eobversion1

Re: "Last Film you watched" chain

Post by eobversion1 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:09 pm

This is one hell of a trailer. wow

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun May 14, 2017 1:13 am

Finally watched Mad Max: Fury Road (good ol' Netflix) and I'm blown away. A thrill ride from the first minute to the last that never lets you go. It's a rare movie where it feels like every cylinder was firing as one in almost perfect harmony. A damn near masterpiece in my books. 9/10.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:13 pm

It's a good one alright Nucks

Went along to see Alien Covenant today, it's clunky and offensively predictable but pretty enjoyable. Not since DeNiro in his prime have we seen an actor on a roll the way Michael Fassbender has been given the form he's been showing over the last few years.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun May 14, 2017 4:55 pm

I finally! watched Blended (2014) well I thought it was a good movie but I am tired of Sandler doing father role films...
All thow this one was his best and I have not seen any new sandler films since this one that came after this movie and it
was made by Happy Madison productions.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Logan is now available on demand, you can be sure I'll be giving it another watch and picking up the Blu-Ray.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Mon May 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Not as fun of a ride as the original, it's hard to top the surprise feeling you get when a movie generally comes out of (k)nowhere and you enjoy it so much. However, the emotion and story of the movie make it a great entry in the MCU. Chris Pratt shines as Star Lord adn the dude shows some chops in the heavier scenes, the development in the relationship between Gamora (Zoe Saladana) and Nebula (Karen Gillian) is a treat to watch, Batista continues to prove he is just as capable as The Rock when it comes to acting as he does his part as Drax well, Baby Groot is freaking adorable and Rocket is excellent as well.

Kurt Russel is a nice addition as Ego and the dynamic between him and Star Lord is interesting to watch, great couple of months for Kurt and Vin as they were in Fate of the Furious and Guardians back to back.

The real stand out Michael Rooker as Yondu. Can't give away his bit in the film, but damn it gets to you!

Overall I would say it's a nice addition to the year in superhero movies, not nearly as good as Logan (although what can be and I can safely bet that nothing from either DC or Marvel will come close to touching it) and not quite the balls out fun that The Lego Batman Movie was, but Guardians Vol. 2 was a fun and surprisingly emotional ride.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:24 pm

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri May 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Why Him :?:

Well I finally watched it well I bought it used at my local dvd rental store and I decided to buy it and I watched it when I got home
and I thought it was funny and the movie worked great and thats a bonus for me :)

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:51 pm

DC seems to have made a good movie for a change in Wonder Woman.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri May 19, 2017 10:48 pm

As I've said multiple times, I've actually liked MoS and BvS (still haven't seen Suicide Squad), but I am so glad it seems they finally have a money that fans and critics alike will enjoy, and as I fan I won't have to deal with the annoying as hell back and forth between detractors of the DCEU and fans of the DCEU. Both saids are really irritating and make the whole experience worse with their idiotic bickering.

Should keep everyone calm until November when Justice League drops, then we can start the game all over again :)!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Yup, Snyder fanboys seem to be particularly irritating. I don't know why he has a legion of followers, he's an awful filmmaker. From the trailer footage alone Justice League looks like an epic disaster. The melting together of the editing, VFX and cinematography looks particularly awful. The first ever live action Justice League film deserves better.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat May 20, 2017 6:56 pm

I got the lethal weapon movie set but there both double sided oh well i'll figure it out
Say, do the double sided dvds last long?

and I plan to watch lethal weapon sequals one per weekend.

I remember I got Austin Powers and the first and third movie were double sided and austin powers 2 wasn't which I found
odd, maybe because Austin Powers 2 was the best of the series :)

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sun May 21, 2017 12:02 am

If they can get past Justice League, which is a sentence nobody should say, then they should be fine. Again if Wonder Woman is as good as folks are saying, WB would have to go in a completely different direction from where Synder has taken them. Having different filmmakers or at least getting one better is the best the best hope for the DCEU.

I feel a bit different from you Evan, I see bright spots in the trailers, I think Jason Mania and Ezra Miller will do good work as Aquaman and Flash. Cyborg, they are going to have to improve that look before they even think about a solo flick.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:11 am

Sure, I mean the movie's not finished yet but by the look of the trailer, it doesn't look like it does anyone any favours going forward. The best way I can put it is all the elements that you think should work in a movie look so thrown together or poorly thought out that they kind of fold together like melted Neapolitan ice cream. We've been hearing about a Zack Snyder directed Justice League in the run-up to BvS but we haven't heard anything beyond this. If I were them I'd beg Patty Jenkins to take it in a new direction after Justice League assuming she's interested. I hope she is.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon May 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Just say a story from the Hollywood Reporter that Zack Snyder and his wife have left Justice League to deal with the suicide of Zack's daughter from March. Hell of a burden a movie of that scale must've been and the fact that he dealt with that and continued is something.

In the mean time, Joss Wheadon has been brought in by WB and the Snyders to finish the movie up in it's post and some re-shoots.

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Tue May 23, 2017 11:27 pm

isrs4life wrote: I got the lethal weapon movie set but there both double sided oh well i'll figure it out
Say, do the double sided dvds last long?
I do not particularly like double sided discs, luckily they are not used as much anymore. Usually only for those cheap multi movie packages. I've not experienced them to last any less longer than normal one sided discs, but I have had several double sided discs be unplayable right out of the box while brand new.

My biggest issue with double sided discs is that, no matter how carefully you try to handle them, you wind up smudging and scratching them on at least one side. And they seem more fragile than one sided discs.

Last movies watched:

The Prince and The Pauper (1937)

Based on the Mark Twain story, starring Errol Flynn. More of a story for kids. OK film, not quite the swaggering adventure like other Flynn movies from the period.

Men in White (1934)

Medical drama starring Clark Gable. Pretty dated. Parodied by the Three Stooges' short Men in Black

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed May 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Oh, well i took back the lethal weapon set because I wasnt sure about the movies anymore and got my money back.

I do have many double sided disks as well but i've had no issues with them because I always keep them in there cases after watching them
and on some sort of bookshelf.

I just hate it when one of my fav movies is on the back side like camp nowhere oh I had found a triple dvd set
with Camp nowhere on its own at a different time and I put the dvd into a seperate case.

and my mousehunt movie is double sided as well and I have an old copy of cobra which is also double sided to.

and for one more thing

A dream of mine would be if I could get all the 90s batman movies on there own seperate dvds I had one time came cross some
but wasnt interested in them at the time.

and there are always better versions of box sets somewheres in the world and my city sucks for buying old movies at times.

Like one time I had an awesome wayne's world 1&2 double feature on the same disk and I had given it away and both
movies worked great at the time.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Some people are boycotting Wonder Woman due to Gal Gadot's views on Israel i.e. Israeli occupation of Palestine. What that has to do with the movie I have no idea. I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting anyway.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat May 27, 2017 11:25 pm

The Prince (2014)

Well it said it was a wal-mart exclusive and I liked the movie I bought it and I watched it in the same night and Bruce Willis
accually plays the bad guy in this!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed May 31, 2017 12:01 am

I watched Non-stop (2014) it was a nice hyjack type airplane movie storyline and it was good.