If impact brought back monthly ppvs like Redemption?

Discuss the latest happenings in Impact Wrestling. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

If impact brought back monthly ppvs like Redemption?

Post by isrs4life » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:01 pm

If impact wrestling wants to be a better promotion and restart doing ppvs like Redemtion it could mean something again
like a couple weeks ago they did an impact special called Crossroads jeeze at times I wonder if they could bring up some
good names for ppvs if theres any. After all it was tna that stopped doing the 12 monthly ppv events which they had some good ones.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: If impact brought back monthly ppvs like Redemption?

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:04 pm

Why do you care? You don't pay for ppvs, it doesn't affect you at all.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:23 pm

I'd like to buy the impact ppvs but I dont have a credit card and now they have a network like wwe
and they have full ppv matches on youtube for a couple of years now. Which i've watched a couple of times before. But the sad
part about impact ppvs is that there better days have gone by in the past like how tna got around
and they had a distribution company for dvds to be in stores world wide and now they dont, but I like to see them go back to that idea
so other fans or new fans can buy there product if there under new owner ship for real like that redemption ppv they made.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:35 pm

You didn't answer my question. Why do you care if they do ppvs or not?
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:33 pm

I like them, like they got Austin Aries, Johnny Impact, Alberto el patron, Bobby Lashley and more.
I also like to find space in my house for these events if they come about it again.

And you did not respond to my story about them getting a distribution company again :idea:

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:24 pm

You like them, but you don't pay for them. Do you watch Impact as it airs or do you wait for it to appear on YouTube? Buying DvD's months after a show isn't the same as supporting a company.

You didn't tell a story about distribution, you gave a thought about what you like. There's nothing about your opinion for me to comment on. You like having DvD's. That's cool, you should get as many DvD's as you want. But buying a DvD is NOT the same as buying a live PPV.

So again, them doing PPV's has absolutely no bearing on you because you'll only buy DvD's months down the road. There's no difference between a live airing of a PPV or a taped for DvD show in front of a TV audience.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:17 pm

At least buying an impact ppv dvd later you can get a better watch out of it then watching the show live with dvd you can pause the
show when you need to do something short else...

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Because PPVs are more expensive to do than TV tapings. TV tapings also allow both the channel and Impact to make money from advertising. PPVs have no advertising, so the only money they make from it being on PPV are from people buying the PPV live. If you can't get people to buy your product every few months, they are not going to buy it every month, it's just too much to ask. The reason they cut back is because they were losing so much money and the reason they were losing money was because no one was buying the PPVs.

So, by cutting back on the number of PPVs, they tried to make the few PPVs they had left look really big, kinda like how WWE PPVs all looked like a big deal in the early 1990's when they only had four. I see where you are coming from, as you feel that having a full 12 ppv's will make the company look big again. But it would only make them LOOK big (not actually be big) in that one way, while costing them a lot of money that they don't have to spend right now. It just makes no sense for them to do it.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!