Mad Men

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Mad Men

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Donald Draper is a boss. Mad Men discussion goes here, for me, the best show on TV. Tis very awesome.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

The Joof
Developmental Talent

Re: Mad Men

Post by The Joof » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:23 am

It is, indeed, "bauss".

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:30 am

Great episode, shame Peggy left. Hope her character remains active in the show because Elizabeth Moss has done very well, and her character has progressed enormously since the pilot.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

The Joof
Developmental Talent

Post by The Joof » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:02 am

Not sure how I feel about this season. Instead of the usual batch of "great" episodes, it seems to vary between an "amazing" episode, followed by two or three weeks of "meh" episodes...

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:54 pm

I would agree with that to an extent. I was a big fan of the last episode though, and I think they are building to something big to end the season. I'm worried that Roger Sterling might die. He's my favorite character at the moment, but with 1 heart attack, and his lifestyle, I can see it coming.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

The Joof
Developmental Talent

Post by The Joof » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:37 am

Red_And_Yellow wrote:I would agree with that to an extent. I was a big fan of the last episode though, and I think they are building to something big to end the season. I'm worried that Roger Sterling might die. He's my favorite character at the moment, but with 1 heart attack, and his lifestyle, I can see it coming.
Well, you were close.

Jared Harris gave me an hour of television tonight that was almost literally heartbreaking, and the shot of him in his office after he was discovered by Don, Roger and Pete is going to haunt me for a long time.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Yea, that was an insane last episode. Christina Hendricks had a great performance that final scene as well when Don and Roger come walking into the office. I guess I should have seen Lane Price's suicide with the check coming. I could just feel Lane was going to kill himself, and when the car didn't work, I figured he was going to shoot himself in his office. The hanging was just unbelievable. The body and everything was just so real. They managed to make a sleazy character, a tragic, fallen figure in a span of 30 minutes of TV.

I loved that last scene with Don letting Glenn drive his car home. Don had a huge revelation in life, and I wonder if we'll see his character alter at all next episode. I think next week is the finale too, right?

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

The Joof
Developmental Talent

Post by The Joof » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:54 am

When he was in the office typing up his letter, I thought he'd simply given up on killing himself and decided to take what was left of his pride and resign; which was, I think, a huge underestimation on my part on how distraught he actually was.

Peggy is gone, Lane is gone... I'm actually a little worried about the finale, and whether it'll top the last few episodes. Everything since Roger's LSD trip (and to an extent, the episode where three different events where shown at once, I forget the actual title) has been absolutely superb.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Yea, I'm so stoked for the finale. How do they expect me to wait 5 days?

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

The Joof
Developmental Talent

Post by The Joof » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:48 am

Bit of a "meh" finale I thought. It was interesting seeing shades of the "old" Don at the very end of the episode.

I suspect Pete and Trudy will divorce/be divorced by the end of the next season, given Pete's current temperament.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:20 am

Underwhelming, but given the two episodes which preceded it, I feel there was little that could be done to top what they did the last two weeks. They tied up some loose ends. I wonder how many more times Pete Campbell will get his ass kicked in the series. I love seeing him get punched. I never really cared for the storyline with Beth (think that was her name).

Roger being naked in front of all of New York was hilarious. He's an awesome character, easily my favorite. Maybe for Halloween, if I dress up, I'll go as him.

I feel I need to see the scene with Don and Lane's wife again, as I'm not sure why she was so hostile. Maybe I missed something at the very beginning, but Don was very cordial, and gave her Lane's investment back in the company. I thought it was a great gesture. It seemed she was semi blaming him for his suicide.

Loved the symbolism of the last scene with Megan working on the commercial. Everything was bright, vibrant, and colorful. As if to say, her career is blooming. Don wearing his standard black suit, walking through a pitch black room. Almost like he's going into his twilight. Then, he is at a perfectly, well lit bar, and a hot woman sends her friend to hit on him. He gets a wide smile, end season.

This whole season, hoards of people were begging for old school Don Draper. The last two episodes showed us he still has it in him, and I wonder if we'll see him, and Megan going through a divorce in Season 6. It seems he's growing resentment for her acting career.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Mad Men is easily the best show on T.V., I have yet to come across a show that's so authentic in terms of dialogue, cultural context and aesthetic that's so brilliantly filmed on the budget it has. It really takes advantage of writing outside the box, instead of taking advantage of the conventional plot driven narrative which it has it also attempts to translate to the audience a genuine feel of nostalgia and sentimentality whether or not you were even born in the sixties. It's not a causal chain, as the series and time evolves attitudes change and characters are affected in very interesting ways that's very organic, none more evident than the cases of Pete and Lane in series 5. That coupled with a brilliant cast and soundtrack make it the best show on T.V. I can't wait for season 6.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”