The AndyF1069 Video Game Thread

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: The AndyF1069 Video Game Thread

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:10 pm

Episode II is as poorly designed as I. I got frustrated quite a lot and ended up trying different Sonic games. There was a Sonic bundle which included just about every game available for PC from all eras. I tried Sonic Lost World having no knowledge of when and where it came from. It's a 2d platformer in a 3d world. You can only ever run in one direction, but you aren't limited to just left and right. Reviews I read compared it to Mario Galaxy. That said, it wasn't very fun and was far too unfamiliar to keep my attention. Next I tried Sonic CD. A game that launched for a console I've never heard of, the Sega CD. The game launched in 1993, before Sonic 3. It feels just like the Genesis games but unfortunately it was pretty short. Here are my reviews of Episode II and Sonic CD for Steam.

Episode II

"Episode II tries far too hard to imitate Sonic 2 (from the Genesis). From the introduction of Tails with no story given whatsoever (seriously, why is he suddenly here? Isn't this supposed to be the second half of Sonic 4?), to levels based off Sonic 2 and even the bonus stages for collecting enough rings when finishing a level. Unfortunately this game isn't a remake of Sonic 2, it is supposed to be the second half of Sonic 4. At least episode 1 modified the bonus level to be a new take on the gameplay from Sonic 1 (rotating the level and letting Sonic freefall, rather than just moving Sonic himself). The gameplay in the bonus levels of Episode 2 is identical to Sonic 2.

A quick reminder of the issues that plagued Episode I. Unfamilar feeling controls and physics, poorly designed levels, extremely frustrating boss battles and for PC specifically, a terrible port. All of these are present in Episode II unfortunately. The introduction of Tails doesn't detract from the already existing negative gameplay. Ironically, the addition of Tails introduces new problems that didn't exist in episode 1. There are tag team moves that are now possible such as flying throughout levels, a super spin dash and quicker swimming. However, these mechanics aren't explained at all. Instead all that is given is a prompt to tell you that pushing a specific button will perform an action. There is no explanation of how you may only "jump" whilst flying with Tails 6 times before he will automatically begin to land. There is no explanation of the benefits of super spin dashing and the uses of this mechanic are extremely limited. The two mechanics also clash with each other frequently. With an Xbox controller you engage flying by jumping and pushing X. To super spin dash you simply push X. In a game as fast paced as Sonic, it is far too easy to instinctually push a button expecting a certain action to happen and a different action actually taking place. It would have been much simpler to assign the actions to different buttons. B and A both produce jumps. Couldn't B have instead been used to super spin dash? The dual swimming also isn't explained which led to many frustrating level attempts.

Another irony is that the ability to fly with Tails also allows a lot of the existing platforming to be bypassed. Why bother to attempt to use springs or maneouver over platforms that go up and down when I can instead just fly straight to the top?

There are a handful of levels and bosses that are extremely poorly designed mechanically. There are situations in which you will find yourself dying repeatedly due to no fault at all of your gaming ability. There were far too many times in which I found myself shouting "bull shit " at my screen. This isn't Dark Souls. This isn't Super Meat Boy. I'm not supposed to get this frustated at this type of game, especially when the problem is how the level or boss is set up, rather than the challenge of the gameplay.

I rage quit the game more than I'd like to admit. If not for the completionist in me, I wouldn't have bothered to finish at all. The fun that is had in the acceptable levels is undone by the frustration of the poorly made and designed game. If you are a fan of classic Sonic and wish to experience a modern take, then Sonic Generations and Sonic Mania are leagues better. If like me you just want to experience and complete the game for the sake of doing so, then prepare yourself for a lot of frustation and contemplation of nostalgic feelings for better Sonic games."

Sonic CD

""Unorthodox"

This is the best way that I can describe this game. The introduction of a time travel mechanic is quite interesting. Throughout each stage you can attempt to travel to the past and future of each stage. Doing so will modify the layout of the area and introduce optional minor challenges such as destroying objects.

Gameplay wise, it is the same as all of the genesis games which is absolutely a positive. You platform your way through non linear 2d levels avoiding the varying traps and enemies, working out the boss mechanics at the end of each zone and attempting to collect the chaos emeralds. I could quite easily believe that this was a Sonic 3 if labeled as such (considering it was launched before the Sonic 3 that we know today).

