XBOX ONE!!!!!11111ONE

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

XBOX ONE!!!!!11111ONE

Post by Robmayn » Tue May 21, 2013 4:51 pm

So the next XBOX has been revealed. It is named XBOX ONE. It will require the next get Kinect to be plugged in order to function. It is not backwards compatible. It will need for you to install the games on the console and will not let you use used games unless you pay an extra fee. Bitch please, I will keep playing on my PC for a long while.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: XBOX ONE!!!!!11111ONE

Post by El Canuck » Tue May 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Welp, won't be buying one of those.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer

Post by Robmayn » Tue May 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Sony shares rose after this announcement, lol.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue May 21, 2013 8:19 pm

They get my purchase next time I upgrade a console. I mean, it's like X-Box doesn't even want to compete.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Tue May 21, 2013 11:25 pm

El Canuck wrote:They get my purchase next time I upgrade a console. I mean, it's like X-Box doesn't even want to compete.

Anyways, the used games rumors have been dispelled. While the details are still murky, you don't have to condemn "X-Box" (Xbox, you goddamn douche) yet. While I'm still not hyped myself, you can easily bet this is going to be the best home console. If you're interested in buying that $800 Netflix machine that is the PS3, well, okay.
Image Image

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue May 21, 2013 11:41 pm

I didn't say I was going to be buying either of them on release day. I've never bought a console anywhere in the vicinity of its release period so I won't be plunking down major cash on either of them. It'll be a few years before I wade into the next gen, things could definitely change between now and then, and I'm more than happy collecting vintage RPG's as it is to even think about new consoles.

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 pm

I'm on the same boat as you, for the record. I'm not immediately buying anything this year, especially when this is the first time I'm kind of debating whether or not I want to give up playing my Xbox 360 so soon.
Image Image

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed May 22, 2013 12:09 am

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft- ... ce-6408698

If this works out to be true though, X-Box will only hurt itself. All the folks at Sony have to do is not follow this suit, and they'll win over anyone that wants to buy used games to play on their gaming console. Which at last check, was almost every member of the gaming community.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:15 am

That's what I love about my ps3 i can still play san andreas on it. In my opinion the best gta game out the lot .

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer

Post by Robmayn » Wed May 22, 2013 3:12 pm

I don't understand the sheared game in the same account thing. So that means that I have to call the dude who gave me the game and ask him to give me his account password?

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Thu May 23, 2013 9:28 am

I won't be buying a PS$ or an Xbox One, I'll just keep my PS3, because it and the 360 will still be having games released on them. I probably won't upgrade for at least 3 or 4 years. And BZ will you shut the hell up with calling Nucks a douche. It is as old as a CM Punk promo.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Thu May 23, 2013 10:17 am

Not until Nucks stops makes douchey commentary, especially on subjects like this when THE FUCKING DETAILS HAVEN'T BEEN RELEASED YOU GIANT DOUCHE.
Image Image

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Thu May 23, 2013 10:17 am

*making

Pardon me.
Image Image

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Apparently Eurogamer put out an article saying that the Microsoft is going to continue to not let indie devs self-publish on the Xbox One. Any game without a publisher must go through Microsoft or another publisher if they want it on the system.

Man, after hearing how bad Microsoft was on the 360 with indie games (what with the huge fees just for patching the game), I wonder if thers's going to be an exodus to the PS4 for console indies.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm

I don't need any more details though, I could care less about the individual specs, both consoles are very impressive, all I really care about, is when I do eventually plunk down cash for a console, that I can turn around and walk into my favourite game store or EB Games if that former is gone belly up by then, and buy used games unencumbered. 80% of my collection was bought second hand, if they fuck with that, they don't get my money. This is very straightforward, and right now, X-Box, even if they haven't confirmed it 100%, are at least flirting with the idea of doing that. That disgusts me greatly, and I share that disgust. Yes, I'm a douche for saying less than flattering things about mega-corporations and their products. We've covered this already, move. the fuck. on.

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer

Post by Robmayn » Thu May 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Jama7301 wrote:Apparently Eurogamer put out an article saying that the Microsoft is going to continue to not let indie devs self-publish on the Xbox One. Any game without a publisher must go through Microsoft or another publisher if they want it on the system.

Man, after hearing how bad Microsoft was on the 360 with indie games (what with the huge fees just for patching the game), I wonder if thers's going to be an exodus to the PS4 for console indies.
They will be able to self-publish, just that not on the Arcade section. They will appear on an "indie" section and if they want to be on the mainstream sections they have to get a deal with a publisher. Still kind of sucky.

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Mon May 27, 2013 10:45 pm

El Canuck wrote:I don't need any more details though, I could care less about the individual specs, both consoles are very impressive, all I really care about, is when I do eventually plunk down cash for a console, that I can turn around and walk into my favourite game store or EB Games if that former is gone belly up by then, and buy used games unencumbered. 80% of my collection was bought second hand, if they fuck with that, they don't get my money. This is very straightforward, and right now, X-Box, even if they haven't confirmed it 100%, are at least flirting with the idea of doing that. That disgusts me greatly, and I share that disgust. Yes, I'm a douche for saying less than flattering things about mega-corporations and their products. We've covered this already, move. the fuck. on.

There is no fee when you buy used games. The only thing that's different now is that you have to authenticate the game you're playing. Which means when you pop in a game, used or not, IT belongs to your account and only your account.

So basically, have no fear, you CAN stock up your library through used games with no problem. The only issue with this new system is the complicated process of letting friends play your games on different accounts. There in lies that problem, but it doesn't seem to be of your concern since you were just worried about being able to buy used games.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/24/43637 ... entication
Image Image

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon May 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Well that's just super...Except for the fact that it leaves huge logical gaps, such as:
He suggested that the Xbox One would phone home once every 24 hours to make sure games were being played by their owners, and that friends could play a game for free as long as an authenticated owner was logged in with their account. Polygon's sources say the authentication might possibly be waived for certain groups that might have extreme difficulty authenticating, like active military personnel.
Which translates to needing to be nearly "Always On Line". I'm currently sitting on a promise of high speed internet, I'm not the only one on this continent to not live in a broadband or fiber-op connected center, which means I have little to no online access. So my games, if I had an X-Box One right now, could never phone home, let alone every 24 hours. Shit, out of luck there.
But if so, it sounds like used game purchases wouldn't work the same way, and it's not clear how Microsoft will differentiate between a disc you let a friend borrow and one you resell. We're also still curious how (or if) the company will make money on used games if it's not charging buyers or sellers.
This right here is the biggest thing, and it should of caused you to not even post this article, as it backs up exactly what I'm saying. They want to get in on people sharing games, but have no clear way to differentiate between borrowed and sold games. And why would they bother? They can slip this technology in under the guise of stopping the evil people who share games with each other like common whores and get rid of those nasty people looking to save a few bucks by buying a perfectly good copy of a game that the original user no longer had use for. Truly heinous acts that need the genius minds at Microsoft's full attention to curb the petty pocket change they lose through such hardened criminals. I mean, they're so concerned about getting every single gamer to buy a brand spanking new copy of each and every game in their collection, that they've not only thought about this technology, they've green lighted it, and rolled this out as a FEATURE of the console at the press conference.

Wow X-Box, way to sell me on your...Media machine. I'll be playing my old RPG's on old Video Game consoles that both still work, and allow me to play used games.

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Mon May 27, 2013 11:26 pm

...why do I bother explaining things to you?
Image Image

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue May 28, 2013 9:57 am

Because you're a teenager, and you're predisposed to think you know what you're talking about. I can say that, because I'm a douche.