ROH NYC 8/25

Discuss wrestling happening everywhere that isn't WWE or TNA.
Magnum TA
Developmental Talent

ROH NYC 8/25

Post by Magnum TA » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:26 pm

Ring Of Honor
August 25th, 2007- 7:30 pm belltime
Manhattan Center (Grand Ballroom)
311 West 34th St.
New York, NY 10001
(212) 279-7740

Tickets are available at www.rohwrestling.com, www.tickets.com, or by calling (215) 781-2500.

ROH World Title Match
Takeshi Morishima (if still champion) defends vs. Bryan Danielson

World Tag Team Title-2/3 Falls Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

Battle Of Generation Next Founding Fathers
Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong vs. Jack Evans

Special Challenge Match
Davey Richards vs. PAC

Tag Team Attraction
Matt Cross & Erick Stevens vs. Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw

Plus more to be announced soon with: Nigel McGuinness; Claudio Castagnoli; Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney, Sara Del Rey, Tank Toland & Bobby Dempsey; Brent Albright; Delirious; BJ Whitmer; Adam Pearce; Jimmy Jacobs; Daizee Haze and more.

K-Dogg
Rookie

Post by K-Dogg » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:43 pm

Castagnoli vs. Hero has been announced as well. So i think that will be a classic, seeing as they both know each other soo well.

I cant wait for this show and im gonna be there!!!! Morishima and Danielson are gonna have a hell of a match. The triple threat match should be good, but the last time i saw Roderick was at "Respect is Earned" and boy was he off his game.

2/3 Falls will be great as well, it should be a great show all around.

Magnum TA
Developmental Talent

Post by Magnum TA » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:50 am

I cant wait. Briscoes vs. Steen/Generico two nights in a row to settle the feud(possibly?). I love their matches. Been waiting for Danielson vs. Morishima for a while(if thats what the match will be).

Magnum TA
Developmental Talent

Post by Magnum TA » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:43 pm

1. Matt Cross & Erick Stevens d. Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw - Yelling "quack" was so much fun when there's 1,000 people doing it. Jigsaw still impresses me. Cross once again earned his stars. Stevens should be kicked back to the minors- he's got the size, a look and Cross to do the athletic double teams but meh.

2. Jimmy Jacobs d. Mitch Franklin Not much better than Jacobs and Titus. Jimmy needs to work off the ring rust. No contra code.

3. BJ Whitmer, Adam Pearce, & Brent Albright d. Delirious, Nigel McGuinness, & Pelle Primeau - High spot was Ngel setting up for the Tower of London with Primeau double teaming by double stomping the victem as McGuiness dropped him. Whitmer got some heat. Albright is wasted here. Hagadorn got screwed over by his barber.

4. Davey Richards d. PAC by submission - Sucked the balls of a sweaty martian fertility god.

Misuharu Misawa was officially announced as appearing on 11/2 in Philly and 11/3 in NYC! CT gets screwed again, we have the doubleshots with New York and Philly gets saturday shows.

5. Austin Aries wins the three way match, defeating Roderick Strong and Jack Evans - Goddamned Smokes has returned as the manager of Jack Evan's new crew, and Ruckus has debuted as the first member of Evan's crew as well!

6. Ruckus d. Eddie Edwards. Edwards puts on a hell of a match the night before and it was commented to me that he has to job out to the new guy in a squash.

7. Claudio Castagnoli d. Chris Hero Claudio carried the match. Sarah Del Rey was the best ringside person for Hero. Daizee came out to protect Claudio from the girl (aka the dangerous one outside the ring). The crowd didn't figure out "Hey" could become "Haze!" Del Rey was pissed when I told her that Sweeney and Hero and Tolland were bringing her down.

8. Takeshi Morishima d. Bryan Danielson to retain the ROH World Championship - Match of the year candidate possibility. Dragon earned his cheer this night. I still think he's a douchebag, but he put on a hell of a show. He put Morishima over on the microphone after the match.

9. The Briscoes d. Kevin Steen/El Generico in two straight falls to retain the ROH World Tag Team Titles. Not the end of the fued. Steen bullied generico into beating down the Briscoe bros with a ladder after the match. The belts were then stolen from Jay and Mark. Generico had a run in with a fan in an El Generico mask. The fan said somethng along the lines of "Say it isn't so Joe."

credit theburninghammer.com