Impact goes POP!

Discuss the latest happenings in Impact Wrestling. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: Impact goes POP!

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:22 pm

It definitely sounds plausible, as far as TNA shenanigans go.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:47 pm

The Feast or Famine match concept was stupid anyway. Why would a promotion book a match with main event level guys or guys who could contend for titles in a match where they could be fired? Doesn't make any sense at all.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:31 pm

You're talking about the same company that thought reverse battle royals, one of which was a reverse battle royal into a steel cage, were good ideas. This same company spent thousands to build a giant, red birdcage with a hole in the top for someone to climb through. Given that the intent was to climb said birdcage, you would think that it would be easy to climb, right? Nope, everyone had to wear gloves because the damn bars were so sharp on the hands.

That doesn't even get into the brainless decision to bring in Hulk Hogan and Pals. Which became nothing more than a vehicle for Hogan and Bischoff to promote the shit out of themselves and their friends over the company and eventually led to easily one of the worst matches ever televised: Garrett Bischoff vs. Wes Brisco. Which, for TNA, really says something.

TNA is a shrine to bad ideas.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:50 pm

Oh, in some ladder matches the belt or briefcase is to high to climb in tna if i'm right about it. They do have a big ladder for it but when the medium ones are out it's not easy to climb.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:48 pm

I basically assume that any rumored dumbass idea about TNA is true.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:53 pm

Reverse Battle Royal takes the cake. I understand you're being paid to do a task, but you'd think the wrestlers would put their foot down on something like that. I remember watching one in about 2008, the majority of guys spent their time just punching each other back and forth on the outside and hardly anyone actually tried to get inside. Once they did get inside, they stood around looking stupid waiting for others to get in. At least WWE learnt their lesson with the championship scramble match (overly complicated match that even some of the wrestlers performing didn't understand) and never repeated it. The fact that TNA had more than one of these types of matches is astounding.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:00 pm

I was curious and googled one of the matches. A reverse battle royal into a standard battle royal? What was the freaking point of that? To top it off, it was on a Bound for Glory PPV too. This is so incredibly difficult to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi9KP6aQmW4
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Just trying to remember what the rules for the battle royal were without looking them up or opening that YouTube video, was it like this?

(1) everyone starts on the floor with the objective to get in the ring,
(2) once 8 men entered the ring then they have a normal battle royal,
(3) the eliminations in the battle royal would determine seeding in a tournament,
(4) once 2 men were left in the battle royal, they would have a wrestling match and the winner would get a bye in the tournament to be the #1 contender for the title I think.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:07 pm

I think it changed from match to match. I know when they did the Women's variation at Lockdown only two had to climb in and it became a one of one match, can't remember if the Escape-the-Cage rule was in effect on that one. Or if the Knockouts title was on the line. I think Roxxi Leveaux was one of the women who made it into the cage, which was pretty random at that point because she was pretty much just being booked as a manager for the New Age Outlaws, or Voodoo Kin Mafia, or whatever they were going by then.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:17 pm

My fucking head hurts from trying to understand the logic and rules of that match.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Red_And_Yellow wrote:Just trying to remember what the rules for the battle royal were without looking them up or opening that YouTube video, was it like this?

(1) everyone starts on the floor with the objective to get in the ring,
(2) once 8 men entered the ring then they have a normal battle royal,
(3) the eliminations in the battle royal would determine seeding in a tournament,
(4) once 2 men were left in the battle royal, they would have a wrestling match and the winner would get a bye in the tournament to be the #1 contender for the title I think.
I only watched sniplets of the video so can't say for sure, but this seems correct. Reading those rules gave me a headache.

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:53 pm

El Canuck wrote:I think it changed from match to match. I know when they did the Women's variation at Lockdown only two had to climb in and it became a one of one match, can't remember if the Escape-the-Cage rule was in effect on that one. Or if the Knockouts title was on the line. I think Roxxi Leveaux was one of the women who made it into the cage, which was pretty random at that point because she was pretty much just being booked as a manager for the New Age Outlaws, or Voodoo Kin Mafia, or whatever they were going by then.
I believe the stipulation was that the winner got the title (or a title shot), whilst the loser of the 1-on-1 got their head shaved.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:11 am

Oh right, then they shaved Roxxi's head.

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:31 am

They sure did.

That's actually got some roots in lucha libre. CMLL runs essentially reverse-elimination tournaments, where the losing teams advance, and the losers of the finals get de-masked/shaved.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:12 am

I remember the sting and abyss last rites match and the electric cage match with team 3 d they both sucked balls

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 am

Greg, Goobs and any other fans of the indy ladies may find this interesting: The latest addition to the TNA roster is miss Courtney Rush.

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:46 am

Indeed. She's not someone who would get a look from WWE, so this is her best move for exposure and a paycheque. Go get it, girl.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:30 am

Which is a crying shame in itself. I think WWE should be ashamed that they don't have both her and Kellie Skater on their roster at this very moment.

And Kimber Lee.

And Nicole Matthews.

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am

They have more female wrestlers, as well as more female wrestlers from the indy scene, on their payroll than ever before, by a staggering margin. What in the world should they be ashamed about?

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:57 am

That they don't have Rush and Skater on that payroll too. They're missing out on two great talents that could really bolster an already impressive roster.