Post by BioticZombie » Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 pm

THQ: Business geniuses.
Image Image

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Re: WWE '13 (proper hyphen) Discussion Thread

Post by Jama7301 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 pm

I wish you could change the commentary teams. The commentary teams would be preset, but I just miss hearing Striker on commentary.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Wed May 30, 2012 8:33 pm

Yeah this coming out near Assassin's Creed 3 will really hurt early sales. And yeah it can't be worse than '12 so while I have been complaining about it I probably will still spend the 60 bones one the game.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Thu May 31, 2012 9:02 am

I'm not buying another WWE game until I check the reviews. Last year's effort was softer than Thaddeus Young.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

metallicamaniac
Hall Of Famer

Post by metallicamaniac » Thu May 31, 2012 12:57 pm

I dunno why everyone bitches about WWE 12...well never mind I do. Everyone expects everything WWE related to be a clone of No Mercy. You all are stuck in a space time continuum where No Mercy is a great game. True as it is, but anybody that will seriously wait on reviews that are generally written by lovers of RPG and FPS for a wrestling game are gullible. The best way to find out if you like a game is spend the three or four bucks at a redbox and rent it for a few days. To me, I saw a hybrid of No Mercy and Day of Reckoning 2 in WWE 12 and enjoyed it thoroughly. Were there glitches and other problems? Yes there was, just like in any introductory software for a new line.

In short, if you are willing to blow games off six months before it's release...there is no pleasing you. Hook up the 64 and try to make a Super Dragon CAW complete with the curb stomp and psycho driver...good luck with that.
Dusk dismantled
Combustion's convergence with our existence
Dusk dismantled
We are the infinitesimal

OneManX
Title Contender

Post by OneManX » Thu May 31, 2012 2:50 pm

You can't make a decent Psycho Driver in the WWE games... hell you can barely make any driver in those games...

So yeah... just add more effing moves. I dont care about anything else, I just want to be able to dick around in CAW mode and just make aweome stuff me and my friends can mess around with online.

As for No Mercy, i thought it was fun, but yeah we need to move past that game, times have changed AKI is gone.
Co-Host of the WV Independent Roundtable

Master of Satsui no Hadou

ImageImage
YAO~!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu May 31, 2012 7:05 pm

El Canuck wrote:I think the problem THQ is having with getting good sales from its games is not that the games are outright bad, it's that the fans keep expecting No Mercy 2 every...single...time. Unless THQ brings AKI/Asmik Ace back into the fold and boots Yukes to the curb, it's not going to happen. Not now, not ever. The closest you'll come to a No Mercy sequel on this side of the globe is that first Def Jam game, which was developed by AKI and used the No Mercy engine primarily.

I heard the same backlash towards 8, because they switched to thumbstick grapples, now a similar problem in switching back. I thought both games had their merits, and their flaws, as did SVR '06 and '07, and same applies to DoR 1 and 2. I have to say, in all my years of gaming, I've never met a more fickle bunch of gamers than the early twenty-something Wrestling gamers who won't shut the fuck up complaining that every WWE game since the N64 isn't like No Mercy. They're not going to be, and there never will be another unless the financially destitute THQ can somehow scrounge up the money to get AKI/Asmik Ace (which was the original reason for dropping them, Yukes came cheaper, even if SmackDown 1 and 2 paled in comparison to their contemporaries WM 2000 and No Mercy.) back on board. I can see THQ going under before they take that gamble.

Bottom line, No Mercy's gone, stop whining.
Pretty much what I said here, Metallicamaniac, we're right on the same page. ^

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:26 am

metallicamaniac wrote:I dunno why everyone bitches about WWE 12...well never mind I do. Everyone expects everything WWE related to be a clone of No Mercy. You all are stuck in a space time continuum where No Mercy is a great game. True as it is, but anybody that will seriously wait on reviews that are generally written by lovers of RPG and FPS for a wrestling game are gullible. The best way to find out if you like a game is spend the three or four bucks at a redbox and rent it for a few days. To me, I saw a hybrid of No Mercy and Day of Reckoning 2 in WWE 12 and enjoyed it thoroughly. Were there glitches and other problems? Yes there was, just like in any introductory software for a new line.