The levels and music mostly fit in to what one would expect of a 90's Sonic Game. I find the music used for bosses to be a bit iffy, but not to the point of them impacting my enjoyment.

My only real gripe with the game is that it's quite short. I finished in well under two hours and that includes multiple failures and repeats of certain bosses. But the time spent playing is enjoyable and there is a replay value in experiencing past and future levels and completing achievements that doesn't exist in the genesis games. So all in all if you enjoyed the genesis era games then there's no reason you won't enjoy this. I wouldn't recommend this as your first 2D Sonic game however."
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:00 am

I was looking for a game to fill the time between my last post and tomorrow when Sonic Mania is released. It needs to be small because I hate committing to games and not finishing them. I decided on the revamped Hitman game from 2016. It's an episodic series, broken into five parts. I only have part 1 so it seemed perfect for a weekend play session.

I've never played any of the prior Hitman games and have absolutely no idea of what to expect and what the standards for a good Hitman game are. I found the controls a bit awkward at first, but after a while I got used to them and found them comfortable. It's quite a unique experience. You are tasked (obviously) with the killing of a person or persons and aren't given any instructions on how to do so. There are a wide variety of methods to do so, all optional. The game doesn't hold your hand either. You have to work things out for yourself. For example, the first level requires the killing of a guy on a yacht party. There's lots of ways to do this, including the generic get close and kill with weapons or choking. It's possible to plant a bomb in his office and blow it remotely. You can poison his food or drinks, wait for him to rush to the bathroom to vomit and then choke him to death in the toilet. I understand that in later levels there will be stronger poisons which can kill on the spot. In this level specifically, there are environmental deaths that can be triggered such as pushing him over the rails to his death r detaching a lifeboat when he is standing underneath it. These aren't cutscene based deaths either and aren't guaranteed kills. I attempted to crush him under the lifeboat but he was moving as I did it and it missed him. There are many other ways in the level to kill him, each of which is considered a challenge to be done on repeat playthroughs. Each level has tons of these challenges, which produces a ton of replayability.

One thing I found whilst playing is that it is mentally exhausting. It's basically a permanent puzzle game. I am constantly thinking of how to kill, avoiding enemies who can recognise that I am out of place and ensuring I can do my kill unnoticed. My second level took me an hour to complete, an hour of non stop "puzzle" solving. I needed a break from the game afterwards and I decided that this wasn't the game for me right now. Knowing there are 4 episodes I have yet to purchase helps with my gaming ocd of finishing everything.

I enjoyed what I played. I look forward to returning to it at some point.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:04 am

I booted up Ryse: Son of Rome knowing it to be a game with a short campaign. I'm already 11% complete after less than a couple of hours. I had no knowledge at all of this game (besides the length) other than it being one of the first games of this generation that was being showcased for the Xbox One. I assumed it to be a stereotypical gladiator hack and slash, but it's a bit different. Combat is somewhat tactical. There is only one attack button. Besides that, you can parry attacks or bash enemies with your shield to set up a counter attack. It's somewhat simplistic, but when surrounded by multiple enemies, it's surprisingly fun. Another strategy element is to set a bonus for when you execute enemies. You can choose between health regen, a damage boost, focus regen (more on that in a minute) or xp boost. Being able to pick and choose is a welcome gameplay element. Am I struggling and need healing? Do my enemies have poor defenses and would die quicker if my damage is higher? But what if those weak enemies are numerous and I am taking hits? Which perk do I want more?

Focus allows you to mildly slow time, enough to get chains of attacks before an enemy will parry or dodge. From my experience of it so far, it's broken. It's basically a win button. Enemies block frequently in regular combat, forcing you to alternate between attacking, bashing and parrying. Being able to chain attacks is basically a guaranteed kill. It's also somewhat boring, but it's a necessary advantage in fights with multiple enemies attacking. Perhaps it will be expanded upon further in the game.

Too early to comment on the story, but thus far it's generic.

There are multiple types of collectables, but they don't seem to have any purpose. If they are there for the sake of being there, then I wonder why they weren't just consolidated into one type. They are highlighted in green which I appreciate. It makes me want to explore each area rather than just barge into each battle.

