List 'em: Your Top Ten Gamecube Games

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
BioticZombie
Legend

List 'em: Your Top Ten Gamecube Games

Post by BioticZombie » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:39 pm

The NES, SNES and N64: All timeless consoles that still can give you an endless amount of fun if you can plug them up even today of this age of gaming.

In my personal opinion, the Nintendo Gamecube also ranks up in the same glory among its predecessors.

While it may not be as popular, fiscally speaking, as other Nintendo consoles, it certainly has a library (including the Gameboy add-on making the entire Gameboy-Gameboy Advance library available on to play on the Gamecube) that would impress any hardcore gamer and casual gamer.

With a unique controller (my favorite controller design only bested by the Xbox 360 controller) and a unique cube shape for a console, the Nintendo Gamecube was certainly nothing less than another masterpiece in Nintendo's console line-up.

Anyways, blah blah, here's my top ten Nintendo Gamecube Games:

10.) Super Monkey Ball 2
9.) Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
8.) Animal Crossing
7.) Super Mario Sunshine
6.) Luigi's Mansion
5.) Resident Evil 4
4.) Super Smash Bros. Melee
3.) Timesplitters: Future Perfect
2.) Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
1.) Metroid Prime (this is probably my favorite game of all time)

For the record, I have yet to play or own The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I certainly will give it a try soon, but there's only two places in my town that still have Gamecube Games in stock.

Honorable mentions to Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc, the original Super Monkey Ball, Viewtiful Joe, the updated ports of Resident Evil, the Mario Party series and everything else I loved.

God I love the Gamecube.
Image Image

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: List 'em: Your Top Ten Gamecube Games

Post by El Canuck » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:00 am

Good call for a list, I was going to go with this generation of consoles when I made the original List 'em's, but the PS2 and X-Box barely had enough unique titles to warrant threads for each, and I left it at that, not thinking that the Cube had a solid exclusive library all its own.

10. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (Most people I knew that didn't like this game only didn't like it due to the slight variation in control from the N64 version. Once you got the hang of it, it was a perfectly fun game.)
9. WWE Day of Reckoning 2 (Quite literally wore out my copy)
8. Super Mario Sunshine (Criminally underrated and just plain, lighthearted fun)
7. Metroid Prime (I liked the sequel a little better, but this game was so stunning for its time)
6. The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (My first GCN game, and it kicks major ass, despite the cartoony graphics)
5. Mario Kart: Double Dash (Interesting new twist in two person Karts, and very fun stages)
4. Resident Evil 4 (It kicked ass that the GameCube got first kick at the can at this)
3. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Such a visually beautiful game)
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee (Still haven't played Brawl, so this is my favourite thus far of the series)
1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (This is in my top 5 Zelda games, just so well done, and controller on the Cube over motion controls on the Wii anyday)

Just realized I don't know the whereabouts of my case of GameCube games, I should track that down.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:29 am

1.Super Smash Bros: Melee
2.Mario Kart: Double Dash
3.WWE Day of Reckoning
4.Resident Evil 4
5.Spider-Man
6.Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Can't think of 4 more games.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:48 am

El Canuck wrote:but the PS2 barely had enough unique titles to warrant threads for each, and I left it at that
Wha...

Seriously?

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Seriously, Nucks? I love the Gamecube, but the PS2 is the easily the best console of its generation, hands down.

Practically EVERYTHING was available on the PS2.
Image Image

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Twisted Metal, God of War, FUCKING SHIT TONS of exclusive RPGs. Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, DDR games (not necessarily popular here), Ace Combat...

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:43 pm

I found most of what the PS2 had, X-Box had, aside from RPG's of course. But I thought it would of been more accurate to just have a List 'Em for that generation as standalone, and I didn't get a PS2 until near the end of that generations life and didn't have enough exclusives played to fill a top ten list of my own. So then I didn't bother and opted to keep it to the most popular consoles from '83 to the end of the millennium.

There, you happy?

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:28 pm

I took care of it boss.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Thank you, Slim, you're a gentleman and a scholar

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Yep. Take a peek at my list. Not much as far as RPGs, but each game holds something special to me.