In short, if you are willing to blow games off six months before it's release...there is no pleasing you. Hook up the 64 and try to make a Super Dragon CAW complete with the curb stomp and psycho driver...good luck with that.
I "bitch" about it because the game play was average, the RTWM mode was boring apart from the WCW invasion angle. I'm tired of stupid shit like being able to throw the Big Show, and Kane around like they are 5'10'' 175. There's not much differentiating, and the best wrestlers on the roster (Cena, Orton) in a 1 v 1 match are easy to beat. It's not substantially different to beat Curt Hawkins, and then John Cena. Cena might do more counters, but in the end, it's still not overly difficult.

So, IMO, it's not whether it's like No Mercy or not, it's because I thought the game sucked. I hardly even played No Mercy, so that is not my barometer for WWE video games.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Luckily weight detection snuck its way back in WWE 13 from what I've heard.
Image Image

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:09 pm

Wasn't that in one of the older SvR games? I think '07 had something like that, but I may be wrong.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:51 pm

It's not new to the 3D wrestling games, but never has been properly utilized to actually give a proper feel. No matter which game tried to use it, you could still give Big Show a powerbomb with Rey Mysterio, is what I'm trying to say.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:13 am

I got a chance to check out the game at a local Best Buy.

Very fun. It has my money already, although for those with doubts about the series, you'll be glad to know this year is a major improvement. There's still issues, like the game being mildly glitchy at times. I don't doubt people in the near future people'll say this wasn't really all that great like they hoped.

However, there's certainly a lot to it. Even after hours of playing it, I really think it's one of the best in years.

Greg's mentioned about his disapproval about no RPG-elements in the game, but luckily in Universe Mode you actually can control the decisions at some points.

The all-new create an arena practically brings endless possibilities, which only complements Universe mode when it comes to making your own show.

So yeah, there's still issues, and this isn't a review, but I just want to say everybody should be happy if they pick it up.
Image Image

OneManX
Title Contender

Post by OneManX » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 am

I like what they are doing... Kinda shitty that the move pack is DLC, but I think the roster is pretty cash, and there are some pretty good deep cuts in terms of who they have in. Still kinda bummed that there are copies of characters considering some of what they are holding for DLC could of easily been on the starter roster, but they are releasing against Assassin's Creed 3...

DEY DONE FUCKED UP!
Co-Host of the WV Independent Roundtable

Master of Satsui no Hadou

ImageImage
YAO~!

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Same reason i'm gonna trade in some old games for a discounted price on both.

I've never bought two new games at once though, so it's going to be weird juggling my investment.

But yeah, having to wait to use the kimura lock till January is ass.
Image Image

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Stupid Christmas shopping season always means the best games get released in a clusterfuck together. Same thing happened with WWE '12, AC Revelations and Skyrim last year. I ended up plunking down the cash for the first two within a week of release and getting the latter on a Boxing Day sale. (That's a thing here in Canada, although it's americanizing and going all U.S Thanksgiving sale since last year)

GSDave
VIP Member
Twitter: GetSauced

Post by GSDave » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:35 pm

El Canuck wrote:Stupid Christmas shopping season always means the best games get released in a clusterfuck together. Same thing happened with WWE '12, AC Revelations and Skyrim last year. I ended up plunking down the cash for the first two within a week of release and getting the latter on a Boxing Day sale. (That's a thing here in Canada, although it's americanizing and going all U.S Thanksgiving sale since last year)
We have Boxing Day sale's here in Aus to, and its a great time to pick up a cheap game or two for the holiday period.

I am definitely going to buy WWE 13, but AC3 has my money for now. WWE13 is a holiday purchase.
David Byrne - Regional Manager - Southern Hemisphere Division

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeah I am getting the game when I get paid next on the sixth, but AC3 had get get my money first.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:19 am

So DLC comes out tomorrow with Ryback, Tensai, Yoshi Tatsu, Drew McIntyre (3 MAAAAAN BAND) and Natyla. Probably missed a guy or two.
Image Image

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Too bad my internet connection SUCKS.

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Oh yeaj. AJ and some many titles are included.
Image Image