My Classic Cartoon DVD Collection

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
gutterhippo
VIP Member

My Classic Cartoon DVD Collection

Post by gutterhippo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:20 pm

My name is gutterhippo, I am 28 years old, I have a girlfriend, I am 7 months shy of obtaining a Ph.D., and I confess that I still watch cartoons. And not only that, but I have spent an embarrassing amount of money on cartoon DVD's. With that, ladies and gents, I present to you my cartoon DVD collection... I mostly go for having a little of everything, rather than having multiple boxed sets of the same show. Any glaring omissions? Have your own collection? Want to make fun of me? I'd love to hear from ya!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image Image

TheLyontamer

Re: My Classic Cartoon DVD Collection

Post by TheLyontamer » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:29 pm

"My name is gutterhippo" is probably the greatest opening line in the history of brutally honest, soul-exposing, pull-no-punches confessions. Fantastic. :lol:

Very nice collection, man. I'm a fan of just about every cartoon that you listed, and watch them all from time to time. It's certainly nothing to be ashamed of. Can't claim to have spent quite as much money on them, though :P .

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:26 pm

Much respect to all the old-school cartoons on that list gutter.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Where exactly did you come up with Gutterhippo accually?

gutterhippo
VIP Member

Post by gutterhippo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks mates, I actually got into collecting 'em after a guy on these forums (TRS maybe?) posted the link to www.tvshowsondvd.com, which keeps track of DVD releases and has a feature where they track sales on Amazon.com. Admittedly not the best use of my money, but who doesn't love a trip down memory lane from time to time?

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:09 pm

I remember Wait till you father gets home! was on Teletoon Retro 2 years ago for a short time
that I had the channel soon it was off that channel but enjoyed watching numerous episodes hear
and there.

and i've also seen.
Original TMNT :)
Garfield
Yogi Bear
Rocky and Bullwinkle
and i'm surprised that i'm not the only Inspector Gadget fan in here I was accually gonna do a post
a while back on him but glad to see even a thing about him on here such a nice show for the boredom
time of the day.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Add Batman The Animated Series, some Hey Arnold, All That, Kennan and Kel, and maybe the Animaniacs and that would be a kickass cartoon line up gutter!

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

gutterhippo
VIP Member

Post by gutterhippo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:53 am

Big slim wrote:Add Batman The Animated Series, some Hey Arnold, All That, Kennan and Kel, and maybe the Animaniacs and that would be a kickass cartoon line up gutter!
Batman is definitely on my list, as is '93 X-Men. And good call on the Animaniacs as well. I've stayed away from most of the newer Nickelodeon releases, as well as some of the newer Hanna Barbara, only because they're manufacture-on-demand, which as I understand it means that when you order it, they use standard DVD-R recording equipment to burn you a copy, and still charge you $20-30. There are usually no extras or special features. It's more or less what you could do by yourself with a torrent program.
isrs4life wrote:and i'm surprised that i'm not the only Inspector Gadget fan in here I was accually gonna do a post a while back on him but glad to see even a thing about him on here such a nice show for the boredom time of the day.
I think I paid somewhere around $10 for that one, and now it looks like it's out-of-print and commanding huge prices on Amazon. Random fact about the show: in the first episode of the series, Inspector Gadget had a thick mustache. They had to change it when they got a complaint from the studio that makes the Pink Panther saying that the character too closely resembled Inspector Clouseau.

stonecoldnimrod
Twitter: stonecoldnimrod

Post by stonecoldnimrod » Sat May 18, 2013 11:55 am

i wouldn;t call it a classics collection, but i have every season of the simpsons that's been released on dvd (1-15, 20), and all 7 volumes of futurama. i do have the first 2 volumes of the ninja turtles that you posted above, and i have some EXTREMELY old vhs tapes of mighty mouse & bugs bunny. if i come across some extra cash, i'd love to get my hands on the ninja turtles episodes box set that comes in the turtle van.

bet that once the old 70's batman tv show series is released on dvd i'll be getting my hands on it too.
facebook.com/houstonwrestlingradio

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Wed May 22, 2013 8:26 pm

OK.
I'm Mafwanix. I've been around this board for 10+ years, and I'm an old fart. My participation here puts my mental state in question, considering I'm approaching retirement. To further indicate my senility, I love cartoons. Probably a genetic trait; my father told me, my grandfather, back in the 1940's, before TV, often took all the neighborhood kids to the movies on Saturdays. Just so he had an excuse to watch the cartoons.

As you may expect, the cartoons I love are all pretty much from the period prior to 1970. Especially the Warners and early Popeyes. The MGM Tom and Jerry's. They used to show these in the theater before the feature films, in the 60's. The 1960's also had all the great Hanna-Barbera stuff on TV, as well. That's what I like.

Of modern cartoons, I'm a fan of SpongeBob. It is done in a style reminiscent of those old cartoons I love.

Check this out: The Jonny Quest opening, lovingly done in stop motion animation by fans who "remember how cool 60's cartoons were":