The game looks fine, but it's also a few years old. I probably would have been quite impressed a few years ago.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Sonic Mania is absolutely fantastic.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:28 am

My Steam review of Sonic Mania

"wow"

If there's one word to describe this game, that would be it. From start to finish I was completely blown away at what was thrown at me. From level design that made repeated runthroughs all have different experiences, to the best boss design of any 2D sonic game of any era. Mania also boasts many tiny little innovations which when written on paper may not seem like big deals, yet when I experienced them for myself I frequently found myself with a smile on my face of what I was experiencing, but to describe them here would be to spoil the experience.

I rarely manage to play a game for more than a couple of hours at a time. I just don't have the attention span in this crazy social media, smart phone having world we live in. I got up to the second to last zone in one sitting. Sonic Mania kept my attention and was fun for every moment.

As mentioned earlier, repeat run throughs are seemingly different experiences. The amount of different potential paths to take is staggering. Add in that Knuckles has zones designed specifically for him, the standard 7 chaos emeralds to attempt to capture and all of the unlockable content, and you find yourself with tons of (always fun) replayability.

My gripes are minor. I dislike that it's a bit too easy to be squished to death. My only moments of (brief) nerd rage came from deaths that I had no control over (rather than just not playing well on avoidable obstacles). The worst of it was with Knuckles in Chemical Plant Zone. The infamous part of the level captured from Sonic 2 in which you have to make your way up through water over the moving obstacles that slowly transition from position to position. Many of us first experienced the horror of the drowning warning here. So I was playing as Knuckles and a spring propels me into this areas as the obstacle is transitioning and it caused me to squish to death. Admittedly I imagine this specific scenario is probably rare due to the timing required, but that it was able to happen is still unfortunate. From a non-gameplay consideration, I was disappointed with the achievements. The overwhelming majority of them are simply about going to a specific part of a specific level and triggering a specific event. It's not really interesting, but achievements aren't a point of consideration for gameplay critique. That I have to mention them at all is proof of strength of all of the good that is included in Sonic Mania.

SImply put, this is one of the best Sonic games ever made. Christian Whitehead and his team should be proud of what they have accomplished and it is my hope that they produce many more Sonic games for many more years to come.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:59 pm

I picked up Sonic Mania on steam as well, and played a bit today while dinner cooked. Chemical Plant Zone Act 1 is a mashup of the Act 1 and Act 2 of the Sonic 2 stage. I had to stop before I got to the Act 1 boss, but I laughed at myself when I noticed it. I'm excited to see what else the game has to offer.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:20 pm

That boss was one of my favourite surprises of the game. I think I hyped myself up too much though, I got through the entire game in less than two days and I'm sad that there's nothing new to experience.

I tried to return to Ryse: Son of Rome but I just can't get into it. Here is my review of an uncompleted run on Steam

I'm a completionist. I try my best to finish a game that I have started no matter how long it takes. I had Banjo Kazooie stolen from me when I was 9. I bought a copy from ebay 10 years later just to finish the final two hours.

I most likely won't finish Ryse.

There is very little about the game that motivates me to keep playing. The combat claims to be "realistic" but realistic would be people dying to singular attacks that pierce the body. You literally have two attacks. Hit with your sword and bash with your shield. That's it. That's the combat. You essentially fall into the same rhythm for every enemy - Hit, bash, hit, bash, hit bash until the execute prompt appears. The execute system also serves very little purpose. Once triggered you are ushered into a quick time event, but your input has no consequence. You are prompted to push a button based on colour (which is quite annoying in itself, games have almost always given input buttons for these events). But even if you get the button wrong, the action goes through anyway. Your only penalty is points that serve no important purpose.

Upgrades are shallow. Increase health, increase focus, increase exp gains. Unlock execution animation A, B , C and so on. If not for the occasional death screen reminding me I have points to spend, I would have utterly forgotten the system existed.

Enemies have no sprite variation. This is quite frankly extremely lazy on the developers part. How can a AAA game that is launched with the Xbox One able to get away with each enemy unit having one singular sprite?

