Kevin Steen

Discuss wrestling happening everywhere that isn't WWE or TNA.
blind
Rookie

Kevin Steen

Post by blind » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:21 pm

Like most of us original ROHbots on the WV board, we've pretty much drifted off ROH since it's not the same product but I can't help but be excited.

ROH debuts in Canada and Kevin Steen has a chance to take the title off Nigel. The chances are slim and Nigel has already retained twice against Steen albeit cheaply but I'm ready to mark for the moment Steen pins Nigel.
Last edited by blind on Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScToTeE
Mid Carder

Post by ScToTeE » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:52 am

Could you explain to me the pay-per-view system ROH operates? Like chronologically what have been its pay-per-view events this year? I have been searching and trying to figure what are the main shows, and what are the normal television episodes (if there are any ...). What should I be looking for when I say I want ROH's equivalent of WWE's Royal Rumble through to Armageddon?

... sorry to go off topic ...

samostrong
Rookie
Location: In to the cup final for the second season running!!

Post by samostrong » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Hey - first thing you should know. ROH does not have a TV deal.

In some countries (the UK, possibly Canada) they're on TV but it's not a TV deal. They don't produce TV shows, what's shown on TV is the undercards of old (circa '05-'06) ROH dvds.

Second thing you should know: ROH tape their PPV's between 2 and 3 months before they're aired. This is because they're edited down to two hours. Therefore, if you are an avid DVD collector - or aspire to be - I believe you can buy the whole show as opposed to the PPV, but obviously not before it's on the box.

Respect Is Earned- New York, NY 5/12/07
Driven- Chicago Ridge, IL 6/23/07
Man Up- Chicago Ridge, IL 9/15/07
Undeniable- Edison, NJ 10/6/07
Rising Above- New York, NY 12/29/07
Take No Prisoners- Philadelphia, PA 3/16/08

If you're looking to get in to ROH, the thread below "So what's been going on..." has a list of DVDs from the bast 18 months that was recommended as essential viewing, as a lot of the original ROH nuts on these boards drifted away, as blind said in his post.
Has got some Trevor Francis tracksuits from a mush in Shepherds Bush!!

ScToTeE
Mid Carder

Post by ScToTeE » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:58 pm

samostrong wrote:Hey - first thing you should know. ROH does not have a TV deal.

In some countries (the UK, possibly Canada) they're on TV but it's not a TV deal. They don't produce TV shows, what's shown on TV is the undercards of old (circa '05-'06) ROH dvds.

Second thing you should know: ROH tape their PPV's between 2 and 3 months before they're aired. This is because they're edited down to two hours. Therefore, if you are an avid DVD collector - or aspire to be - I believe you can buy the whole show as opposed to the PPV, but obviously not before it's on the box.

Respect Is Earned- New York, NY 5/12/07
Driven- Chicago Ridge, IL 6/23/07
Man Up- Chicago Ridge, IL 9/15/07
Undeniable- Edison, NJ 10/6/07
Rising Above- New York, NY 12/29/07
Take No Prisoners- Philadelphia, PA 3/16/08

If you're looking to get in to ROH, the thread below "So what's been going on..." has a list of DVDs from the bast 18 months that was recommended as essential viewing, as a lot of the original ROH nuts on these boards drifted away, as blind said in his post.
Cool thanks, I will check it out. :D

blind
Rookie

Post by blind » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:07 pm

The way the PPV's are done, they are very watchable on their own. They have their own sort of continuity (Nigel chasing and winning the belt, Steen and Generico chasing the tag belts, AOTF, etc.).