Next Gen Consoles

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: Next Gen Consoles

Post by El Canuck » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:42 pm

Seconded on not buying a console that expensive.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:23 pm

I think I will use my console money (if I get any =( ) on buying a cool PC for gaming. My geekness started playing DOTA 2 on Steam and I think the NES had better graphics than my laptop.

stonecoldnimrod
Twitter: stonecoldnimrod

Post by stonecoldnimrod » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:54 pm

i bought the wii u at the midnight launch (being a nintendo geek guy), and only used it about 5 or 6 times. granted, those times were at least 2 hours at a time. loved nintendoland alot, but played alone all the time, so i didn't try all the mini games. between the f-zero and donkey kong mini games, i was hooked, but didn't want to wear it out. didn't want to blast through new mario in a week so i took my time. so much so, that i didn't even go past the first world. got caught up on games from the 360, and still playing mario kart wii online. i ended up selling it on ebay a few weeks ago at a $100 loss. i like the tech, but not many games that i can get addicted to. once a new mario kart, new smash bros, and hopefully a new mario galaxt hit the shelves i'll buy a new wii u.

as far as sony and microsoft, if either system goes the route of disabling used/rental copies on their consoles, i'm out automatically. for me that's a dealbreaker. lately, most of my most recent purchases (sonic all stars racing transformed, fight night champion, and black ops 2 - though the cod franchise isn't new, it's the first cod game i paid full price for brand new during initial release) have been because of having a rental copy for a few days as a test run. other than that, there isn't anything that is swaying me either way to a new console. there's still great games for both current consoles, and i'm not in a rush to invest in another next gen machine.
facebook.com/houstonwrestlingradio