The path is linear. You go in the direction that is before you. Side paths exist but they lead to dead ends, with the occasional collectable item. You could argue that this encourages exploration, except that the collectables seemingly server no purpose. I might be wrong on that in fairness, but I found a decent amount of the different collectables and nothing happened as a result. I don't understand the variance in the type of collectable either. Why have 30 of A B and C if collecting them accomplishes nothing? Why not 100 of A and be done with it.

The visuals are what they are. I'm spoiled by modern games and my expectations. I'm sure at the time this game was considered extremely pretty. Having played The Witcher 3 for so long, I can't say that Ryse impresses me. Especially the robot like facial expressions. The story is generic, but not comical.

The music was occasionally impressive and I found myself enjoying it. But the orchestral themes that I was enjoying only appear during cutscenes. The voice acting is acceptable. I wasn't sucked in but I wasn't dismissive either.

Ignore my total play time, a lot of that is from being idle. I've put about 3 hours into the campaign and apparently I'm already half way through. I am playing on the hardest difficulty available to me. A six hour AAA game isn't really acceptable.

The killer for me though is the performance. There are frame rate drops out of seemingly nowhere. I have a very good pc, able to run the Witcher 3 at ultra with a constant 60fps. Ryse would frequently drop to 20-40fps. It was less common in the first couple of hours but the most recent foresty section was a nightmare. But besides that, alt tabbing caused my pc to crash on two different occasions. This is ultimately the reason why I have no motivation to return to the game.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Played a few hours of Borderlands. Came back to it tonight after a few days and found that Steam had somehow lost the file location, something that's never happened to me before. I didn't have to reinstall the game, but the last big portion of gameplay I'd done was lost which has put me off playing anymore.

I tried Castlevania HD hoping for a nostalgic experience of a game I played a lot on the Genesis, but it wasn't similar so I put that away. Then I found myself in a stump. I've got over 700 games and don't know what to play. I pondered and pondered and settled on giving Assassin's Creed III another go. Last time I played it I was put off by the atrocious keyboard controls, but now I have a controller so it should be a much better experience.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:22 am

Started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider but never managed to finish it before Middle Earth: Shadow of War released which I was ridiculously excited about. Put in about 45 hours so far and experienced the bulk of the game. The final part of the game is an intentionally long grind and I'm a bit fatigued so I'm unsure if I'll see it all through immediately or not. I'll give thoughts on both games when I finish them.

I also picked up Fallout 4 at a great price. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to PS4 graphically and to run it with mods.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:25 am

Finished Middle of Earth after 55 hours and it turns out I was only an hour from the end of Rise of the Tomb Raider, 12 hoursish of story.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:23 pm

How would you rate Shadow of War?

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:05 pm

I started writing an indepth review of it on Steam, but discovered (to my dismay) that Steam has a character limit for reviews, which put me off. It's hard to rate it as a standalone game because of how heavily it draws from the original game. If Shadow of Mordor was an 8/10 then I'd say Shadow of War is barely a 9/10.

This is the review that I started and never finished. I'm going to post a concise version on Steam later today and put that here. Hopefully the review doesn't get shit on due to unhappy fanboys like my Sonic Mania review did because of it having DRM features.

I'd like to preface by respectfully requesting that anybody who plans to rate my review to please do so on the basis of if it gives a good or bad portrayal of the game. If you didn't like the game or if you are angry about lootboxes, please do not mark my review as unhelpful just for the sake of expressing your own disapproval. I put time and effort into my reviews and it makes me sad to have hard work ignored for the sake of wanting to show your own displeasure. Sonic Mania is a good example of this, with people marking any positive review as unhelpful simply because of their unhappiness with Denuvo. I expect a similar response from Shadow of War based on lootboxes. For consideration of my review, I have played for 55 hours entirely on the hardest difficulty (Nemesis). I have completed 95% of the ingame content (I didn't have the patience to finish the skill challenges) and at no point did I need to purchase a lootbox. I will discuss this towards the end.

It's hard to review a game like this without discussing the original. It draws so heavily from the original that it is necessary to compare the two. That said, if you played the original and enjoyed it, then Shadow of War is all that and more. It features all of the features of the first game that made it great, whilst expanding upon the core game for a much better experience. It is not without flaw, including flaws of the original that carried over. But all in all, the negatives do not detract from the positives and Shadow of War is a fantastic game when all things are considered. I will assume that you have a basic knowledge of Shadow of Mordor throughout this review.

