XBOX ONE!!!!!11111ONE

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: XBOX ONE!!!!!11111ONE

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:42 pm

BioticZombie wrote:Yes, because they essentially don't. I don't see why people would want a console like that. It's as if they enjoy not having fun.

Oh, and considering Microsoft just completely 180'd their original plans for the Xbox One, fuck you, Nucks.

<3
How is that fuck me? For one, I in no way stated they WOULDN'T backtrack, I was going with their statement that this was how they were planning to go forward. They went back on it, which is excellent news. But I have to buy a Wii and a PS3 for their exclusives before I move up to a new console, I decided. I've only played SSB: Brawl, Mario Kart Wii and New Mario Bros once; and the Mario Galaxy and LoZ: Skyward Sword games not at all. Also, I've yet to play anything in Metal Gear since PS1, none of the Uncharted's or The Last of Us, which I've decided is a MUST play.

Add in to that my retro RPG collection and I'm a busy man for some time before I'll want a next gen console.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Or you can buy a PS4 when it becomes time, because it will be backwards compatible to the PS3

Just sayin'

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Will it? I was given to understand neither PS4 or XBox One would be Backwards compatible...If that's true, that may be an option.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:01 pm

PS4 won't be PHYSICALLY compatible with PS3 but they're going to have some form of digital capabilities to play PS games from ANY generation on PS4, unless I missed something at E4. That seemed like a particularly fruitful fuck you they lobbed at Microsoft

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:10 pm

You're right Goob. The purchase of Gankai or whatever that Streaming game service will serve it, I believe. I'd speculate it works by reading what game you put in, then streams it off the servers, since the hardware will be incompatible. But I think I remember hearing that this feature won't be available right away, might be working out the kinks still.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:20 pm

Sounds awesome though, I think when it does come time to upgrade, PS4 will likely be my choice. First time in any generation (since Sony's had consoles on the market) that I picked Sony's offering as my first choice. Wii U (and Wii in last gen) seems like more of a secondary console to own, as it just doesn't stack to its competitors, so it's been down to PS and X-Box since the last gen anyway.

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Being able to download past titles =/= backwards compatibility.
Image Image

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:40 pm

It's akin to it, it'd save you the money of buying a virtual version and giving it to you based on your purchase of a physical copy. And B-Wards compatibility is not a make or break in my purchase by any means.