 am

DARK KNIGHT RISES MIDNIGHT PREMIER TONIGHT. FUCK YEAH. WHO'S GOING? I"M EXCITED.
LORDmalice.

Mini Bennett
VIP Member
Twitter: IAmLordBennett

Post by Mini Bennett » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:38 am

Hey everyone, enjoy Batman. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the fact that I saw it long before 90% of the World. :D

I'll just say that while Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been getting a lot of well deserved praise, Tom Hardy's Bane was so brutal and unnerving it'll make you forget all about the hilarity that was the Batman & Robin 1997 film.

Malice
Mid Carder

Post by Malice » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:56 am

Mini Bennett wrote:Hey everyone, enjoy Batman. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the fact that I saw it long before 90% of the World. :D

I'll just say that while Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been getting a lot of well deserved praise, Tom Hardy's Bane was so brutal and unnerving it'll make you forget all about the hilarity that was the Batman & Robin 1997 film.
Well look at Mr Cool Guy! ;)

Tom Hardy did a phenomenal job as Bane. I really am irked that people are saying his role wasn't as good as Ledger's. I think given the character, Hardy stepped his game up big time. Not saying he was better than Ledger, but just saying that the two have very different characters and cannot be compared.

I was also surprised that Anne Hathaway was a decent Catwoman.

Amazing movie. Sad the trilogy has ended.
LORDmalice.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Plan on see this either Tuesday or Wednesday once the crowds are down a bit.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

The Joof
Developmental Talent

Post by The Joof » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:23 am

My one gripe with the movie was that once Talia revealed herself, Bane became a generic bodyguard character who died, like... instantly. It was a bit disappointing, as I personally found the character much more interesting that Ledger's Joker.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Bane was a badass till he became Talias bitch but kudos to anne hathaway as catwoman once again nolans casting made the villains believable threats to batman . can see them making a spin off with nightwing now instead of going with robin.

And finaly how fucking awesome was the batwing

coco
Mid Carder

Post by coco » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Well Bane has a soft spot for Talia in the comic too so I was glad they did manage to show that side of him in the movie. I thought the characterization of Bane was spot on. Fanboys get so fixated on just the look of the character that they forget the true essence and archetypes they represent. Bane was physically brutal and mentally genius. I loved it.

Catwoman was really good too. I understand what Nolan said about Anne being able to tell the story of her character without speaking about it. The face change in her first encounter with Wayne was just unreal. I was a bit dissapointed with her killing Bane with the batpod but then again, she kills black mask in the comic with a gun so a cheap shot like that to Bane is again something that goes along well with the character.

Bane droping batman on his knee gave me a batgasm in almost started a YES! chant ala DB lol
towney007 wrote:Oh and btw... to the 'duhhhhhhhh *drool* Taker don't wear no suitz~' comment: **Shows picture of Calaway in a suit**
Svck my d~ck with sh!t on it.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:02 am

yeah that was awesome the story line was reminisent of nightfall and no mans land with a bit of long halloween thrown in to