The combat is instantly familiar to Shadow of Mordor. It is simple in practice, but requires refinement. A single button dedicated to attacks, yet requiring precision timing to execute correctly whilst ensuring you aren't taking damage from various sources, be it the multiple orcs in melee range, the big bad olags who cannot be parried, archers that are hiding behind cover far above you or even a drake trying to eat you. That one button push is very important. Combat is very fast paced and you will always be on your toes. If you don't pay attention to your enemies to be able to parry attacks, roll out of the way of a smash or move out of the path of an explosive or a trap, then you'll find yourself dead quite often. And with the nemesis system, you will be punished for your death. The orc that killed you will either be promoted into the army, or if he is already in the army, his level will increase making him even harder to kill than he was when he killed you. Being able to slow down time temporarily allows for quick tactical decisions, as well as the chance to use your bow and fire off some headshots. I never tired of combat in Shadow of Mordor and I never tired of combat in Shadow of War. Not bad when you only have a single melee button to push.

The skill tree offers a huge amount of customisation in comparison to Shadow of Mordor. There are specfic rows dedicated to certain types of gameplay (combat, stealth, mounting monsters, etc). Each contains several skills which you can purchase one by one, but each of these skills has 2-3 subskills which alter the skill. For example, you can purchase a skill which allows you to pin an orc in place, making him unable to move which can be used both offensively and defensively. You then have the choice of subskill between causing all nearby orcs to flee after an orc is pinned, double the duration of the pin or allow you to pin olags. As mentioned earlier, olags have attacks which cannot be blocked. Being able to pin an olag and focus on lesser minions or to face a second olag 1v1 was of great help to me.

Later in the game you will unlock the ability to instantly summon a caragor mount with the purchase of a skill. With the subskills you can choose to summon a dire caragor (a much stronger version of a caragor which can be used indoors when fighting overlords), summon a graug (gigantic monstrosities) or summon a fire breathing drake that you can fully control and fly around the map with. Each has positives and negatives. Drakes need to get in close to breath fire and are vulnerable to arrows, graugs are bulky and clumsy but do enormous damage. Caragors are very fast, able to regenerate health by eating orcs and can summon wild caragors to aid you in combat as well as previously mentioned being able to fight indoors. I've given two examples out of dozens. Once a skill is purchased it can be swapped out with another freely at any time outside of combat. This gives you control over how you enter a combat situation. One overlord I had to face very early in my game was a legendary olag who had his own olag grunts. He was immune to arrows and would regenerate health very quickly. The other olags made it next to impossible for me to get more than a couple of hits in and I failed to kill him on multiple tries. I changed my skills to allow for crowd control (such as the previously mentioned pinning) as well as another skill that allowed me to dominate olags (ordinarily only orcs can be dominated). And with those tweaks I was able to beat him. I found myself swapping skills frequently throughout the game. It is a great system and it means that everyone will have a unique play experience. There is no "right" build.

The Nemesis system is expanded as expected. There are tons of different new additions and I'm probably likely to miss some. The same core system is here. Each map has an army of orcs and your goal is to make that army your own and ultimately conquering the map. There is a lot of randomness. Orcs will come from random tribes (which give them combat perks) and will have random names, random strengths and random weaknesses. Orcs may have bloodbrothers. Some orcs will be able to resist your domination. Some orcs will betray you (such as if you make an orc attack his bloodbrother). Ambushes happen regularly, necromancy is a thing and some orcs will return from the dead for revenge. The randomness of every orc is another means of ensuring that ever player will have a unique experience. I personally encountered very few bloodbrothers and was betrayed less than five times whereas others have been betrayed almost hourly. Captain orcs will always introduce themselves with a dialogue. It grows tiresome quickly however, especially as it is more of the same from Shadow of Mordor. Why is there no skip option? I will admit that the entrance of warchiefs is always cool though. The big bad orc with the daunting war theme and name being chanted. Overlords are a weird addition. They are basically just a type of boss in a restricted environment. They don't differentiate themselves from warchiefs outside of dialogue and an ingame generate cutscene. That said, some of the hardest fights will be against overlords so their inclusion is ultimately a good thing.

