New X-Division Championship belt for Destination X

Discuss the latest happenings in Impact Wrestling. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

New X-Division Championship belt for Destination X

Post by isrs4life » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:24 pm

I thought the first x-division title was the very best I wish it was kept it really did look prestigeous when AJ Styles
held it and the 2nd x-division championship was ok but definently not as good as the first belt do you think the 3rd
x-title will be even better then the 2nd?

1st title

2nd title

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TN ... _Champions

Best Champions were AJ Styles, Michael Shane, Christopher Daniels,
Samoa Joe, Petey Williams, Suicide, Jay Lethal, Austin Aries and Chris Sabin

Now that was my best guess for what I looked at the x-division championship history.

Best X-division championship match was from Unbreakable 2005 between AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels
for sure!

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Re: New X-Division Championship belt for Destination X

Post by Greg_McNeish » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:49 pm

That first title sure is beaten up. I don't just mean the chipped paint, either. Look at how cracked that leather is.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Yeah, I didnt even notice that when I first posted it.
It was wikipedias best pic they offered heres a better picture from google

Maybe that was some fans belt not the real tna x-title sense it looked like it was
on someones backdeck.

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:56 pm

That is some cheap-ass leather.

LondonChick62
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: lacarrington1

Post by LondonChick62 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Apparently this is going to be the newest design.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Yeah it looks like a real nice belt reminds me of the attitude era ic belt but just a tad bit different
and i like the blue added to it and works well with the current tna world belt is accually a nicer
title then the world belt and definently the jeff hardy one for sure.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:45 pm

So there is a mini tornament for the x-division championship top 2 contenders for tonight
but the accuall x-division championship will be crowned on next weeks impact episode
in an ultimate x match.

I thought it was all going to be done tonight but I guess its just a 2 hour show I some
what thought it was going to be a 3 hour one but of course it wasnt promoted as a 3 hour
show maybe the wait for next week is right.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:52 am

They can afford to make a new belt but not pay there wrestlers on time they need to get there pay structure sorted before people walk

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 am

Your new x-division champion is.
SpoilerShow
Manic defeated Son joydutt and Trent Barretta thought that was him on Impact
for next week to win the x-division championship in a Ultimate X match.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm

I like the new belt, TNA has bigger fish to fry though than updating their belts.

and son joydutt, that's just tremendous.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:46 pm

TNA should be more worried about if their wrestlers are actually registered to compete in other states. What a total farce that was, makes me wonder if they are going out of business.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Red_And_Yellow wrote:TNA should be more worried about if their wrestlers are actually registered to compete in other states. What a total farce that was, makes me wonder if they are going out of business.
Oh WWE releases people every year TNA is doing the exact same thing I dont think it will hurt them any.
I'm kind of glad Tara is gone from tna.

Bruce Prichard hasnt always been with TNA maybe for like 2 or 3 years but they had other guys helping
them out before him sure dixie will find some one else.

It wont hurt TNA at all and I believe that.

I know TNA could use lots more main eventers it still feels small but Chris Sabin is a good guy to
be in the main event right now thats hes been with tna for so many years.

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:46 pm

Yeah, releasing people isn't what he was talking about. They've always carried a bigger roster than they should, so releases are a good thing. What Red was talking about was the majority of their house show roster not being able to perform in Missouri, last week, because they didn't fill out some simple paperwork they should have had done in January.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Greg_McNeish wrote:Yeah, releasing people isn't what he was talking about. They've always carried a bigger roster than they should, so releases are a good thing. What Red was talking about was the majority of their house show roster not being able to perform in Missouri, last week, because they didn't fill out some simple paperwork they should have had done in January.
I don't know what the protocol in the wrestling business is for traveling promotions but I would imagine it's something similar to this:

Step 1: Book venue
Step 2: Register wrestlers in the state of the venue
Step 3/4: Organize the layout of the stage and arena for your event or Advertise the event in the area surrounding the venue
Step 5: Gather the materials for the layout of the stage and ring and transport them to the venue.

