Could Anthem might be the death of TNA/GFW/Impact?

Discuss the latest happenings in Impact Wrestling. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Could Anthem might be the death of TNA/GFW/Impact?

Post by isrs4life » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:22 pm

So, I just heard that Anthem is running out of money on things I dont know if this involves impact brand or not
I hope Vince buys it from them if thats it and add it to the wwe network/new content on dvd specials.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Re: Could Anthem might be the death of TNA/GFW/Impact?

Post by Big slim » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:58 pm

This story is kind of old, but it isn't cheap to run a wrestling company and that is part of the reason why Anthem is moving operations of the whole company to Canada and likely ending the tapings in the Impact Zone in Orlando. They could still choose to cut off and sell the company sometime next year, if TNA/Impact/GFW/Impact continues to not bring in much money.

Likely, Vince would buy them, mostly for the tape library, with Joe, AJ, Bobby Roode, Sting, and Kurt Angle they would have plenty of material for more home video releases as well as collections to show on WWE Network. Don't forget the good stuff involving The Hardys, not Victory Road 2011 though, wipe that shit out!

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: Could Anthem might be the death of TNA/GFW/Impact?

Post by El Canuck » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:35 pm

The only reason to buy TNA/Impact would be for the tape library. Many of the people presently involved in the company are friends and acquaintances and while I wish them nothing but success with the move to Ontario, the TNA/Impact name, rights and company have been too poorly handled that at this point, it can't be salvaged. They're at the point of paying actors to attend. That's pretty much the end of the line. Anthem and everyone involved should just cut their losses, sell the library and move on. There's plenty of other companies in Canada that Anthem can invest money and time slots in (like SMASH Wrestling, which it already airs on Fight Network; and Scott D'Amore's own Border City Wrestling) and anyone with the money to afford TNA/Impact are better off starting their own company, one without the odor of TNA/Impact.

So, who would want the tapes? WWE. Them and them alone, pretty much. A streaming service like Netflix or Hulu might look at the library for the right price, but they would never pursue it with the interest that WWE would and since WWE would be far more interested than any streaming service, they would be willing to pay more than the streaming services would.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!