eobversion1

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:23 pm

Tonight's the night.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Hard to believe that including tonight there's only 7 episodes left.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Here we go! Alas, my channel is on a 10-minute delay.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 pm

Hmm...

That is a lot to unpack

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:41 pm

That Jon Snow sure knows how to knock on a door. I wish I knew how to knock like that.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:44 pm

INCEST IS THE BEST-CEST~!

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Dynasty
Title Contender

Post by Dynasty » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:13 pm

Somewhere Canuk cries as the memory of Ygrit is washed away as Jon Snow thrusts the white-haired beauty.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:14 am

That was a hell of a finale! It ran the gamut of emotions from first minute to last.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:23 am

It was definitely enjoyable, a big improvement over last week. After the fourth episode, the pacing became brutal. You have so many characters converging but a hesitancy on the part of the showrunners to do anything really bold with it and when they try it feels a little half baked. It feels very top heavy characterwise since we have so many who have been given so much to do over the years and add so much to the show that it feels like Benioff and Weiss don't know what to do with them and if they do they want to save it for the very end and send a bunch of them off at once. Throughout the season you felt them accelerate the pace, make things up as they went along and then write themselves into a corner sometimes all at once. If their heart wasn't in it I think they should have hit a big pause button to figure out how to send the show off a bit better.

It's clear that it's gone from a serialized adaptation of a George R. R. Martin novel series to a piece of pop culture and I think it's a little too self-aware overall. Overall, as someone who hasn't been a fan of the show's sometimes lethargic pacing in the past (hello Seasons 3 &4), it's after over adjusting a way too cartoonishly. It really does feel like they're planning Avengers Infinity War for Season 8. I miss the sobering cruelty that challenges the audience and the staid aesthetics that added weight to previous seasons. There's just no space for that on the show now and that's a shame.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:11 pm

The more I think about it the more the sequence of Jamie leaving King's Landing as the snow started to fall was my favourite part of the finale. There was a admirable sense of staidness to it rarely found in other parts of the season.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Here's to hoping they bring back their best directors like Jack Bender, David Nutter and Miguel Sapochnik for the final season. It really seemed like they had the B team on duty this year.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:09 am

Something just didn't feel up to the same standard with the season, in retrospect. It had plenty of intense moments and kept me on the edge of my seat, but once you got over the initial emotional pull, the entire season just didn't seem to have that same high standard of quality that the previous seasons did. I keep thinking it's to do with the whole Dave and Dan trying to write GRRM without GRRM's finished source material thing that I elaborated on before, but I think you might also be on to something with the directors. There's very rarely any consistency in the directing chair and no two directors are going to have the same vision of how to properly tell the story and that's not getting into each one's style and ability.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:48 am

I think their choices this season were very poor, Jeremy Podeswa and Alan Taylor weren't up to the episodes they were given that combined with Weiss & Benioff's pacing choices made for a strange season. It felt like there was no one there to reign the material in, refocus or rework it.

Here's to hoping they bring back some vets from previous seasons to send the series home properly.

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:23 pm

Well, HBO isn't going to make us wait too long. The Season 7 DVD/Blu ray is scheduled to come out 12 Dec.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Sweet