The open world is what you would expect. Five medium maps instead of two large maps, each with collectibles and challenges as per the norm. The different environments make absolutely no impact to gameplay, so they are basically an aesthetics change. Snow doesn't slow you, enemy variety doesn't change. There is no weather such as snow or rain. I wasn't too impressed. I occasionally had "wow" moments at visuals, but that's true of any current gen game. Visually, the game doesn't seem that much of a step up from Shadow of Mordor, and I'm running the game in ultra, but it isn't ugly by any means. I would just have hoped that with the focus solely on current gen rather than simultaneously supporting two gens, that the visuals would be noticably better. There is nothing about the open world aspects of this game that make it stand out, but it doesn't do anything poorly either.

The story isn't special, but does contain interesting elements. The new characters vary between captivating and genericly boring. The introduction of Shelob as a story charact

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:51 pm

My review of Rise of the Tomb Raider for Steam. If anyone happens to care about pretty screenshots, I'd highly encourage you to check out my album. This game is by far the prettiest none fantasy game that I've played.

It is difficult to review this game without comparing it to the original. I like to go indepth in my reviews but I really can't do so for Rise of the Tomb Raider without it reference the original Tomb Raider in every other sentence. So I'll just give a summary of my thoughts.

The gameplay is a ton of fun, particularly the action sequences. The combat isn't as impressive, particularly the poor enemy AI. I feel the AI needs a huge improvement for future titles. I wasn't impressed with the skill system. None of the unlockables had a "wow" factor to me or did anything that I considered gamechanging. Navigating the world is always cool, Lara is very easy to control and to master.

The world is large and there is plenty to do. Animal to hunt, collectibles to unlock and side quests aplenty. The optional Tombs are a lot of fun to try and work out. They are rarely simple, but they are never difficult to the point of frustration and completing them is very satisfying.

The music and visuals are absolutely stunning. I found myself absolutely in awe at times and I have taken dozens of screenshots. I find myself still in surprise at how pretty it is when I look back on them. If the Witcher 3 is the best looking fantasy game (in my opinion) them ROTTR is without question the best looking (fictional) real world based game. The music is just as impressive as the visuals. The two combined is an absolute treat.

The story is as hokey as the original Tomb Raider, but that's not a bad thing. It takes itself very seriously, whilst also being on the verge of sci-fi. The fact they take themselves seriously allows for immersion and suspension of disbelief. It is silly, but fun. I enjoyed learning the mysteries and history of The Prophet and I was able to relate to the bad guy in a sense. It wouldn't win any oscars for plot if it were a real movie, but there are far too many bland stories in other games so I'm quite happy with what I got.

There are very few things to complain about and none of them impacted my enjoyment of the game. I feel that the Tomb Raider series is heading to the point of being an absolute blockbuster, akin to series such as Uncharted. If the next in the series is as much of an upgrade as Rise of the Tomb Raider was to Tomb Raider then I will definitely be purchasing on day one. Rise of the Tomb Raider is a fantastic game and well worth your time.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:27 pm

My Steam review of To the Moon

To the Moon takes about four hours to finish and has very little gameplay elements. It is one of the best gaming experiences of my life. The characters are all unique, bursting with personality. The story is SO well told and the music is the star of the show. I found myself deep in thought once I had finished the game. It impacted me. It has been about a week since I finished and I am still thinking about it. I've had the soundtrack on loop all this time. I've watched lets plays of the games, seeing how other people reacted. So many of them shed legitimate tears, men and women. If you are the type of person who can invest in fictional characters, then I can guarantee that you will experience strong emotions as you experience this story. It is worth every single penny and every moment of your time.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:01 am

I was naughty and purchase Cuphead at a discount (need to stop doing that). I'm burnt out on open world games and wanted to try something different. This game is as fun as it is challenging, but the difficulty is fair. Each level has a learning curve and eventually you will master each segment and get it done. The aesthetics are beautiful.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:39 pm

I now own Destiny 2 for PC (got it essentially for free) and picked up Bayonetta for the cost of a sandwich.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Don't have a clue why and I'm not complaining at all, a friend bought me Dark Souls III Deluxe Edition. Looks like I'll have plenty to do over the Christmas break