Star Wars

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
eobversion1

Re: Star Wars

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:42 pm

I hope so, might want to celebrate if I'm lucky enough to avoid being an unemployed schlub again come November.

Is it a co-op game or is single player available?

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Oh..wow. Well then.

I got Battlefront and that is mostly sitting here not getting played. But that did look really tasty. So I'm a little confliicted

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Weirdly I have the same habit in a way. Once I pick up a physical copy of a movie I like on DVD/Bluray I almost never feel like watching it. I have it just to have it nearly.

In all seriousness, it looks like a fun game. An open world GTA style game in the Star Wars universe would be a dream come true but I doubt they would commit the years of development needed to pull that off.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:55 pm

They have multiple gaming projects taking place. I haven't watched the panel so I don't know if the campaign is forced multiplayer like Destiny or if it's offline. They got a TON of criticism for Battlefront I not having any significant single player so I imagine they went balls to the wall for this.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:08 pm

"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:16 pm

Surreal to see Harrison Ford look like he's enjoying himself at a Star Wars event he's not contractually obliged to attend.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Just going to leave this here

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:06 pm

"Here's something I thought I wouldn't do for 30 more years"

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:25 pm

What a sincere tribute. Carrie will be missed so much by Star Wars fans and those from all around the industry and the world at large such was her presence.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:23 am

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:12 pm

Queue up the Peaches & Herb

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:50 pm

I'm enjoying the PrequelMemes subreddit. A couple of sidesplitting posts there recently.

One of my favourites:

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:19 am

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Amazon Prime is now offering unlimited free e-books from their available library. Nothing immediately caught my attention until the very bottom of the page. The full set of Darth Vader comics from 2015+ are available. It's really quite fascinating to see how the expanded story that the best minds at Disney and Marvel have collaborated to produce, and the story thus far is quite entertaining and compelling. I love seeing the interactions that Vader has with existing characters off screen, the further expanded relationship he has with Palpatine and the entirely new characters.

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:42 pm

For anyone who'se interested,

I finally managed to finish reading Star Wars: Bloodlines by Claudia Grey. It took me a while to slog through, as it was probably one of the least interesting Star Wars books I've read. That would have to do with the book's main setting, the politics of the New Republic Senate. This book was originally published in May 2016, before the US election, and frankly, with the current highly politicized climate of the real world, I don't really care to read about the same shit in the galaxy far away.

But, I wanted to find out what clues it may have about the next Star Wars film. The story takes place about halfway between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. Actually, near the end of the book, they mention that the Empire was defeated 20 years ago.

Warning! Spoilers ahead, if you plan to read the book.

The defeat of the Empire is considered to be the Battle of Yavin, in Return of the Jedi, where Palpatine is defeated at the hand of Vader. But the Aftermath trilogy by Chuck Wendig goes on to document the Imperial Navy's desperate last stand at Jakku, explaining why there are wrecked Star Destroyers lying about for scavangers like Rey to subsist upon.

Fast forward about 15 years. The New Republic senate is pretty much in the same shape it was in the prequel movies: an ineffective body of squabbling factions that cannot get anything useful done. As Senator Organa tries to investigate claims about an illegal crime syndicate, she discovers a paramilitary group gearing up for who knows what. A group, that later turns out to be forming the basis of the First Order, is being secretly run by a small group of Empire sympathizing senators.

This group discovers, and makes public, Princess Leia's biggest secret: That she is the daughter of Darth Vader. This pretty much destroys her political career. In the end, she gathers her few supporters and establishes the basis of the Resistance, as seen in The Force Awakens.

As I said, I thought most of the story was pretty boring, up until the last quarter of the book. At the point were you are presented with the betrayal of Leia, Senator Carise Sindian is revealed as the one orchestrating the formation of the First Order, and the story switches into high gear, becoming a 'can't put it down' page turner. I would not be surprised to see this character making an appearance in the next movie.

OK, the book gives us the basis of the First Order and The Resistance in The Force Awakens, but not much else. Luke is off somewhere with Ben, Han is busy pursuing a career racing starfighters. There is a lot you can speculate about, but no real hard conclusions.

I need a rest from Star Wars books and have some other books on my reading list. It's pretty great that they are bringing out so many new Star Wars books, between the movies, but they are jumping all over the timeline, which gets my brain a bit scrambled as who did what when. Personally, I'd prefer if they drop the stuff between Episode III and IV and focus on the 30 years leading up to Episode VII, but that would cut out the whole period that Rebels is based around, which I guess Disney considers a money maker, or something they can push toward the young SW audience through the TV show.

Next SW books on my list: Lords Of The Sith by Paul Kemp (canon), Death Troopers by Joe Schreiber (EU, Star Wars +zombies!) and Thrawn by Timothy Zahn (canon). All these books take place in the timeline between Ep. III and IV, and prior to Rogue One. Probably take me the rest of the summer to get caught up.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:55 am

Han Solo spin off loses it's directors just weeks before filming was due to finish. Unusual to say the least.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:25 pm

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:00 pm

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:13 am

Apparently a new line of toys accidentally spoils the ending of movie VIII. Be wary of trolls on social media. Still annoyed at having the fate of Han Solo spoiled before viewing VII.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:56 am

It didn't make it's way to the StarWarsLeaks subreddit so I think it's just a rumour really.