XBOX ONE!!!!!11111ONE

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
BioticZombie
Legend

Re: XBOX ONE!!!!!11111ONE

Post by BioticZombie » Tue May 28, 2013 10:53 am

You've stated yourself, and I'm not bullshitting you here, that "all I really care about, is when I do eventually plunk down cash for a console, that I can turn around and walk into my [game] store...and buy used games"

Now you're bitching about something you never had a problem with in the first hand. And for what? Because Microsoft is a big evil corporation set on stealing your hard earned money? Oh please, get out of here with that shit.

Used games were your issue, and it's been resolved. I'm not trying to sell you the damn thing here, but you should know full details of this product before condemning it. . I don't know everything, and I can freely admit that, but from what I understand, YOU CAN BUY USED GAMES. So passing off your cynical commentary as cold hard facts against a console that hasn't even been fucking dropped.
Image Image

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue May 28, 2013 12:25 pm

No, you dolt, did you read the article at all? They have full intention of instituting the technology to make games active on one account. They have no way of differentiating if its a shared game or a resell. Read between the lines kid, they're going to drop the used games market on their head with this one, or will at least try.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Tue May 28, 2013 5:18 pm

But the details are still sketchy. Nothing's on the ground yet. You're irritated because Microsoft "fancies" the authentication system, while that is, the facts are murky. Either way, your game store is not going to see a shortage of used Xbox One games at their store. There's going to be more complicated process obtaining said games, that's for sure. But only when the console drops, you can be sure used games are still going to be a thing.
Image Image

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue May 28, 2013 7:06 pm

One point I'll give X-Box is that they're doing away with Microsoft Points, it was greedily designed from the get go, making game prices and point to dollar prices off from each other to buy far more points than you needed. I bring this up because they'll make you pay a fee to use a game that's already been activated. The fee will likely be enough that even at the cheaper used price, you'll end up paying as much or more than you would for a new copy. For example, say a new game costs $60, since it's a recent release, GameStop/EB Games would probably sell it for $50 used. You buy a used copy, and the fee on X-Box Live to activate on your account will be $10 or $12, meaning you'll spend the same amount as you would to buy it brand new.

Also, note this guy:

That's Adam Orth, you might remember him as the "Always Online" guy who was lambasted for his comments on his Twitter (which is now private) when he was an employee of Mircosoft. Most people bought his schtick and were relieved when he was fired. However, he pulled a political ploy my own provincial government just pulled when handing down the budget: Forecast worse than you plan to do, then what you plan to do seems mild by comparison.

Orth's "plans" sent gamers into an outrage. By comparison, not being able to share games is minor by comparison, at least once they're registered and installed they can be played offline to your leisure right?! Classic political gambit, and it worked. When the reveal came, what was announced wasn't as bad as it could of been, because X-Box got rid of Orth, right? Wrong.

Here's how X-Box One has left me feeling:

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

Post by Legend_Killer » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:52 am

Just get a PS4, everyone else is.

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:26 am

Man, that's sure going to give GameStop a run for their money when everybody comes in December 2013 returning their $400 Facebook machine.
Image Image

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 pm

"oh look something has the option for social media, therefore that's all it's good for"

The social options are just that, optional. I see nothing wrong with the PS4 giving people the option to interact and share their stuff with their friends. Hell, I plan on using the live-streaming thing a few times once I get a PS4.

Reeeealy excited for the new InFamous though for the PS4.

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:26 pm

BioticZombie wrote:Man, that's sure going to give GameStop a run for their money when everybody comes in December 2013 returning their $400 Facebook machine.
Well, I guess that's better than returning a $900 TV machine.

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:11 am

It's still the best gaming machine on the market. You know, 'cause it has games?
Image Image

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Are people still going on about how the new Playstation systems have no games?

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Yes, because they essentially don't. I don't see why people would want a console like that. It's as if they enjoy not having fun.

Oh, and considering Microsoft just completely 180'd their original plans for the Xbox One, fuck you, Nucks.

<3
Image Image

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:55 am

Tell me, what exclusives does the Xbox have that aren't shooters?

Forza and Fable are the only two that come to mind.

I will say this, for a fan of 1st and third person shooters, Microsoft has the leg up, but for every game not of those genres, I'd rather play on a PS3 as of this moment, and I don't see that changing next gen.

PS3 launch lineup was pretty shitty, I'll give you that as well, but I feel that the Playstation has better exclusives for my tastes.

Notable XBOX 360 Exclusives
Ace Combat 6, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Dance Central, Fable series, Forza series, Gears of War series, Halo series, Left 4 Dead series, MineCraft.

Notable PS3 exclusives: Disgaea series, God of War series, Gran Turismo series, Infamous series, ThatGameCompany's lineup of wonderful indie games (Flower, flOw, Journey), LittleBigPlanet series, Ni No Kuni, The Last of Us, Uncharted series, Valkyria Chronicles, MLB The Show series.

I just went down the list of exclusive games, and those are the notable ones that jumped out at me for both systems. I left off ones that I knew of as passing knowledge, and went for ones that had a bit of a bigger following.

Saying that Sony can't call upon this library of exclusive IPs, plus the wealth of non-exclusives coming out, I don't see how that argument holds water any more. Yeah, if you like Halo and Gears, and other games like that, the PlayStation library is sorely lacking, but for RPGs I'd much rather have the PS3.

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:51 pm

I'm sorry, sir. Perhaps I'd ought to direct your attention to the PS3/PS4 thread-oh wait, it doesn't exist.
SpoilerShow
because it sucks
Image Image

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:13 am

Subjective.

But whatevs, I'm glad to be a gamer right now. There's literally a console for everyone right now, and that's great.

And to head back onto the topic, it's good that the XBox One is having a Day One patch to reverse those problems that people were complaining about. While it might cut down on the features they thought would make the "always on" connectivity easier to bear (like the 'family sharing' and the whole 'bring your library with you via downloads'), I feel that it's a better alternative.

But I'm going to say this, and I'm probably in the minority here.

I don't mind things like EA's online passes. I think that's a fine way to recoup loss from a used game sale. $5-$10 seems like a nice price point for an activation fee for a used game. While the introduction of a system like this would be met with unbridled rage, it makes sense, at least to me.

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:22 am

Video games are what's wrong with today's society. You kids are a waste.

Join the army. :x

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer

Post by Robmayn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Little Jimmy wrote:Video games are what's wrong with today's society. You kids are a waste.

Join the army. :x
OK, sir!

*Goes to room and starts playing Battlefield.*

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Video games should be outlawed.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:26 am

Shut up Jimmy.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 am

Don't f**king sass me, Slim. :x

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer

Post by Robmayn » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Who is Jimmy?