That's very simplistic and overly broad and probably doesn't put enough emphasis on a few of the steps but those seem to be five of the most basic things that they can do. I don't understand how they didn't register their wrestlers, Adam talked about being registered in Missouri (it cost him $15 ffs) and how painless the process was. This isn't even a Bruce Pritchard leaving problem, this means Pritchard wasn't doing his job if this wasn't already taken care of and maybe provides some insight into how TNA runs their business. The simple things that need to be done are overlooked, that's either through laziness or sheer ignorance, I'm going to guess it's a combination of the two. It's documented that they are losing money on these TV tapings on the road (but they have to keep doing them or they are out of business entirely because they aren't taping at the Impact Zone anymore), they are releasing key personnel and they aren't creating new stars.

TNA being out of business by 2014 is a distinct possibility, I can't imagine that Panda Energy is down to keep up with the sinking ship any longer, but we'll see.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Yeah, all that stuff. Well, except this:
Red_And_Yellow wrote:It's documented that they are losing money on these TV tapings on the road (but they have to keep doing them or they are out of business entirely because they aren't taping at the Impact Zone anymore)
They can't go back to Universal Studios, but it's not like that's the only sound stage in the US. Studio wrestling is as old as television. I'm not saying they'd survive that kind of transition (it would be a PR nightmare, and tough to sell to Spike TV); I'm just saying that they don't HAVE to stay on the road.

DaddyEccentric
Legend

Post by DaddyEccentric » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Yeah but they announce going head to head with WWE on Mondays and went back..

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Yeah, and that was a PR nightmare. There are only so many of those a company can survive.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Dixie is now going to be answering questions from fans on Twitter every Thursday, that should be fun.

I loved this snippet though:
This has been a big year for TNA. We took IMPACT LIVE on the road, exactly where it needs to be – where you’ve asked us to be – in your backyard. We also changed our Pay-Per-View schedule, shifting from 12 to four live Pay-Per-View events each year, in order to increase the value of these events for you. To grow TNA, these are moves that needed to be made. And, part of changes like this, includes structural changes within TNA to align with this new business model.
Especially the part about PPVs, so in order to grow their business, they had to take away from shows that fans actually pay to purchase. That logic doesn't make sense because their ratings haven't changed, so their business has not grown. Their PPV buys aren't public but I can't imagine that anyone who wasn't buying PPVs now justifies it saying "Oh I can buy only four now!" The people who don't buy PPVs and stream them on the internet are going to do this until they reach a sort of epiphany that they realize the morally correct thing to do is buy something rather than steal it. The number of PPVs for these people are irrelevant, they will continue to stream them. And even for the sake of argument that some people will buy the PPVs now that there are only four, it's not going to be enough to offset the amount of PPVs purchased for the other 8 months they don't run one. So for every person who may buy all 4 PPVs now, the guy who always bought the PPVs now buys 8 less PPVs, therefore the fan who was buying PPVs needs to be replaced by two PPV purchasers. Something tells me that's not likely.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:28 pm

She didn't say "grow the PPV business". She said "grow TNA". Their TV deals make them money. Their PPVs were losing them money, as the cost of running 12 shows in a year wasn't being met by costs (we don't have actual figures, but that's the consensus of people that are supposed insiders). Your math is right for retaining revenue, but isn't taking into consideration costs. They don't need to recoup all the lost revenue of the 8 cancelled shows. They kept their top selling shows, and reduced the costs of running PPVs by over half.

The PPV business won't grow with this move, but if this move transformed that portion of the business from a money sink to at least breaking even, then it will, indeed, help to "grow TNA".

Not that any of that matters, if they bleed money everywhere else, of course....

Eboney
Mid Carder

Post by Eboney » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Well, when you get complacent for so f'n long, there's not much you can do when you realize you gotta get your shit together. I don't know why would switch from the Fairgrounds to Orlando. 1,000 people paying 10 bucks a pop is a whole lot better than 1,000 people getting it for free. idk idk Plus, TNA conditioned that iMPACT! Zone so damn much. It must be embarrassing to hear some of the reactions to stuff that would get a "this is awesome" chant in Orlando.

The Nikki Bella~! Special